★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenit View Post
You're welcome. Sorry it took so long to release.

Jan/Recoil Games
Thanks to you!
02-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetalis View Post
Also missing the Jay Runner achievement
Yes, Jay Runner was removed from the game, because the intended pun / homage was watered down during the development. We will most likely put it back because it ended up in the Game Center.

Jan / Recoil Games

02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Another disappointing review from TA.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/02/20/ro...ng-term-hooks/
I like this game a lot and am still playing it after a good week, but I can see where they're coming from. I'd give it at least 3.5 - 4, but it's just not as good as Rayman Jungle Run. It's hard to put my finger on, but I think RJR just has more variety with scaling walls, etc. It also has less of a repetitive feel. Plus, I don't really like the upgrade system in Rock Runners.

Anyway, with that being said, Rock Runners is a very fun game and I definitely recommend it. I get bored of games very quickly but this one has stuck for awhile and I haven't bored with it yet. Whether I'll finish it like I did RJR is yet to be determined.

GC ID: Jibba Junior.
02-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Just wrapped up Crazy Caverns for 8:06.76. I disagree with TA's notion that the power-ups are useless when you get good enough. If you're trying to be the fastest, certain power-ups are a must for many zones. Of course, the time they can save you when used correctly are minimal, but so is the difference between ranks.

Last edited by Matt33; 02-20-2013 at 11:49 PM.
02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
One of my top runners, if not THE top. Love it. I would like to see some stats included in the game though. How long have I played, how far have I run, etc. Ya know?


Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
the TA review was too harsh for sure. There are not many games that i am still playing after a week / 2weeks on iOS unless they have a serious narrative element. Rock Runners keeps me coming back again and again.
02-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Ummm so something weird has happened. I opened the game today after going through world 1 last night, and all of my local progress has been reset. The game did keep my online(GC) data, though. For world 1, it says:
Matt and AIvin,

Please send me your config (iOS version, model(s) used, network type). I assume iCloud Documents & Data (global setting under Setting/iCloud) is enabled.

I have reproduced this bug once on iOS 6.1 and i think iCloud backup caused this. I've also had similar problems with a test build, but this was due to mismatching application identifiers (which prevented saving to the cloud).

Best,
Jan/Recoil Games
02-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRcl View Post
The update is available (v 1.0.3)
iPhone 3gs support
Yeah! Didn't even know this was coming!
02-22-2013, 08:55 PM
I have the same issue I was at world 3 with many achievements and suddenly I lost all my game progress with my game center achievements still there!
I'm using iOS 6 on iPhone 4
I think this happened cause I played once offline I'm not sure.
is there a way to get my progress back?
02-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffat View Post
I have the same issue I was at world 3 with many achievements and suddenly I lost all my game progress with my game center achievements still there!
I'm using iOS 6 on iPhone 4
I think this happened cause I played once offline I'm not sure.
is there a way to get my progress back?
We are very sorry for this. This problem never occurred during the development and testing but the live environment is quite different when compared to the developer's sandbox.

We have a fixed version under QA right now. We have rewritten the game state storage code. It may restore the state under certain circumstances, but not in case the iCloud has been functional but the local file is lost for some reason.

IOS6 seems to have changed the behavior of the iCloud storage such that the local file is not always there on the device (perhaps due to the iCloud backup). In this case the game assumes it does not exist, and creates a new profile and the data in the cloud will be overwritten. Unfortunately, restoring a single file from an iCloud backup is not possible.

In the forthcoming update, the game always stores the data internally and does iCloud writes automatically. Importing from the iCloud storage is always done by the user from the settings menu. This allows transfer between devices.

Jan / Recoil Games