★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Extended Discount 2.99 -> 1.99 !

No In-App Purchases, Free future updates, Pay Once Play Forever
Manga Art Style Action RPG based on Journey to the West
Comic Strip storytelling style filled with action and humour
Featuring 12 Original Composed Soundtracks

REVIEWS
http://pikigeek.com/2013/04/01/west-legends-review-what-a-journey-to-the-west/

http://www.appgamers.de/west-legends-reise-in-den-westen/

Support all iPads models and generation 4 iPod/iPhone devices or later models

YouTube Trailer:
http://tinyurl.com/b2hy66g

OVERVIEW:

Adventure onward! Play a party of up to four unique characters with their own wide variety of weapons, armour, accessories and unique skills as they level up by battling waves of monsters in real time. Players will have to tactfully mix and match the varied skills of their characters to control the battlefield and defeat hordes of enemies and gigantic bosses. Loosely based on the famous Chinese classic novel Journey to the West, players will venture onward through treacherous landscapes filled with hostile monsters to find the ultimate adventure. Victory is yours!

FEATURES:

Hundreds of hand drawn high resolution animation frames in manga art style designed for retina display and iPad

Choose from over 100+ weapons, swords, items, spells, armor, gear and loot for deep levels of customization

Traverse across 4 distinct worlds; through desert wastelands, lush forests, erupting volcano lands and ancient cities

Fight Boss characters and enlist 3 of them to your party

Mix and match the active and passive skills to control the battles: Damage all nearby enemies with Gokus Wind and Fire Spin, Stun them with Pigsys Love Charm or simply heal allies with Sanzos Phoenix Aura

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/axionlogicgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/axionlogic

chaos_envoys's comments:

Gamesize 154mb, price $2.99
02-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Another one of those i was waiting on. I wish time was faster!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
^^^^^^^
Right

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
02-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Wow! So is this like a more cartoony style saiyuki

with battleheart mechanics?....man I'm enticed....4 inch screen optimized? How about IAP?

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
02-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It's a great game. Its take the battle heart formula to a manga style. Leveling up so far is quick and there's alot of skills
have you downloaded it? mine is still downloading and I'll post my impressions later

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android
02-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Haha i actually owned saiyuki!!! Back in the early 2000's...man i wish they would come out with ogre battle or tactics ogre on the iphone or ipad. I would gladly pay $5-$10 for those games
02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Wow! So is this like a more cartoony style saiyuki

with battleheart mechanics?....man I'm enticed....4 inch screen optimized? How about IAP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconfusedkender View Post
Haha i actually owned saiyuki!!! Back in the early 2000's...man i wish they would come out with ogre battle or tactics ogre on the iphone or ipad. I would gladly pay $5-$10 for those games
me too!! really enjoyed saiyuki back then!! the moment sun go kong enters raging monkey mode is so satisfiying!!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
?

So is there only 4 classes to choose from, or is there even classes? Is there loot that is equippable and changes your appearances?
02-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Game Impressions

After playing the first stages, this game is actually quite good. What I love the most is the graphics. I'm loving the manga style art. The battle mechanics don't stray too far from battleheart.. In fact, they are actually similliar, but the manga style add a nice touch to this.. There is 4 equipment you can equip to one character at a time, 1 slot for weapon, 1 for armor, and 2 for accesories and you can buy the equipment at the store or by receiving them as battle reward.. Sadly, this equip only changing stats and don't change the character appearance.. You start off with 3 characters and you'll requit additional characters by defeating boss characters.. The difficulty of this game is average and money drop is generous.. I'm only at the first boss so I don't know what kind of character you can get.. One more great thing is there is no iaps at all!!

02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Is there anything that differentiates this game from Battleheart, other than the art style? If the classes of the characters you unlock play differently enough, I'd be interested-- but I think I'll wait on further impressions before committing.