★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

02-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroCst View Post
Now you are ready to answer my question: is EA a small or a big company?
Here's an answer for ya.
EA is a big name company.
Firemint (one half of Firemonkeys) was not, they were an independent Australian based studio.

Do you really think they could have survived on their own as an independent and managed to continue to make games of the quality they do?

Pointless as answering your question is, as you are only focusing on one very specific element of his point in order to justify your own, that should be answer enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
exactly! that 2133 guy is confused...
No, his not. His simply living in the real world.
And there's little point in attempting to denigrate another poster simply because he doesn't share your views.
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Here's an answer for ya.
EA is a big name company.
Firemint (one half of Firemonkeys) was not, they were an independent Australian based studio.

Do you really think they could have survived on their own as an independent and managed to continue to make games of the quality they do?

Pointless as answering your question is, as you are only focusing on one very specific element of his point in order to justify your own, that should be answer enough.

No, his not. His simply living in the real world.
And there's little point in attempting to denigrate another poster simply because he doesn't share your views.
What are you talking about ???? Firemint, the makers of Flight Control and Real Racing, in your opinion were dying as a company???? Hey, how is the weather on the Moon, amigo? Seriously, i don't think you are a part of IOS community. Take your views to Android people. I can afford good $10 game. So can 80% of others here. But now - i won't pay a cent. Ever. How is that a success? They've achieved what? The truth is, when EA takes over - you are pretty much screwed. Their business model is flawed.

Last edited by PraetorianX; 02-12-2013 at 09:18 AM.

02-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
What are you talking about ???? Firemint, the makers of Flight Control and Real Racing, in your flawed opinion were dying as a company???? Hey, how is the weather on the Moon, amigo? Seriously, i don't think you are a part of IOS community. Take your views to Android people. I can afford good $10 game. So can 80% of others here. Period.
02-12-2013, 09:20 AM
02-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
What are you talking about ???? Firemint, the makers of Flight Control and Real Racing, in your opinion were dying as a company???? Hey, how is the weather on the Moon, amigo? Seriously, i don't think you are a part of IOS community. Take your views to Android people. I can afford good $10 game. So can 80% of others here. But now - i won't pay a cent. Ever. How is that a success? They've achieved what? The truth is, when EA takes over - you are pretty much screwed. Their business model is flawed.
And yet again you completely misinterpret what I post.
I never said they were dying as a company. I asked a question as to their long term viability in relation to development cost and market uptake of the product while still an independent and selling at premium price point.
I'm out now in relation to you now as you're not even making any kind of reasonable counter point merely attacking those that don't share your view.

Android users can afford a good game as well. Its not the schoolyard where youre argument is my dad is bigger than you're dad. Part of the iOS community? What is that exactly?
If you mean someone who has owned every iOS device ever produced from day one, I think I qualify. I've an iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5, MacBook Pro retina and an iMac at the moment. Is that Apple enough for ya?
02-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Don't forget each view you pick cost 5 bucks and theirs 30 choices like moon veiew,your house view and not to mention camera view from a camera ( my fav) lol
02-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
And yet again you completely misinterpret what I post.
I never said they were dying as a company. I asked a question as to their long term viability in relation to development cost and market uptake of the product while still an independent and selling at premium price point.
I'm out now in relation to you now as you're not even making any kind of reasonable counter point merely attacking those that don't share your view.

Android users can afford a good game as well. Its not the schoolyard where youre argument is my dad is bigger than you're dad. Part of the iOS community? What is that exactly?
If you mean someone who has owned every iOS device ever produced from day one, I think I qualify. I've an iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5, MacBook Pro retina and an iMac at the moment. Is that Apple enough for ya?
ROFL, yes, that's enough Apple for me. I was referring to a gaming community) Anyway, tell me, percentage wise, how many people will buy IAP's in RR3??? Watch that studio slowly collapse after this game. They will proly walk away from EA in a year, and make a big announcement on their next game True Racing (since Ea owns Real)

That is IF IAP's are implemented wrong.

Last edited by PraetorianX; 02-12-2013 at 09:47 AM.
02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
ROFL, yes, that's enough Apple for me. I was referring to a gaming community) Anyway, tell me, percentage wise, how many people will buy IAP's in RR3??? Watch that studio slowly collapse after this game. They will proly walk away from EA in a year, and make a big announcement on their next game True Racing (since Ea owns Real)
Watch that studio rake in shitloads of cash, and other ones follow are or are already doing so.

Watch
02-12-2013, 09:46 AM
All you have to do is look at the top grossing games. They are free-to-play. That's what's making the most money. Enough people are paying for IAPs to make it work, and work well.
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
This game became the more realistic race sim, ever exist on earth. Now you have to pay for every scratch and broken light like your real life car... And of course you have to wait for the repairs like when you re going your real car for service and waiting to take it. The concept is brilliant........... just not for a game...