Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Come on people! Impressions! Like, before I am completely buried in snow and lose power!

FWIW, if Biggavelli truly is in Beantown, we might not be hearing from him for a minute. I'm in CT and we're getting POUNDED right now, and Boston is supposed to be getting it worse than us... I can only imagine based on what's going on outside my window right now...

DBC
Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Come on people! Impressions! Like, before I am completely buried in snow and lose power!

FWIW, if Biggavelli truly is in Beantown, we might not be hearing from him for a minute. I'm in CT and we're getting POUNDED right now, and Boston is supposed to be getting it worse than us... I can only imagine based on what's going on outside my window right now...

DBC
The sun will come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun.....tomorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're only a day away!
You're welcome!

Last edited by Capricornman; 02-08-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Really am in Boston (not a surrounding city or town).Theres a TON of snow outside my window.Anyway, as for Battle Universe right out the gate the load time is incredible long and the color is bad.Color looks faded and washout.I had a hard time getting past these two issues.The characters attacks are the best part of game, they do some intense attacks but the looks of the game subtract from that positive aspect.Appeciate the code but as is I cant recommend.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Really am in Boston (not a surrounding city or town).Theres a TON of snow outside my window.Anyway, as for Battle Universe right out the gate the load time is incredible long and the color is bad.Color looks faded and washout.I had a hard time getting past these two issues.The characters attacks are the best part of game, they do some intense attacks but the looks of the game subtract from that positive aspect.Appeciate the code but as is I cant recommend.
Just woke up... Oh my God. This easily matches (although my Alaskan friends won't like hearing it) the worst storms I saw in Alaska.

ALL CT roads are closed per the Governor. I'm looking at least 3 feet of snow without fear of exaggeration... and then the drifts. Whoa.

Unbelievable.

Sorry for the o-t, but yeah, this is pretty amazing.

/off-topic

DBC
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Ok... i guess it still didnt improve much from when it first came out. Thanks for the imps.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
These are my impressions as well..I find the tutorial a bit annoying as the text occupies the whole screen while in battle..The vision for a behind the back fighting game that has touch controls is ambitious,I'll give it that much..The controls are not as intuitive as I hoped for,it feels clunky..Performing the moves are difficult to achieve..
Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

well, i'm sorry you don't like the colours, but that was a design decision on the art-style to make the game much more colourful & brighter, much like 'pitfall'. seeing as its a common complaint that unreal engine games are too dark and depressin

as for the colours, they will be improved, thanks. I might even add strippers that bring you breakfast.

I will definatley look into the load times though

here's an quick off screen gameplay vid i made for those looking to get the game or actually see it in action:

Youtube link | Pop Up

its being played on a dev build in this video, so the itunes version is slightly better.

storm looks bad, keep safe people!

Last edited by BadBotGames; 02-09-2013 at 02:08 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Why I love living in the south. Might have had one day below 40. For the Super Bowl it was pure sun and 72. No idea how people live in areas where it's 20-36 for most of the winter, shoveling snow nonstop, and the worst is the sun so low to the horizon. Snow is beautiful for a day after that its a huge burden.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
These are my impressions as well..I find the tutorial a bit annoying as the text occupies the whole screen while in battle..The vision for a behind the back fighting game that has touch controls is ambitious,I'll give it that much..The controls are not as intuitive as I hoped for,it feels clunky..Performing the moves are difficult to achieve..
Thanks for the feedback, Although the gameplay & mechanics are unique, The tutorial is not much different from all other games on the app store in the same genre. (IB etc)

the game gets harder as you progress so you can basically repeatedly tap the screen to win your first fight, but as it goes on the ai gets more intelligent and your moves will actually be countered or blocked and start to require skill to pull off.

Its very much a traditional fighting game in that sense, the more you play the better you get. Try using endless mode as its a good way to get better fast.

All the moves are basically tapping the screen to attack/use powers which is easily registered by the unreal engine or pressing buttons to use boosters/special moves

Everyone so far seems to really enjoy it without any problems,
But if you guys are referring to the swipe-to-move or animation responsiveness ill get that updated,

Although im new to the development scene I‘ll keep updating this & all future games to make sure they‘re as polished as can be before and during release!

Once again thanks, and enjoy!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The dev asked for impressions. Here are mine:

The Good:
Epic theme pitting super-powered beings against one another
Uniquely angled views during battles
Unusual array of characters

The Bad:
Start up load time and cut scenes take way too long
Game froze on my non-jailbroken iPad 2 (OS 6.1 with 10 GB of space available) during tutorial
Swipe-recognition seemed clunky (Tried swiping at different speeds)

While I appreciate the hard work put into the game, it is difficult to recommend in its current state. Hopefully, future builds will improve upon the aspects noted above.