Universal Iron Force - (by Chillingo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sicksilvo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I have. It is fun for a while, but I've noticed a bit of lag, and, as I mentioned in another post, the timers and the way the IAP is structured makes the game really imbalanced.

2. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Iron Force

Anyone else annoyed with the mismatched Super tanks?
    Any way we can get tanks relatively matched?
    Any thoughts?
    I find I can kill them with strategy but it takes diamonds sometimes to regenerate quickly to finish the kill.
    It is unfair for other less experienced players to play the game.
    Also what fun or sport do idiots with expensive super tanks get from going around one shot killing to cheat and get ranking.
    Seems to me these are the same weak minded losers who enjoy torturing small animals.

3. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Mismatched tanks are a big problem.
    Some idiots buy really really expensive tanks to just go around doing one shot kills in order to cheat their ranking.
    Un fair to new players and discouraging.
    I play with a Draco tank fully upgraded.
    I prefer it because smaller tanks have a chance against me and I can compete against tanks one or two classes .
    However defeating the Super tanks takes regenerating diamonds or extreme skill.
    I am pretty experienced but that does not help much.

4. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Tanks highly mismatched.You can buy a Super tank for 70 to 250 dollars. (TOTALLY INSANE)
    Nonetheless a few buy these to just go around one shot killing in order to cheat their ranking.
    For new players it is very discouraging and no fun. I am experienced and only like using a Draco fully upgraded.
    I find this gives smaller tanks a chance and I can still attack tanks 2 classes up.The super tanks however are a challenge to beat. I find I need to regenerate using diamonds in order to finish the kill.
    Seems to me the ones who buy super tanks are the same weak cowards who like to torture young animals.

5. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Patrick,It is the mismatching of tanks and the uselessness of funds compared to diamonds etc...
    Entitled to our opinions is a condescending remark. Was that really necessary? An honest assessment would make it sound less greedy and more about creating a good fair attractive game. It takes a thousand diamonds for a supertank for example.1650 diamonds costs 99 dollars. The 1 or 2 diamonds you can pick up realistically in a game while competing with 4 other players trying to get the same few diamonds is ridiculous. I have 1 million 500 thousand dollars of in game funds. Useless to me after upgrading my tanks already.If we could use those funds to buy bigger tanks that would be good. It is obviously counterproductive to Chillingos money making plan.
    I appreciate your effort here but we have a point.

6. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Yes. About a month now.
    Not bad but pricey for suckers.
    The accumalated cash is eventually worthless.
    Diamonds not easy to accumalate.
    I use a Draco and get along fine.
    I do not purchase much.

7. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I looked at the marketplace for this game, and noticed that *no* prices are posted for the gems. You have to click through to get the price. This I think is the height of sleaziness. At least be transparent about your pricing. This is the kind of thing that puts a bad light on IAP (and really pisses off parents).

8. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    #28 Ohyouregone, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Yep this Ed Rumley guy is kind of a sleaze as it is.
    I have not heard a helpful response from Patrick yet.
    I love playing the game obviously but there are many many defects.

9. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ...and while I'm at it, timers just suck. There's no good reason to put up a timer other than to squeeze money from your audience. This is the kind of thing they put on peep shows in the 80s.

10. Ohyouregone

Ohyouregone Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I hear you. Profit and greed instead of what people need.

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #31 sicksilvo, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    Iron Force - Beauty and the Beast Update Trailer

Video description:

12. jdrake66

jdrake66 Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Wow, the app won't load since 10-11 am EST. Keeps getting stuck on loading screen, connection keeps timing out. A big company like Chillingo can't set up enough servers for an iOS game?!

13. Yutboi

Yutboi New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Sir. I purchased almost 140$ but i didnt get the free diamonds. Please give me my 730 free diamonds please. My username in the game is Yutboi im from philippines

14. jdrake66

jdrake66 Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Is there a timer on IAP's too?! I just bought some diamonds and cash and the app keeps telling me I've purchased the item but it hasn't been downloaded yet!

15. Patrick@Chillingo

Patrick@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013

Hi Yutboi, those diamonds aren't on top of what you've already bought. The extra 730 diamonds are included in the bundle. That's how many extra diamonds you get compared to if you spent the same amount of money on multiple lots of the smallest bundle. Sorry for the confusion.

16. AquilaTank

AquilaTank New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Game Impressions

Dead game if you American or European.

Asians have overrun Iron Force with one shot kill tanks. It is to the point I do not even play if I see a bunch of tanks with Asian flags. Because all that will happen is my (max) Aquila tank will be instantly killed at each spawn.

The one shot kill tanks used to keep mostly to Desert map to farm new players, now there are so many, they are on every map farming American and European players. Since mostly American and European players have normal tanks.

So I see less and less American and Europeans actively playing now. And I see even fewer new (Hydrus) tanks because really what is the point of being a new player in Iron Force. When every tank from Hydrus to Lupus instantly dies.

17. Alpha-One

Alpha-One New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Game Impressions

:cool:

Ok just like to make some comments on this game Iron Force!

Firstly lets say when I first started playing I found it to be a good tank game.
    Enjoyable and fun. Once playing a bit I noticed when purchasing diamonds there was an issue with the diamonds not being delivered to my account, but the game stated that I had received them but still needed to download.
    Finally I received them after 48 hrs, but I was left feeling frustrated.
    Then as I looked into purchasing a tank with diamonds I found that Chillingo were asking a extortionate amount of money for these purchases. I mean $50, $70 , $99 for a IAP on an IOS game .... Absurd!
    I can buy Top Tier games for XBOX 360, PS3 or PC for a complete game for that money.
    I am not against buying IAP when it's a good game but come on those prices for a game that clearly on IOS is an inferior game quality, so I say to Chillingo -
    WHAT The Hell!
    Try and justify to me how you can look at yourself in the mirror and still charge customers who you supposedly appreciate these ridiculous IAP Prices.
    I don't understand how Chillingo marketing can't work out that they will make far more money by charging less for IAP as people will be more willing to buy them as the IAP's would be affordable to a larger amount of gamers that play their games and keep their gaming customers happy.

