Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2013, 04:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Anyone else have problems getting enough coins? Even with my highscore I only collected 26 coins oO and am I the only one who played more then 30 runs but only conpleted 3 missions? The missions are too hard at the beginning imo. 250 coins in one run, I don't know how long it takes to get this mission even with the magnet
Don't know what to think about this game..

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 02-21-2013 at 04:55 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 05:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Anyone else have problems getting enough coins? Even with my highscore I only collected 26 coins oO and am I the only one who played more then 30 runs but only conpleted 3 missions? The missions are too hard at the beginning imo. 250 coins in one run, I don't know how long it takes to get this mission even with the magnet
Don't know what to think about this game..
Same. The coins certainly are very rare. Im disappointed about this.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm not an endless kinda guy. I'm really rather finite. But I'm actually enjoying this. It probably places just second to the few runners I've truly enjoyed (Punch Quest and Don't Run With A Plasma Sword to a greater extent, and One Epic Knight, Time Surfer and that jetpack dude to a lesser).

Not only does the car customization soon become kinda satisfying (and possibly addictive. Plus, you can jury-rig some pretty twisted and cool vehicles)), but the platforming feel is very nice. The actual driving is also rather varied, with different environmental factors, hazards and opportunities (stuff that will hurt you, stuff that you can jump and bounce and flip off, stuff that will boost your speed), and many different routes to take and less accessible areas to reach. The graphics are colorful and nice, and the audio is entertaining.

But most of all, the combat is kinda fun and twitch-y, in spite of its simplicity. You will have do jump and bounce about constantly to avoid bombs and shots from other cars, and in order to align your own weapon with the enemies. You can also make use of the environment to gain the upper hand, whether it is to outrun your pursuers, slow down in order to attack them from the rear, or just to crash down on them from above. All together, this can lead to some rather furious and fun duels.

Contrary to other posts in this thread, I'd say that the IAP implementation also seems uncommonly generous, and I doubt there is a need for coin doublers but for the most impatient (though buy them anyways, to support the devs). Scraping together a thousand coins takes but minutes (I haven't played enough to present any truly scientifically significant findings, but after having earned about 5000 coins, the rate seems pretty consistent), and the most expensive object in the store will set you back 6200 coins. My guess is that dedicated players will soon run out of stuff to buy besides visual customization, in spite of the large number of car parts and weapons.

The game will probably not hold my attention for long (after all, neither Punch Quest nor D.R.W.A.P.S did), but I am having fun, and I imagine that this could be a dream for a runner enthusiast.

What I'd truly like to see (Besides shorter loading times) is an integrated score comparison mechanisms, for that asynchronous social-competitive urge. Preferably in the form of road signs along the way, indicating the maximum distances of your friends.

Last edited by Ayjona; 02-21-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Tried to play more of this because as Ayjona mentioned, the game's combat and platforming mechanics are pretty fun. Unfortunately, the only real coins im getting are from objectives. If som objectives are a little hard to complete, coins gain almost takes a dead stop. This isnt temple run where coins are constantly on the path... There are long sequences without them at all.

One proof is that you have to work in TR2 and TheEnd to complete the "avoid coins" missions. In Turbolab Pursuit, i didnt even know i completed these missions just by playing without knowing i have these missions active. Now im sure they are different games, but my point is the coins are so spread out too thinly.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I wonder if some copies of the game are glitched... I score several hundred coins easily every time I play, and I don't even get very far. They are all over the place! It has to be a bug or something?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

You sure youve played much where objectives become more and more difficult to complete? Coz you might unknowingly actually get your coins from the easy objectives. Coins actually start out a little fast because of the easy objectives, but they fall after that.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yeah, objectives soon become hard to complete. But after reading your post, Exact-Psience, I'm almost leaning towards sweetdiss's glitch theory (even though I know that such bugs are a VERY rare occurence in an environment as controlled as the App Store). We truly seem to be playing different versions of the same game.

I average 50-100 collected coins each run, outside of all objectives. And I'm probably pretty bad at the game , which means that my runs usually last for less than two minutes. Probably often less than one. Together with what few objectives I can complete, that often means 1000 coins in ten minutes.

(I have noticed, though, that you need to go high in order to cash in. Using the trampolines and air currents to ascend to Heaven (the cloud slopes) helps a lot, and jumping off every precipice and roof to look for coin lumps suspended in mid-air seems to be a requirement to find coin.)

So there is no surprise we in the 100 coin per minute camp feel the game is extremely generous. And there is even less surprise that you fellas who earn almost nothing outside of those durned objectives find the game irishly tigh-fisted (and find it hard to enjoy your time out in the slopes).

The weighted question is: who among us are playing the intended game?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ayjona's impressions have sold me, I shall download and report back shortly.