Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I'm going to be a dissenting opinion. This is a "pinball" game for people who don't like pinball. Which is fine, but not for me.
Well I haven't yet bought this (waiting to see if table sharing gets added...that, IMO, is the whole point of user created levels), but I love both realistic pinball sims and fantasy tables. I guess you could further divide those categories into "it could be made" tables with arcade physics (some of the less over the top zen tables; ooo Gameprom titles, etc.) and completely out of this world pinball games (Zombie Pinball for example; tables with multiple "stages", etc). I also enjoyed real pinball when I had the money...just wasn't very good at it. And there aren't many places in the US with pinball tables nowadays anyway. Well, there aren't many arcades either.

I was a 90's table player anyway; the more chutes, coasters, etc. the better as far as I was concerned. I cut my teeth on tables like Elvira, Terminator 2, etc. In fact, the only twbles I really don't care for are the ones with a 2-dimensional field...in other words, bumpers and targets but no ramps, shoots, coasters, etc. 70's style I guess.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Game progress resets every time i open the app on ipad2. Always shows the quick battle 1p 2p screen.

Saving seems to work fine when I play it on iphone 4s. Both devices logged into the same gamecenter acct. Achievements are different depending in which device I use, even though it's the same gc acct.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I haven't encountered any bugs so far. Pretty fun game, but the "physics" takes a bit getting used to for me. Seems like the ball really accelerates the closer it reaches the end of the flipper causing a lot of drains. Went over to my parents house and played a few games with one of my brothers, and he had a hard time getting the timing down.

But once I got used to it, its pretty fun. I think I'm in a pinball phase right now..but this game offers a nice variety to the standard pinball games. I almost wish Zen Studios or LittleWing will pick up on this type of pinball game and incorporate their "physics".

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this game. And just realized Prank Entertainment made Ant Raid..another fun, quality game!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
I haven't encountered any bugs so far. Pretty fun game, but the "physics" takes a bit getting used to for me. Seems like the ball really accelerates the closer it reaches the end of the flipper causing a lot of drains. Went over to my parents house and played a few games with one of my brothers, and he had a hard time getting the timing down.

But once I got used to it, its pretty fun. I think I'm in a pinball phase right now..but this game offers a nice variety to the standard pinball games. I almost wish Zen Studios or LittleWing will pick up on this type of pinball game and incorporate their "physics".

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this game. And just realized Prank Entertainment made Ant Raid..another fun, quality game!
Yeah, it's kinda weird at first, but the thing to keep in mind with the physics is that the board is essentially sloped with a hill in the center, which is why the ball slows in the middle and speeds up the closer it gets to an end.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjuro View Post
Game progress resets every time i open the app on ipad2. Always shows the quick battle 1p 2p screen.

Saving seems to work fine when I play it on iphone 4s. Both devices logged into the same gamecenter acct. Achievements are different depending in which device I use, even though it's the same gc acct.
I have the same problem, love the game but I won't be playing it until an update comes around...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Well I haven't yet bought this (waiting to see if table sharing gets added...that, IMO, is the whole point of user created levels), but I love both realistic pinball sims and fantasy tables. I guess you could further divide those categories into "it could be made" tables with arcade physics (some of the less over the top zen tables; ooo Gameprom titles, etc.) and completely out of this world pinball games (Zombie Pinball for example; tables with multiple "stages", etc). I also enjoyed real pinball when I had the money...just wasn't very good at it. And there aren't many places in the US with pinball tables nowadays anyway. Well, there aren't many arcades either.

I was a 90's table player anyway; the more chutes, coasters, etc. the better as far as I was concerned. I cut my teeth on tables like Elvira, Terminator 2, etc. In fact, the only twbles I really don't care for are the ones with a 2-dimensional field...in other words, bumpers and targets but no ramps, shoots, coasters, etc. 70's style I guess.
To be clear, I would say that Pinwar is neither of those things. It has flippers and balls, but it's not pinball. And the playing fields are incredibly simplistic. For example there's one where you have a field of pins like a pachinco machine. Just pins. And some targets you have to hit. You flip and flip and hope you succeed, because there's really no skill involved. Just keep flipping and hope for the best.

Then conversely you have ones where there is skill, but it is one simplistic thing. Hit the ball through a gap. You win. Or you don't.

Also the flipper physics are poor. Which was certainly true of older video pinball games too, but didn't need a comeback.

Last edited by crunc; 02-11-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Developer here

First of all: a big thank you to everyone here for finding and enjoying PinWar so much! We are especially happy that you understood the iAPs the way they were meant to be understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
How is it on touch 4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Strange runs quite nicely on my 3GS but know that sometimes happens with the iPod Touch 4 running with retina.
We unfortunately had to limit the physics iteration on some of the less powerful devices, which sometimes can result in the ball going through the flippers, if you use them against a quickly approaching ball. We know that this is a very uncomfortable issue, but rest assured, fixing this is on top of our list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Well I haven't yet bought this (waiting to see if table sharing gets added...that, IMO, is the whole point of user created levels)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR3NADE View Post
Talking about editor: yes, it's pretty awesome, they should add share+download button in update :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by oivoi View Post
I'd also like the option to share my levels with others as the editor is the place where I spend most my time when playing the game
We are currently investigating what would be the best way to implement a table sharing feature. We are not making any promises yet, except this one: if the table sharing feature gets implemented, the tables you make today will be able to be shared when the sharing feature is added. It is very likely that we will add this feature one way or the another, so make sure you have some good tables ready on the d-day

In the meanwhile, we are all ears if you have suggestions how you would prefer to see the table sharing being used? For example: should it just give a short ID text that you can post to your friends, or should there be a unified table sharing center with top rated tables, newest additions etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjuro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
I have the same problem, love the game but I won't be playing it until an update comes around...
genjuro and Aenea: we are really sorry to hear you've run into such issues! Can you please take a moment to answer these questions, which will help us identify the issue:

1) Do you have the same iCloud username enabled on both the devices? You mentioned same Game Center account, but we are curious to know if you have differention on the iCloud space.

2) Do you have the latest firmware installed on both devices?

3) Is your Game Center account logged into Sandbox environment in either of the devices? You can see this on the "Welcome back userName" prompt, which includes "*** Sandbox ***" text below your nickname, if it's in Sandbox environment.

4) Are you 100% sure that both devices are tethered to a functional internet connection?

5) Is either of your devices jailbroken?

Thanks!

Last edited by Prank Ltd.; 02-11-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prank Ltd. View Post

In the meanwhile, we are all ears if you have suggestions how you would prefer to see the table sharing being used? For example: should it just give a short ID text that you can post to your friends, or should there be a unified table sharing center with top rated tables, newest additions etc.?
Definitely, definitely Option 2!

Also thanks for stopping by. It's an awesome game and I can't wait for whatever you add in the future!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Option 2 for me too. Prefer to have filter options such as highest rated, most recent, oldest, most downloaded all time, most downloaded this week/month...etc.. But this may be a lot of work.

Maybe if each table is stored also using some unique id code, it could be always displayed as well, so people can share codes with friends and can manually add the codes without having to browse the list of user created tables.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Great concept and very fun gameplay! Some things I'd like changed: no developer splash screens, better performance on my iphone 4.