★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
And if $9.99 gives you the first car in each class, some upgrades and gold coin for repairs, well isn't that you're premium price right there? Doesn't that specifically negate all the negativity you guys are throwing at Firemonkeys, EA and Real Racing 3?
That depends entirely on how many repairs you can get from said gold coins.
I'm terrible at racing games, love them, but not very good at them, and I crash a lot and damage cars all the time in them.

If I pay 10 bucks for an IAP, I wouldn't like it when 20 game sessions down the road, I'm back at having to wait for a car to be delivered or a repairment to be done to my car.
And I'll bet that'll be the case, sooner or later, 'cause that's the way consumable IAP's works.

After a while, you'll have to cough up again, and that just sucks.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,697
I supposed asking everyone to calm down and wait for the 28th is unreasonable? Honestly the pay scheme seems very fair to me.

Obviously I'd prefer it be paid, but hey, this is a far cry from CSR.

02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
That depends entirely on how many repairs you can get from said gold coins.
I'm terrible at racing games, love them, but not very good at them, and I crash a lot and damage cars all the time in them.

If I pay 10 bucks for an IAP, I wouldn't like it when 20 game sessions down the road, I'm back at having to wait for a car to be delivered or a repairment to be done to my car.
And I'll bet that'll be the case, sooner or later, 'cause that's the way consumable IAP's works.

After a while, you'll have to cough up again, and that just sucks.
Okay, you make a very reasonable point.
I also would like to know how many gold coins we will get for that.
I do know we will get varying amounts for levelling up also while playing the game but again its unknown to what degree.
Unfortunately, we will have to wait and see what it amounts to until release.
But I'm cautiously optimistic that I will have enough at the 9.99 price point and from levelling up.
What you say is indeed a key point though.
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
That depends entirely on how many repairs you can get from said gold coins.
I'm terrible at racing games, love them, but not very good at them, and I crash a lot and damage cars all the time in them.

If I pay 10 bucks for an IAP, I wouldn't like it when 20 game sessions down the road, I'm back at having to wait for a car to be delivered or a repairment to be done to my car.
And I'll bet that'll be the case, sooner or later, 'cause that's the way consumable IAP's works.

After a while, you'll have to cough up again, and that just sucks.
THIS! It's nothing permanent. And this destroys everything for the gamer. And makes the dev (and more so the publisher) swim in money from all the poor addicts out there. TA staff can defend this title as much as they want. The facts about how their IAP will work are spilled. And 1+1 simply is an easy equation for anyone with a bit of brain. Can't wait to see how they'll defend it when the game is finally out. They will find a way

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
02-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
TA staff can defend this title as much as they want.
All I'm defending is the use of logic, reason, and maybe a bit of Occam's Razor that there's absolutely no reason for people to go this far off the handle for a game that isn't even out yet that they haven't played. If RR3 is released and it's the most abusive F2P ever, then sure, go nuts. But, for now, this is just one massive anger-filled circle jerk rallying around the tired "Rah rah we hate freemium" while posting in other threads about how they can't wait for a game to go on sale (or free).

In other words, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkins..._of_triviality
02-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Boycott + kill yourself

I'm gonna take RR2 without giving you any cents
02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 451
Real Raging 3 - BY Electronic Argh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	53180  
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 5,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan't Ponic View Post
Real Raging 3 - BY Electronic Argh
Good one.
02-12-2013, 09:10 PM
We all know why iap is becoming popular dont we... Theft. Developers need to earn a paycheck like everyone else.
02-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew-13 View Post
It saddens me that someone who appears to be a senior member of this site is saying this. Just ridiculous.
Well then this one is really going to depress you as its an administrator expressing a similar sentiment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
You realize that this is likely going to be balanced exactly like most other good free to play games in that $10-15 worth of IAP will have you on cruise control well into the time it'd take for you to get bored with the game, yeah?