Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

That is another thing that makes me so much more comfortable in the indie space - so many more developers feel they have the freedom to speak their minds. I might not always agree with their minds once spoken, but I appreciate the tone of personal honesty in posts like Luke's. (A blessing sometimes wrapped in a curse, though it might sometimes be. Anyone who has ever been the target of S2Games' Maliken's cathartic rants will recognize the haunted look in my eyes )

While I can't fault posters in this thread for your honest incredulity, I wish you would withhold the ire. Even if it does serve the purpose of provocing a reaction from the developer (which might not at all have been the purpose of any posts in this thread), or of ventilation, the resulting discussion is so much less pleasant for it. (Much like I would not like to see developers be honest anywhere near the point of spite. See Maliken.)

Regardless of the wisdom of Ossian Studios' marketing decisions, I have high hopes for The Shadow Sun. Funny enough (and perhaps contrary to circumstancial evidence), they only grow the more development blueshifts towards infinity

Last edited by Ayjona; 02-20-2013 at 11:15 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think the issue is that the developer hasn't even shown a recent screenshot in years, while other devs like Tato or Josh will give constant updates to the community. What's the point of even posting in TA about your game unless you have something to say or show? I'd love to see one or two screens, even if it's WIP. If you can't do so, then say so and the bitching (might ) decrease. In the mean time, can you tell us anything about the story? Combat system? Enemies? World size? Estimated hours of content?

That said, looking forward to it. If it can come up to RS2's level, and overcome its two main failings - content/loot/ and writing/lore, then I'll be all over this when it eventually releases.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default The Shadow Sun release 2013

I have e-mailed Ossian Studios about the upcoming ios and Android game, The Shadow Sun, and I have found out some information. I have found out that this game will be playable on iPod touch 4th generation, and that it will be coming out this year no matter what. Also, Aralon 2 will be coming out late 2013 as well. So, what do you guys think, Aralon 2 or The Shadow Sun?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidizen View Post
I have e-mailed Ossian Studios about the upcoming ios and Android game, The Shadow Sun, and I have found out some information. I have found out that this game will be playable on iPod touch 4th generation, and that it will be coming out this year no matter what. Also, Aralon 2 will be coming out late 2013 as well. So, what do you guys think, Aralon 2 or The Shadow Sun?
Heard of shadow sun but aralon 2? And Exiles?
CMG your killing my bank account.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidizen View Post
Shadow Sun lives!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
Shadow Sun lives!!!!!
Yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!! Hope it was worth all the delays...
Old 05-10-2013, 05:36 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Yeah, I would certainly love to hear about it soon. I think the last time I checked, there was supposed to be an announcement early 2013. Guess we gotta keep waiting.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 8.x

Hello?!
Is there anybody in there?
Just knock if you can hear me...
Is there anyone home?

Well, still keeping an eye on this super secret game, not much to say, they won't be at E3 this year, I guess maybe they fear that the word might get out that they are working on a game, can't have that!

They say they have about 30 people working on the game for about three years now, kinda weird for a vaporware game, looks like I'll be totally shocked when it comes out... but I'm still pretty sure it won't work out like that.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I don't know. I totally forgot about this as other new games keep popping up .
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Developer

Hey Folks,

You've been patiently waiting for some news on The Shadow Sun. That time has finally arrived.

http://www.ossianstudios.com/tss

- Alan

Closed Thread