Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM
okeedokeben okeedokeben is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati, USA
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
I'd love to have a code!
Absolutely! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 PM
cpn pixel cpn pixel is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Default

I think the difficulty really depends on how you see your app and how the market responds. Maybe you should take a look at the analytics for your app; where people tend to quit/uninstall etc? If that's not an option, take a look at other similar apps with AppAnnie or something to get a idea of sales.
Or just see how people respond here
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM
okeedokeben okeedokeben is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati, USA
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpn pixel View Post
I think the difficulty really depends on how you see your app and how the market responds. Maybe you should take a look at the analytics for your app; where people tend to quit/uninstall etc? If that's not an option, take a look at other similar apps with AppAnnie or something to get a idea of sales.
Or just see how people respond here
Right, that's kind of what I was hoping - to get a feel of what people think, here and elsewhere. I went the free + one-time IAP route out of curiosity. I thought having a free app would help visibility, since I have no budget for marketing. I also was thinking that I love when games have a playable demo (i.e. XBLA) that is easily upgradable to the full version. The separate free/lite app and paid app model always irritated me, but it might be worth trying, since other developers seem to find success with it.

I totally went on a tangent there. Sorry about that.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 AM
francescoted95 francescoted95 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

I like this app Can i have One code?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 AM
quickninja21 quickninja21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Default

At first glance, my first thought was, another music game? Then I downloaded it any way and it is probuably the ONLY ORIGINAL music/rhythm game out there. It has earned a special place on my iPod, so this is basically saying I would love to have a code!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 AM
cpn pixel cpn pixel is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Played a little more, so a few more ideas.

UI:
Switch metronome colours to denote guidance/player turn (helpful when returning from a pause and trying to remember where you are).

New Beat Earned
Not immediately obvious what this is.
Make this clickable (presume its for the Jam/Create? If so, could provide info and link to IAP).
Edit: explained in tutorial, but doesn't hurt to have a little extra info.

Marketing wise, you could try teaming up with some indie musicians; they put tunes on your game, you advertise them in your app. If you sell individual songs/song packs you could revenue share too. Maybe it's to showcase your own music, in which case the IAP would be gravy and you just want as many eyeballs on your app as possible.

Last edited by cpn pixel; 02-12-2013 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: removed something already said.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
okeedokeben okeedokeben is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati, USA
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescoted95 View Post
I like this app Can i have One code?
Definitely! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM
okeedokeben okeedokeben is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati, USA
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickninja21 View Post
At first glance, my first thought was, another music game? Then I downloaded it any way and it is probuably the ONLY ORIGINAL music/rhythm game out there. It has earned a special place on my iPod, so this is basically saying I would love to have a code!
Thanks! Can I quote you on that?

And I know the easiest way to describe it to someone is to mention Simon, but I hate associating it with that, because a) there are a million Simon clones in the app store and b) Simon bores me to tears.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
mrbiggles mrbiggles is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,562
Default

would a code please?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 AM
okeedokeben okeedokeben is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati, USA
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpn pixel View Post
Played a little more, so a few more ideas.

UI:
Switch metronome colours to denote guidance/player turn (helpful when returning from a pause and trying to remember where you are).

New Beat Earned
Not immediately obvious what this is.
Make this clickable (presume its for the Jam/Create? If so, could provide info and link to IAP).
Edit: explained in tutorial, but doesn't hurt to have a little extra info.

Marketing wise, you could try teaming up with some indie musicians; they put tunes on your game, you advertise them in your app. If you sell individual songs/song packs you could revenue share too. Maybe it's to showcase your own music, in which case the IAP would be gravy and you just want as many eyeballs on your app as possible.
Thanks for taking the time to do this! Did you catch that the metronome is in a different location for the computer/player turns? It's really subtle, but it may need to be more pronounced.

Yeah, the beats are like the stars in most games, and each difficulty tier is unlocked based on how many you have. I tried to keep it as simple as possible, but that's probably not explained very well.

I love the idea of having song packs by indie musicians. I'll look into that further. I hesitate to do any other IAP. I'm personally opposed to that kind of model - I'd rather just keep updating with new stuff (if I can afford to do so).
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent