Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 AM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
This sounds crazy but I've been hoping someone would develop a truck driving/parking aim for iOS - thanks for fulfulling that wish! The game is fantastic. Some requests:

iCade and iCade 8-bitty support would be fantastic (please change the button configurations based on which one is used if you do so!)

I gladly purchased the monster truck and removed ads for $2.99 but was a little disappointed the kids mode is an extra $2.99 - any chance of combining the 2 or making kids mode free?

Thanks again for the great game - definitely fills a niche that was missing on iOS!
Hey
Thanks for the comments!

We'll look into iCade support for sure, but about the separate purchase of Kids Mode. We'll see how it goes but the idea was that Monster Truck is there to make the game harder if you want, and Kids Mode to make it easier. I don't really see the majority of people going both ways?

Really appreciate your feedback and support though - we are discussing it now.

Regards,
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2013, 02:08 PM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default

Wow thanks guys for doing a TA Plays on my game!

I'm smiling so much now you could use my mouth as a banana storage device!

It was so funny watching you drive!

I totally see your point about feedback. We will definitely improve that.

To explain a bit, you EITHER need to get to the green zone before your star for time runs out. If you make it, you can park anyhow as long as any part of the truck is in the green area.

OR If you miss the "time" star, then you can still pass the level by parking perfectly (all within green zone) or having taken no penalties from touching stuff. You get twice as much time as you get for the 'speed' award to compete a level so you can take your time and just aim for precise parking, or easier is just don't hit anything. The straighter you are, the more points you get also. It's all explained in the 'Help' pages but I know people don't read stuff

Each thing (speed, no penalties, perfect parking) will get you a star, and you only need 1 star to pass a level. You can go back to previous levels and replay them to get the other stars... You don't need to get all 3 in the same run but if you do, you'll get bigger points.

We definitely didn't make level 6 intentionally harder, it's just the first one you need to reverse into the end-zone. It's actually really an easy one compared to other reversing levels - there's loads of space there

Using the front camera for reversing will make it much easier for you but I respect you persevering with that rear view, nearly made it!!

The monster truck is different (harder) because it's longer and has a wider turning circle. It's also heavier (but with much more horsepower) and faster top speed, so it behaves pretty differently.

Thanks again guys!

Here is a video of me doing Level 6 with 3 stars ;p


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by HybridTouchGames; 05-17-2013 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:40 AM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default

I am really struggling to take this all in, but Trucker is in the top 3 racing games in over 40 countries now, and number 4 overall in 'free apps' in quite a few places too! Mind = blown

I'm just uploading some 'walkthrough' videos which might help some folk that are struggling to pass through the game!

Had a couple of comments in the appstore that it's not possible, but it really is
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 PM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default Trucker "Walkthrough" tips movies

Hi, I've put together a collection of videos showing me completing each level on my YT Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HybridTouchGames

I hope it might help some of you!

I've only done up to level 18 (manic right now with the launch!) but I will add the other 18 to make the total 36 later, and maybe go back on the few I didn't manage to 3 star here!
(but you can see how possible it is, I just messed up a little and missed it by half a second on some... grrrr).

I will try to find time to do them all in the Monster Truck too!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 AM
aceyprime aceyprime is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridTouchGames View Post
Hey
Thanks for the comments!

We'll look into iCade support for sure, but about the separate purchase of Kids Mode. We'll see how it goes but the idea was that Monster Truck is there to make the game harder if you want, and Kids Mode to make it easier. I don't really see the majority of people going both ways?

Really appreciate your feedback and support though - we are discussing it now.

Regards,
Mark
I wanted the monster truck for the extra challenge but also have a young son who would benefit from the kids mode - I'm guessing other parents may be the same. Thanks again for the great game and keep up the great work - congrats on your success thus far!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:50 PM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
I wanted the monster truck for the extra challenge but also have a young son who would benefit from the kids mode - I'm guessing other parents may be the same. Thanks again for the great game and keep up the great work - congrats on your success thus far!
Thanks for the info. I'll see if we can squeeze an 'UNLOCK ALL' option in without cluttering up the interface in a future update!

And thanks for the gratz... really cannot believe what is happening!! I will wake up soon surely
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 PM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default 500,000 players in 4 days

I'm still in a state of shock... really cannot take it in! We have hit half a MILLION downloads (550,000 to be precise) since Thursday (just 4 days ago!).

We are so excited about the things we can now do with our vision of what Trucker should be, and are going full steam ahead at it.

Huge thanks to anyone that downloaded it so far!
Keep on Truckin' !!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 PM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default 1 Million Truckers!



I'm amazed and delighted to announce we have hit A MILLION downloads of Trucker: Parking Simulator in just 6 days!

There are nearly 500k players competing in GameCenter leader boards and we are still in overall position 2 of all free iPad and iPhone games in the UK, for a full 3 to 4 days now and number 1 in over 40 other countries!! I'm stunned! 0_o

Our resident aliens are working hard on an update which we hope to submit tomorrow.

This will address some of the issues people seem to be slating us for in 1 star reviews (the difficulty and the ads over gameplay bug), as well as lots of other improvements.

I think the visibility and success has brought in a much more casual crowd than the game is really designed for, tho we have hopefully found a way to keep the challenge but let people progress more easily (WITHOUT IAP!).

Thanks to anyone that's played, and if you haven't played yet please keep an eye out for the update
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM
HybridTouchGames HybridTouchGames is offline
Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Default Update to v1.1

Trucker Version 1.1 is now live!

The first major update to Trucker: Parking Simulator is now available.

We focussed this update around some of the early feedback we received.
  • Time to complete levels extended hugely!
    We've kept the same challenging time to get the Star for speed, but now you can take your time, drive without penalties and park perfectly for the other 2 Stars on each level.
  • Added 'target time' to the results screen. See how far away you were!
  • Added random 'tips' to the loading screens. Helps learn the game, scoring etc.
  • Hopefully killed bug that made ads appear over gameplay on slower connections.
  • Added a cheap 'remove ads' IAP button. This will be $0.99 or 69p.
    Other IAP will still be available, so if you were planning on getting a new truck or kids mode, get those instead and it removes ads as well!)

…and dozens of other tweaks and bug fixes.

Join 1.5 million other Truckers - download for free!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Hoggy110 Hoggy110 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The rainbow-fuelled nightmare of my mind
Posts: 2,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridTouchGames View Post


I'm amazed and delighted to announce we have hit A MILLION downloads of Trucker: Parking Simulator in just 6 days!

There are nearly 500k players competing in GameCenter leader boards and we are still in overall position 2 of all free iPad and iPhone games in the UK, for a full 3 to 4 days now and number 1 in over 40 other countries!! I'm stunned! 0_o

Our resident aliens are working hard on an update which we hope to submit tomorrow.

This will address some of the issues people seem to be slating us for in 1 star reviews (the difficulty and the ads over gameplay bug), as well as lots of other improvements.

I think the visibility and success has brought in a much more casual crowd than the game is really designed for, tho we have hopefully found a way to keep the challenge but let people progress more easily (WITHOUT IAP!).

Thanks to anyone that's played, and if you haven't played yet please keep an eye out for the update
I remember when I was #1 in the world with a field of 3 people...congrats guys
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent