Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Banned

LOL. Wtf is Red Bull trying to achieve by interviewing Firemonkeys? The only thing I can think of is either Red Bull is buying ad space in the game or the Red Bull Ring is going to feature in a future update.

LInk: http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellit...21243319645120

PS: Looking at the butressing language of the article something is surely up. Feel free to speculate.

From the interview:

We have had a small release in a few countries just to get feedback from players about what they like and what they aren’t happy with before we release to the whole world. We are getting an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, but there are areas of the game that our fans aren’t happy with that we are looking to address.

Yeah, right!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 AM

I knew something bad is coming. With service times after first update game was easily playable without need of spending single cent.
So if I do not update my service times will be same ? I guess they will tweak it on servers as they did before.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Banned

What about the rate of wear? I remember the wear rate for oil was very high (every three events and it'd drop to red) during the initial launch phase, and then they made it last longer with tone of the stealth updates.

Or heck, are the wear rates lower now?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-007 View Post
LOL. Wtf is Red Bull trying to achieve by interviewing Firemonkeys? The only thing I can think of is either Red Bull is buying ad space in the game or the Red Bull Ring is going to feature in a future update.

LInk: http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellit...21243319645120

PS: Looking at the butressing language of the article something is surely up. Feel free to speculate.

From the interview:

We have had a small release in a few countries just to get feedback from players about what they like and what they arenít happy with before we release to the whole world. We are getting an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, but there are areas of the game that our fans arenít happy with that we are looking to address.

Yeah, right!
Agreed but a couple redbulls does help me stay awake the 12hrs of waiting for my car to be fixed
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 AM
iPad Air

Firemint/EA please get rid of all the wait time here, repair time there, IAP all over, wait a little again bullocks and put out a premium version. Slap whatever price tag you see fit for it. Couldn't hurt having two versions letting people choose AND actually enjoy your game? Take a que from the big boys in the console arena eh..
Old 02-21-2013, 03:37 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I think the 6 1/2 hours you were facing is in the latest version. The one prior to this had waiting times in the 2 hour region at max.
No, I am still on the old version, never updated, so in the new version that damage would probably mean between 13-15 hours I figure. I will see tomorrow, but I will hate to update...

Sigh...

Could be such a great game, this and the stupid zombie like ai. I think this is making think of starting the boycott again. Sigh, just when we all were starting to find some gold coins in the dog dung as Lost Deputy famously
Proclaimed. Where is thr love EA?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I believe the wait times should triple at the very least. So you're looking at 18 hours at best, over a day at worse.
I forgot, did I ever tell you guys that I don't like wait timers?

Triple??? You gotta be kidding me, I only have two cars.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 AM

Just want to say I am loving the game so far. I have played hours worth of racing and have spent only a couple of bucks to get a third car. It is a shame that so many people in here are angry, I really don't get it.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm a little lost at who EA are targeting here. With the timers the way they are after the update, casual players are gonna delete as soon as they hit a 12 to 15 hour wait to repair the only car they have. The hardcore fans, which I believe is most of us here who have been upbeat about the game this far, and want to put some hours into this, are gonna be frustrated at the small percentage of time actually spent on the track( even with a handful of cars I have had to stop completely at times and wait). Either way I sadly see this being deleted from many devices.
I hope not, because this is a game that deserves to be held as one of the best racers on any platform, but will be regarded as a could've been Great game instead.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
I'm a little lost at who EA are targeting here. With the timers the way they are after the update, casual players are gonna delete as soon as they hit a 12 to 15 hour wait to repair the only car they have. The hardcore fans, which I believe is most of us here who have been upbeat about the game this far, and want to put some hours into this, are gonna be frustrated at the small percentage of time actually spent on the track( even with a handful of cars I have had to stop completely at times and wait). Either way I sadly see this being deleted from many devices.
I hope not, because this is a game that deserves to be held as one of the best racers on any platform, but will be regarded as a could've been Great game instead.
It is something I believe EA themselves never foretold.

Thing is, the softcore guys (casual gamers I mean) will delete it after the third or fourth race when they send their car for servicing. These guys will know well enough that things like wait timers only ever get worse in freemium games. RR3 is unique in that respect, but they never will know.

The hardcore guys meanwhile will suck it up and play without paying, or simply delete the game and forget about the franchise.

I see only the mid-core dudes forking out some cash.

Plus with crash damages and no way to turn off damages, the casual guys will just get frustrated.

And while I say the mid core guys will fork out some money (some harcore players might too), these are far from the "whales" EA will look to snap. They will just get IAPs to get additional cars or give $9.99 as a thank you gesture.

I stand by my ascertion that somewhere deep in the bunkers where the EA execs are sat, they are rueing the move to freemium.

It is backfiring on EA (testament of which is them fiddling around with the timers to reach a balance favourable to them) and shed no tears of joy when (not if) a premium version of RR3 comes out. Instead, pelt their offices with eggs I say.