★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Do you eventually start at a different level, or does the background always pretty much look like the video that was posted?
Pretty much. Still a fun onrails shooter/runner. In a few days it will probably be boring, but by then I have had enough fun.

Perhaps a future update will supply more stages. here's to hoping. :-)
02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Touch 4 support?
Can we all throw in and get this guy a 5th gen touch so we don't have to view these posts 12 times per thread? I've got 5 on it.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking

02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
You sure you saw a lot? Coz i thought that was just me. Anyways, i think im done with the game. It just gets harder and harder, no bosses (i was hoping there was at the end of the 5th checkpoint but there's none), and nothing after it. If this was a runner, then i could take it as endless. But as a sort of on-rails shooter, it gets boring once you get past the 5th checkpoint. There's nothing there, except all enemies have 4 health each, and there's almost always 4 enemies on screen which just forces a game over. Then, you start again.
Yeah, it was kind of fun at first but it really isn't a runner as the gameplay is slow, but the difficulty ramps up and feels cheap when it gets to be like 4 enemies on the screen and it's basically impossible to get through them.

It's not like real "on-rails" shooters like Time Crisis, which mix things up. And it's not good as a runner either. Tries to combine both and ultimately fails. If you want a good on-rails shooter, go with one of the Time Crisis games or Doom Resurrection, which is IMO the best on-rails shooter on the iOS. And, of course, there's plenty of better options for BTB runners.
02-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Simple question(I hope)

What's the most efficient way to bullet dodge? Right before the enemy is about is fire or is it with a swipe of the lanes before/after the enemy fires a round?

Oh yeah it's free now...

Game Center-probum

Twitter-@filmngamegeek
02-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Crap, I hate to give a game a try only when it becomes free, but movie tie-ins are usually a no-fly zone for me. If it's good, I'll "donate" to the game via IAP, if there is any.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalbum View Post
What's the most efficient way to bullet dodge? Right before the enemy is about is fire or is it with a swipe of the lanes before/after the enemy fires a round?

Oh yeah it's free now...
I always thought dodge was a % chance as suggested by one of the gadgets.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
Crap, I hate to give a game a try only when it becomes free, but movie tie-ins are usually a no-fly zone for me. If it's good, I'll "donate" to the game via IAP, if there is any.
No worries man. I bought this day one and thought to myself "this could go free soon." So no biggie. It also has IAP if you ever end up likin it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Just gone free. Downloaded, tried, saw a character that walks like he just swallowed a bunch of hard sticks, soulles lane changing, unpolished menus and no John McClane!!!

It is probably an issue about old Brucie's trademark smile / being a trademark or Fox's forcing the new "Jack" on us; who looks more like Thor's son rather than McClane's.

Not deleted yet, but likely will be.
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Not the best game I've ever played...

Favourite games: Shadowgun, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Asphalt 7, Dead Space, The Dark Knight Rises, N.O.V.A. 3, Deus Ex: The Fall, Call Of Duty: Strike Team, Gangstar, Bejeweled, Fairway Solitaire.
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
Don't donate, this is a marketing tie-in.