★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Favorite "expensive" iOS game

02-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Favorite "expensive" iOS game

I have arrived somewhat late to iOS gaming. Prior to getting my iPhone last October I did all my gaming on a psp or ds (obviously I enjoy mobile gaming). Being used to mainly psp gaming I was surprised by iOS pricing structure, which seemed to relate anything over $1 as expensive.
I am interested in what people's favorite "expensive" iOS game is. I recently bought Starbase Orion for $7.99. I was impressed that the dev stated it would not go free, and has had no sales after the intro sale, which was over a year ago. The game is phenomenal, and I wouldn't have batted an eye at paying over twice the price for a similar game on the psp.
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionrpg8000 View Post
I have arrived somewhat late to iOS gaming. Prior to getting my iPhone last October I did all my gaming on a psp or ds (obviously I enjoy mobile gaming). Being used to mainly psp gaming I was surprised by iOS pricing structure, which seemed to relate anything over $1 as expensive.
I am interested in what people's favorite "expensive" iOS game is. I recently bought Starbase Orion for $7.99. I was impressed that the dev stated it would not go free, and has had no sales after the intro sale, which was over a year ago. The game is phenomenal, and I wouldn't have batted an eye at paying over twice the price for a similar game on the psp.
He has created a "lite" version

Mine was choas ring one and omega

Even though they been done before just playing a RPG on a handheld device that's not a psp is crazy

02-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Hmmm... Smurf Village. Invested like $1.200 or something in Smurf Berries.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
02-16-2013, 02:18 PM
The World Ends With You.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
The World En...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
The World Ends With You.
I like you.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
02-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Final Fantasy Dimensions
That game looks so intriguing to me. It reminds me of a souped up version of FFV, which was my favorite classic FF. I love the job system. However, isn't the full game like $35? I found that expensive even on psp or ds.
02-16-2013, 02:36 PM
The Walking Dead. No contest.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionrpg8000 View Post
That game looks so intriguing to me. It reminds me of a souped up version of FFV, which was my favorite classic FF. I love the job system. However, isn't the full game like $35? I found that expensive even on psp or ds.
I agree it's hard to justify $35 for iOS Final Fantasy Dimensions. I got it for ~$17 during the Square Enix year end sale and it's a full blown retro jrpg with good entertainment value and a surprisingly strong script. Originally I picked it up on a whim and for completeist sale (being a FF game I hadn't played) but was unsure due to it's phone origins and it's one of my favorite iOS rpgs.

I haven't gotten around to The World Ends With You yet.

Both still miles better than freemium; I'd rather pay $35+ for quality.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-16-2013 at 03:54 PM.
02-16-2013, 03:37 PM
The Pinball Arcade,if that counts,it's one app but since you can buy just one table pack it's not per se very expensive . I own all tables making it the most expensive app i have.
Otherwise TWEWY.