Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Any chance you'll be adding extra game Centre achievements?
Yes, a bunch of new ones for Player Manager mode amongst others.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hi Elton, I want to buy your game because it's great for a dollar only and it reminds me of an old soccer game I played when I was a kid; but there's a thing that I'd like to ask: is it possible to fix the slowdown on older devices? When I play on my ipod 4 the game runs fine, but when I play on my iphone 3G, I experience slowdown. Not lag at all, just seems that I'm watching a slow-motion film. Can this be fixed in an update? Because my old phone runs PES12 just fine with a little lag, so it shouldn't be a problem considering the graphics of this game, I think. I know you can say: just play it on your Ipod, but I use the phone much more than the Ipod, and when I go to school I only take the phone with me.
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _syd View Post
Hi Elton, I want to buy your game because it's great for a dollar only and it reminds me of an old soccer game I played when I was a kid; but there's a thing that I'd like to ask: is it possible to fix the slowdown on older devices? When I play on my ipod 4 the game runs fine, but when I play on my iphone 3G, I experience slowdown. Not lag at all, just seems that I'm watching a slow-motion film. Can this be fixed in an update? Because my old phone runs PES12 just fine with a little lag, so it shouldn't be a problem considering the graphics of this game, I think. I know you can say: just play it on your Ipod, but I use the phone much more than the Ipod, and when I go to school I only take the phone with me.
Thanks in advance!
This is something I will look into. When I first wrote the Soccer Champs engine it ran fine on iPod Touch Gen 1, so should really be fine on a 3G iPhone. I will retest it, although I'm not sure I can support iOS versions old enough for the iPhone 3G with a new update? What OS version do you have on your phone?

Last edited by Uprising Elton; 01-07-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising Elton View Post
This is something I will look into. When I first wrote the Soccer Champs engine it ran fine on iPod Touch Gen 1, so should really be fine on a 3G iPhone. I will retest it, although I'm not sure I can support iOS versions old enough for the iPhone 3G with a new update? What OS version do you have on your phone?
I have the latest iOS I could have- 4.2.1.
Well the game runs fine, but this slowdown is really bad, and I can see it when the players go on the field... I hope this is fixable!
If the next version doesn't support it (if it requires 4.3 and up) please let me know, thank you!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _syd View Post
I have the latest iOS I could have- 4.2.1.
That's going to be fine.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:56 AM

V1.5 is now with Apple, here's a few shots including some Player Manager mode screens. Movies of the faster and further improved gameplay to follow..

Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Looks great to me! The only things I think you could add now are further leagues. It would be great to take a 4th tier English side all the way to the Premiership & Europe!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM

I would love to do that steviebwoy!

Right now there's England Premier, England 2nd, Scotland, Spain, Italy, Japan and China leagues, which gives some room for changing jobs and reaching the top teams gradually. There's promotion among English Premier and 2nd Tier, with an achievement for promotion. (and each championship)

It takes an unbelievable amount of time to source the information and set them up myself, and the information I can find is not always accurate (plus I don't have personal knowledge of how good teams / players are, but I've done my best)

I would love to open up the player database via our website at some point in future, and let the community add and update players and set up the teams.
If I can simplify things and then open it up for users, I'd love to get 4 tiers of English, 2 of Scotland, France, Italy and Spain, Germany etc.. The list goes on!

Player Manger is free to try for 6 games to decide if you want to pay the 69p for unlocking full (like new Star did)
I've got rid of the coins system and now you get ALL the retro tournaments, ALL the leagues (as single tournaments without management stuff) and full access to Player Manager mode with the 1 unlock.

(and the team editor, various new pitch graphics, and the ability to use any team online or in friendlies. You can now also pit teams across tournaments against each other in friendlies too, so you can put England 1966 up against West Germany 1990 and see if they can do better, or take down Maradona's 86 Argentina with Stoke City!)

EDIT:- Anyone with the existing version who has unlocked, will of course get Player Manager mode with no further purchase.
Anyone with the existing Free install who has earned or bought coins will get all the tournaments for free for sticking with it, but will have to unlock to get Player Manager mode.
New users will get a bit less stuff for free, but hopefully they'll see the value of unlocking!

Last edited by Uprising Elton; 02-11-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Elton, if research is your only issue then I'll gladly help form the two extra English divisions for you if you like? Also, the SWOS database is pretty up to date I think?

Edit: I've just downloaded the latest database for SWOS which is from the start of this season. I'd happily send you screenshots of every team if you like? It will show every player, their nationality, position etc along with their overall stats as well as individual stats (speed/passing/shooting/heading etc). Would that be of use? Of course, being Sensible World of Soccer, I can send over screen grabs for pretty much every team in the world! Let me know if you're interested..

Even better would be some way of converting these files (they're just .dat datafiles) so that you could just import them directly into SSC.

Last edited by steviebwoy; 02-11-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Hi again. Not sure legally I can pinch someone else's team data work, but it would be interesting to write an importer for SWOS team data that anyone could use. (although I'd have to cater for attributes being different and probably having different effects in game)

Another idea I've had for a while is to put a pc program on my website that allows SSC team data to be authored by anyone and submitted to us. That way any interested people could do any teams they wanted and the team sets and supported leagues could grow gradually. I'll have a look at both ideas...

Last edited by Uprising Elton; 02-11-2013 at 01:46 PM..