Android sub-forum?

02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
#11
I think this is a great idea, many developers on this site also have there apps in the android market. TA could also make something like 1 post a week talking about android.
02-21-2013, 04:49 PM
#12
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 5,046
So maybe not a sub-forum, but a main forum? If we have two main forums for iOS games, why not a main forum for Android games?

Besides, it's not like this site is called iOS Arcade. So we could have:

Touch Arcade
Keeping you in touch with the latest in iOS and Android gaming

02-23-2013, 12:48 AM
#13
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
So maybe not a sub-forum, but a main forum? If we have two main forums for iOS games, why not a main forum for Android games?

Besides, it's not like this site is called iOS Arcade. So we could have:

Touch Arcade
Keeping you in touch with the latest in iOS and Android gaming
I LIKE that a lot! Cover all the bases there!
02-23-2013, 01:28 AM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
Touch Arcade
Keeping you in touch with the latest in iOS and Android gaming
Toucharcade

Keeping you in touch with the latest in ios, android, windows phones, blackberry os, consoles, and used cars.

Don't get a lemon!
02-23-2013, 03:53 AM
#15
Well, if you go this way, do it well with RSS News. The only reason I am coming here is that any news I see here apply on my devices. If I need to start filtering myself news for game and Android I don't care about, won't be happy.

BTW, if the site become more known by Android users, it will for sure attract all the apple haters in there. Be wise before you chose.
02-23-2013, 10:11 AM
#16
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dams View Post
BTW, if the site become more known by Android users, it will for sure attract all the apple haters in there. Be wise before you chose.
Well unfortunately maturity doesn't run rampant within any forum. Never could understand why anyone would click onto a thread knowing they don't like the subject to post. And the very least we still have an ignore button option for people that simply like to hate.

Also we do have PS3, Vita, DS postings all the time and all seem to be able to cope with them.

......OR we could create our own social group for Android users.
02-23-2013, 04:45 PM
#17
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Well unfortunately maturity doesn't run rampant within any forum. Never could understand why anyone would click onto a thread knowing they don't like the subject to post. And the very least we still have an ignore button option for people that simply like to hate.

Also we do have PS3, Vita, DS postings all the time and all seem to be able to cope with them.

......OR we could create our own social group for Android users.
Check out brand new site droidgamers.com! Loving it so far! See what you guys think!
02-23-2013, 06:38 PM
#18
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Check out brand new site droidgamers.com! Loving it so far! See what you guys think!
Yea, got pm'd of it. Looks like a pretty cool site. Wonder if anyone from here has made an account as yet. I've been surfing around and still in the "checking it out" mode but liking it a lot.
02-23-2013, 07:46 PM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Check out brand new site droidgamers.com! Loving it so far! See what you guys think!
Looks promising, right now the forums are bare, but would be cool if there was a good forum site that we could visit.
02-24-2013, 09:17 AM
#20
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Check out brand new site droidgamers.com! Loving it so far! See what you guys think!
Yep, I've been checking it out too and need to become a member. Guess the main reason I suggested it here is that there's such a huge built in community and I know there are people with multiple devices.

As for fear of console gamers then wanting their own sub-forum, to me it's not the same thing. Android gaming is mobile/touch screen gaming. Even though it's a competitor of the iOS, you'll even see other gaming sites like Pocketgamer combine them (there app of the month list is for both iOS and Android for instance). There's a lot more crossover between the two systems with devs publishing the same games on both.But as several have mentioned,Google Play is difficult to navigate and, while there's a few decent news sites, there's no community like this to find out about new releases and exclusives. I rely more on the discussions on here than review sites for iOS games because I've gotten to know people with similar tastes and I respect their opinion.

Droidgamers may build up to something like this. I just thought with the massive community here, there is bound to be quite a few Android owners. And it may blossom quickly.

Again, I would never suggest this for the Xbox 360 or another console, I just think Android is a natural fit.