Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default House of the Lost Mini (by F5 Games)

House of the Lost Mini is now available in NZ! It will be working its way across the world today and when it hits your country you can grab it for the low, low price of FREE!

House of the Lost Mini brings the hardcore roguelike gameplay of House of the Lost to the iPhone. It includes all the great randomized levels, weapon crafting, loot, and challenge of the original and we've also incorporated a new directional shooting control scheme ( that you can turn on in the settings menu ) which makes the game play more like Binding of Isaac than Zelda.

Again, the game is free to download and there is one IAP after level 2 that unlocks the full game for $1.99

Also, as of today, we know of no one outside of F5 that has completed the game ( out of thousands who have played on iPad, Kindle, and Nook). Make sure you're connected to GameCenter when you play in case you are the first.

Once you check it out let me know what you think in the comments.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad version Gameplay
Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iTunes Link [NZ]: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/house-of-the-lost-mini/id584437569?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by Brandon Pollet; 02-20-2013 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Added gameplay video.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

House of the Lost Mini looks crazy promising; looking forward to US launch. Thanks to the developer for making a iPhone/iPod edition! I think adding a second control scheme would be a nice touch for future update.

Here's a link to the iPad edition thread; and some impressions from there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blibby View Post
Got a chance to give House of the Lost a couple of plays this morning.
It feels very NES Legend of Zelda dungeon like. A fairly basic maze layout of rooms attached by non existent corridors. Some doors are blocked and you need to address puzzle elements to proceed.

The combat plays okay, but I'm not sure I'm liking the control feel. This might be due to the fact that I play mostly turned based games on my Idevices.

The music and ambience is nice. The tiles are well drawn. Gameplay is virtually unlimited, as long as Zelda dungeon exploring is your thing.

I'd like to see a search command with some descriptive elements built in. Perhaps even a spooky narrator to describe some of the tiles when inspected.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5, with the possibility of becoming a five with a bit more depth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Not sure how I've missed this until now but anyway better late than never. I've just played a few games and I'm loving it, nice dungeon crawler/ rogue like game.
The controls do take a little bit of getting used to but it's fine after five minutes, I appreciate what your trying to go for here, the old school type hard where you die and your dead , like how it always was.
I'll be picking up the unlock full game in just a minute as the free version does a good job of showing you what your getting.
Even just in my ten minutes of playing I can see it being one of those games you get better at the more you play it.

I think dual stick controls might make the game quite a bit easier though, alien breed did it where they had the old school graphics and controls as one setting then the new graphics and dual stick controls as another setting and it made that game a lot easier having two sticks.

Maybe there will have to be separate leader boards for the two different controls...

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-20-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This looks promising.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Does it move faster then in the video?
The first video is just a promo stop-motion vid that we did for this launch. I've added a gameplay video from the iPad version to the first post so you can see it in action.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Laggy game.deleted
Is it really that laggy? The iPad impressions sound much more promising. Do you suspect this is a performance issue limited to your iPod 4G or iPhone/iPod edition only?

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-20-2013 at 01:06 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm really looking forward to this rogue-Zelda-alike. I can't believe it isn't getting more attention. Also free to try and the best kind of IAP implementation ie one payment unlocks the full game.

I hope this does well as it looks awesome fun. This and The Gods are my most anticipated releases tonight.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe its not for touch 4 but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't
Some roguelikes move in a start/stop blockiness due to an underlying turn based nature that becomes apparent when you start combat. Could that be the case here? I'd imagine a more professional outing from this team than you describe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
I'm really looking forward to this rogue-Zelda-alike. I can't believe it isn't getting more attention. Also free to try and the best kind of IAP implementation ie one payment unlocks the full game.

I hope this does well as it looks awesome fun. This and The Gods are my most anticipated releases tonight.
Same here; the haunted house vibe in House of the Lost Mini and roguelike aspects sound like the perfect mash-up.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-20-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll download it on my iPod 4g and try it now, I played the ipad version so I have that to compare it to.

The description does say recommended for 4s and iPhone5 only though!

Right tried it on my iPod 4g and its just like bramblett05 says your character jumps all over the screen. More and more games lately don't support the iPod4 but it is getting a bit old

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 02-20-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I'll download it on my iPod 4g and try it now, I played the ipad version so I have that to compare it to.
Thank you, I will be curious to hear more impressions. As a free download it's a no brainer to try when released in my corner of the world anyway but that will help keep expectations in check.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This is for the IPhone 4S and above. We've found that the iPhone 4 generation devices just don't have the performance. We're continuing to work on optimizing it for the 4 but we didn't want to make 4s and 5 owners wait.

The very first line of the app description states that the game isn't recommended for iPhone 4 owners.