App description: An ancient myth. A war among Gods. A lone hero.

The Gods is a mind-blowing action experience based on ancient Chinese myth. Play as humanity's last hope as peace and freedom has been lost. It's up to you to be the saviour in this time of sorrow.

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

MIND-BLOWING VISUALS
Developed using the groundbreaking Unreal Engine, The Gods is a visual feast. Featuring luscious landscapes, explosive action sequences, and highly detailed characters, The Gods will blow you away.

VISCERAL COMBAT
Use devastating attacks to destroy your enemies. String together lethal combos and use powers as you make your way through the mystic land in this epic adventure.

TRULY EPIC
The Gods campaign features 7 huge levels with hours of gameplay. Challenge mode has 11 levels for the truly hardcore heroes.

Game Features
Created with Unreal Engine 3.
Gorgeous graphics you won't believe are running on your mobile device.
Two deep game modes for hours of gameplay.
Character unlocks and upgrades.
Epic, legendary storyline based on an ancient Chinese myth.
Universal: Works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Sanuku's comments:

02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
I love this game. So far, none of my downloads that i have tested have disappointed me.

Not even The Jack the Giant Slayer movie tie-in mini-game where you play as a giant, coz it's free, and no IAPs, and somewhat fun albeit a bit too short...

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Is this a paidmium?

02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Is this a paidmium?
Yeah that's what I've been trying to figure out. Metal casket you said that the IAP is for extra characters, fair enough. But for health...? That makes me a bit suspect to be honest, a sharp difficulty spike and paid for health could make for a rather effective pay wall IMO.

Hope not because it sounds great... Just unfortunately I expect the worse from the vast amount of studios these days.
02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadedodger View Post
Yeah that's what I've been trying to figure out. Metal casket you said that the IAP is for extra characters, fair enough. But for health...? That makes me a bit suspect to be honest, a sharp difficulty spike and paid for health could make for a rather effective pay wall IMO.

Hope not because it sounds great... Just unfortunately I expect the worse from the vast amount of studios these days.
You can buy Dragon Orbs (I think they're called that) that restore your health and magic (?), but honestly you have to be the worst gamer in the world to not be able to manage with the health and...ugh, I should look up what it's called >_>...whatever it is the game gives you. Literally every enemy drops something, and you can break vases, crates and other stuff. There's absolutely no paywall in the game.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadedodger View Post

I have yet to see a game from Chilingo with unfair IAP methods. Chilingo is a fair publisher in terms of optional IAP and pricing.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
I've been waiting for a game like this for ages. What's better is as your character is a dragon warrior your able to be liberal with yelling "ska doosh"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (212.0 KB, 24 views)
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
This release night just gets better and better. Another one going in the BUY pile for tonight.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
I've been waiting for a game like this for ages. What's better is as your character is a dragon warrior your able to be liberal with yelling "ska doosh"
Nice setup!!Ska Doosh
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Tagg
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Can anyone tell me the installed app size?