Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The PC Version is 10 bucks, and I believe the full version coming later this year was slightly more when I checked the pre-order.

If impressions are good and the stories are well told, I'd probably go up to 5 bucks. I'd get it now for a buck or so on the PC via that indie bundle, if I cared to play it on the computer. But my PC isn't in the greatest location (it's hardly used, just mainly a media server).

Just a shame they had to split it up. DUnno why they wouldn't just release it as "Talisman" and then put the "original" game in via IAP or something. That way wouldn't be two separate apps installed.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I've also got the PC version that I bought directly from the Talisman guys around Thanksgiving of last year. I assume the iPad version will be more or less identical. It certainly looks the part - the art comes straight from the 4th edition revision of the board game so it looks fantastic.

The single player campaign/quests are surprisingly engaging - having only experienced the standard multiplayer game, many of the ideas for single player quests work pretty well. Sure, I wish it had multiplayer out the gate, but they did a fairly commendable job creating an engaging single player experience.

Of course, that all boils down to how much you care for Talisman. It's definitely a love it or hate it kind of game. For me, it's always been a beer and pretzels type game you spend playing with some friends that don't take things too seriously on a rainy weekend afternoon. You're very much at the mercy of the dice, and often things go as much in your favor as they don't. Frustration (or comedy, depending on your perspective) is frequent, due to never being able to land on just that one space you need to proceed. If you're more of a skill over luck person, you'll probably hate this game. But if you have any interest in the game at all, I'd definitely suggest checking it out if the price is right (and the port pretty much matches the one on PC).

I'll be interested in seeing how they implement multiplayer in the future - playing the physical game in real time with a small group of 4 or 5 people can often take 5 hours easily (re-roll->move->re-roll->move-ad infinitum). That kind of thing doesn't translate well to our 30 second play your turn mentality with today's electronic devices. An Async game could literally take months to complete
Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Anyone know how much this is going to cost? If Im Counting right that's three yes three gamesworkshop games coming for iOS this year (space hulk, warhammer quest and this)
It's going to be a great year
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I will be picking this up day one no matter the price. I still play Dungeons & Dice regularly, so I can't wait for the official release of "Talisman".
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Anyone know how much this is going to cost? If Im Counting right that's three yes three gamesworkshop games coming for iOS this year (space hulk, warhammer quest and this)
It's going to be a great year
What is Warhammer Quest? Space Hulk set in the Warhammer Fantasy Battles universe?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
What is Warhammer Quest? Space Hulk set in the Warhammer Fantasy Battles universe?
Pretty much yeah. Check out the board game version online and you'll see its the same kind of setup.
And it's being made by the guys who did the hunters 1&2 games so it should be brilliant.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Really looking forward to this.

I remember back in the early 80's having this boardgame (Damn i wish i could find it at my parents, would be straight on ebay !), with the arrival of home computers in the early 80's more and more friends stopped playing board games BUT i did love Talisman and played this a lot.

I'll be getting this the second it hits the app store, looking forward to it
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
I will be picking this up day one no matter the price. I still play Dungeons & Dice regularly, so I can't wait for the official release of "Talisman".
Ditto. Never played this, ever, as I was never into board games as a kid (not for a lack of desire, but a lack of 'support' in my family) so I'm making up for lost time. This looks so stupidly good that they could charge me a testicle and I would happily give it up.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
This looks so stupidly good that they could charge me a testicle and I would happily give it up.
Oh man this is so nearly sig worth
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Oh man this is so nearly sig worth
Ah damn! So close. That's what I get for only using one testicle.

Why isn't it tomorrow already? =\