Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
Any updates, fixes on the way? Haven't played for days because of stingy coin system. Needs fixing, overhauling and a good update to make it appealing. I can't recommend it to anyone in its current state but a good update could fix this game.
Once you get to Chapter 2 those coins drop like crazy. I'm not even at halfway of the game and I'm already making 1000++ coins per battle.

As mentioned by the devs the key to success is the activation of the glory system. Each level 2 glory gives me about 200++ coins now.

I have to admit that the game was quite hard on the mid section of Chapter 1. But once you get a hold of the combo system (4-hit combo is really easy to pull off with a bit of practice, and makes fairly decent charge-up towards your glory meter. Though with time the combo gets dull) AND a pair of swords (IMO it's overkill compared to lances and such) you shall be fine.

The game's production value is through the roof in terms of iOS gaming. I wish the story mode plays like IB 2 (with free movement like I, Gladiator) and a more forgiving currency system (some top tier stuffs can only be bought with the premium currency) but those did not stop me from enjoying the game.

Hopefully I, Gladiator 2 addresses those major issues and we will have a GOTY material

Last edited by drixz; 02-25-2013 at 05:47 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Why in the hell is what seems to be a freemium game be priced at 5 bucks anyway?
How is this a freemium game? It doesn't have a recharge timer nor weapon/armor repair timer

Last edited by drixz; 02-25-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Free promo code draw

Hi guys,

There is a free promo-code draw held on our facebook page.

Please go to www.facebook.com/IGladiatorGame to check it out!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drixz View Post
Once you get to Chapter 2 those coins drop like crazy. I'm not even at halfway of the game and I'm already making 1000++ coins per battle.

As mentioned by the devs the key to success is the activation of the glory system. Each level 2 glory gives me about 200++ coins now.

I have to admit that the game was quite hard on the mid section of Chapter 1. But once you get a hold of the combo system (4-hit combo is really easy to pull off with a bit of practice, and makes fairly decent charge-up towards your glory meter. Though with time the combo gets dull) AND a pair of swords (IMO it's overkill compared to lances and such) you shall be fine.

The game's production value is through the roof in terms of iOS gaming. I wish the story mode plays like IB 2 (with free movement like I, Gladiator) and a more forgiving currency system (some top tier stuffs can only be bought with the premium currency) but those did not stop me from enjoying the game.

Hopefully I, Gladiator 2 addresses those major issues and we will have a GOTY material
Don't anyone get me wrong. The gameplay, graphics, setting and immersion is both stunning and brilliant. I really think that this could have been a GOTY contender except for being too centred on IAP. You can play and have great fun but it gets to the point where you have to pay on top of the premium price to advance unless you're very, very good. But it's a terrific game. Only if the dev was a little less stingy with coin drops but not to make it too easy however the balance pushes average players to IAP so I think coin drops could be much more generous. It's still not too late but this needs fixing quickly otherwise the game will die out.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
Hmm, a walk through for a level, perhaps? Level 10 maybe...?
OK, if you want some spoilers we have them for you

Advice #1, universal (would do you well on any level. Do master combo more often. Try to do at least a master combo with 4 hits, which is the easiest to do, but it gives you FOUR times the damage output on the last hit.
How to do it - look into the help.
1st hit - diagonal from top right to bottom low,
2nd hit - diagonal from top left to bottom right,
3rd hit - from top down
4th hit - from top down again

Advice #2. When entering second room try to activate the fire trap asap. Good chance is that fat guy is at the trap at this moment. More important than damage he gets is that he drops a great mace - battle hammer with 230 damage and Breton shield. Get them leaving him helpless.

Advice #3. When getting up into the 3-rd room, instead of attacking thin guy who comes to you, run to the fat one who is busy fighting his standard opponnent and do a couple of master strikes at his back while he is busy. This also adds to the lifespan of a standard guy who would keep hitting the fat one giving us help.

Guys. the game is NOT a simple swipper. Try to work out strategy for every level. This is how it was designed. Hope you enjoy your hard earned victory!!!

Last edited by Tiferet; 02-26-2013 at 03:49 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet View Post
Hi, guys! We are about to do the next set of help videos, any specifics you want to see covered at priority? Let us know!
I'm trying to give you a fair go. I bought a couple of IAP to support your work but the Big Fish promotion didn't work. I bought 1 of the 6 games and am a new member but never received my 340 gold. I can't do anymore. I would greatly appreciate this being fixed. The game is great but things like this depend on support so I hope this can be fixed. I sent you an email over 2 weeks ago from your support site and never got a reply. I bough a Big Fish game exactly according to your instructions and I'm out of pocket and no 340 gold as promised. Everything is in good faith so please rectify this.

Last edited by worldcitizen1919; 02-26-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Hi, guys! We are about to do the next set of help videos, any specifics you want to see covered at priority? Let us know!
How do we go about earning GOLD? I noticed that some times I get awarded 3 gold, other times none - does it get awarded only when we complete a level for the first time?

Also, perhaps the advantages and weaknesses of swords+shield, dual wield, mace, spear?

Some UI suggestions:
1. Can we have some form of indication e.g. a glow on the dropped weapon icon (same as how the shield glow works), to see if it's better than our current weapon. Many times I pick up a weapon, not knowing if it's more powerful than my current weapon, have to attack the enemy 1-2 times to find out.

2. Can the laurel achievements for each level be the opening 'frame' so we can equip accordingly i.e. right now, it's TIP, TIP, LAURELS (loading), would suggest it to be the first two frames so we can change our weapon set up before it starts to load.

Lastly, thanks to your customer service guy for resolving my crash issues!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
I'm trying to give you a fair go. I bought a couple of IAP to support your work but the Big Fish promotion didn't work. I bought 1 of the 6 games and am a new member but never received my 340 gold. I can't do anymore. I would greatly appreciate this being fixed. The game is great but things like this depend on support so I hope this can be fixed. I sent you an email over 2 weeks ago from your support site and never got a reply. I bough a Big Fish game exactly according to your instructions and I'm out of pocket and no 340 gold as promised. Everything is in good faith so please rectify this.
I have NO IDEA what are you talking about. We dont have any promotions with Big Fish and never gave any instructions for anything like it. We answer all mails that came to our support site, in fact, it is very useful and have to admit that a bug surfaced that we had fixed in upcoming update. Anyone who wants to communicate with us always gets an answer.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I have NO IDEA what are you talking about. We dont have any promotions with Big Fish and never gave any instructions for anything like it. We answer all mails that came to our support site, in fact, it is very useful and have to admit that a bug surfaced that we had fixed in upcoming update. Anyone who wants to communicate with us always gets an answer.
I have to agree i have contact your support site like 3 times for some feedback and always i get a responce like 30 min to 2 hours maybe sometimes a little more but their is a huge different time zone from where i am to russia

As well i dont know what big fish promotion is that i dont even see that in the tapjoy offerts
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 AM

Big Fish promotions are quite common with Tapjoy from what I've seen.