Now onto the game experience.
    This game whilst fun and enjoyable to play is without doubt for me the most frustrating and clearly makes me insanely angry, so much so that I have stopped playing.
    Now normally I would occasionally feel some frustration and anger in gaming when I felt annoyed at my lack of skill or if someone was getting the better of me.
    This is not the case with Iron Force
    :mad: I get furious with this game due to the lack of effort put into fixing the most stupid and serious flaws which affect my game play, like buggy servers and laggy networking which if I get disconnected still has the gall to use 3 of my fuel tanks, also the lag is always so bad as to let you race around a corner in the game trying to evade being shot only to let you get around the corner and to then have you die anyway. But it doesn't stop at that, you can then also drive through a dropped diamond but for some reason don't get given the diamond.
    Also I could be firing at another enemy tank and having no affect and suddenly I am transported somewhere else on the map.
    Sometimes both these things can happen at the same time, I run over a diamond and not get the diamond but then get transported somewhere else and have an enemy tank shooting at me and killing me and then I drop a diamond that another tank can get. These things are utterly annoying and frustrating to the point of anger.
    Sometimes you start a round and all the Tanks are invisible and the map looses all its surface textures and we are left playing in a white map. :mad:
    I am waiting for Chillingo to fix these issues before I will play again, but in the updates to date they have put work into things like "knowing who killed you" and adding a "couple new tanks" (whilst I think these are valid things to add) they should be focused on fixing these terrible game floors first.

I would like to hear a reply from someone like Patrick from Chillingo
    And let us know what they are going to do to address these problems ???

:rolleyes: Post if you agree guys as I have a lot of friends who feel the same.
    I have a friend who goes stupidly angry with this game but I have never seen them angry at anything before...crazy stuff!

18. Alpha-One

Alpha-One New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    IRON FORCE - Fix it Chillingo!

:cool:

Ok just like to make some comments on this game Iron Force!

Firstly lets say when I first started playing I found it to be a good tank game.
    Enjoyable and fun. Once playing a bit I noticed when purchasing diamonds there was an issue with the diamonds not being delivered to my account, but the game stated that I had received them but still needed to download.
    Finally I received them after 48 hrs, but I was left feeling frustrated.
    Then as I looked into purchasing a tank with diamonds I found that Chillingo were asking a extortionate amount of money for these purchases. I mean $50, $70 , $99 for a IAP on an IOS game .... Absurd!
    I can buy Top Tier games for XBOX 360, PS3 or PC for a complete game for that money.
    I am not against buying IAP when it's a good game but come on those prices for a game that clearly on IOS is an inferior game quality, so I say to Chillingo -
    WHAT The Hell!
    Try and justify to me how you can look at yourself in the mirror and still charge customers who you supposedly appreciate these ridiculous IAP Prices.
    I don't understand how Chillingo marketing can't work out that they will make far more money by charging less for IAP as people will be more willing to buy them as the IAP's would be affordable to a larger amount of gamers that play their games and keep their gaming customers happy.

Now onto the game experience.
    This game whilst fun and enjoyable to play is without doubt for me the most frustrating and clearly makes me insanely angry, so much so that I have stopped playing.
    Now normally I would occasionally feel some frustration and anger in gaming when I felt annoyed at my lack of skill or if someone was getting the better of me.
    This is not the case with Iron Force
    :mad: I get furious with this game due to the lack of effort put into fixing the most stupid and serious flaws which affect my game play, like buggy servers and laggy networking which if I get disconnected still has the gall to use 3 of my fuel tanks, also the lag is always so bad as to let you race around a corner in the game trying to evade being shot only to let you get around the corner and to then have you die anyway. But it doesn't stop at that, you can then also drive through a dropped diamond but for some reason don't get given the diamond.
    Also I could be firing at another enemy tank and having no affect and suddenly I am transported somewhere else on the map.
    Sometimes both these things can happen at the same time, I run over a diamond and not get the diamond but then get transported somewhere else and have an enemy tank shooting at me and killing me and then I drop a diamond that another tank can get. These things are utterly annoying and frustrating to the point of anger.
    Sometimes you start a round and all the Tanks are invisible and the map looses all its surface textures and we are left playing in a white map. :mad:
    I am waiting for Chillingo to fix these issues before I will play again, but in the updates to date they have put work into things like "knowing who killed you" and adding a "couple new tanks" (whilst I think these are valid things to add) they should be focused on fixing these terrible game floors first.

I would like to hear a reply from someone like Patrick from Chillingo
    And let us know what they are going to do to address these problems ???

:rolleyes: Post if you agree guys as I have a lot of friends who feel the same.
    I have a friend who goes stupidly angry with this game but I have never seen them angry at anything before...crazy stuff!

19. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    Patrick, please revert to the 6 player battle! 4 against 4 is just way too frantic. Pure chaos on the battlefield. Also, it has just become pure luck to gather money, points, or diamonds.

Before, with three players in a team, when you died and reappeared, you could more or less picture the roundabout position of the tanks, but now? There is always someone shooting you in the back. No more strategy involved.

This is not fun anymore!

Really, all you had to do is match tanks in the same category, for this to be a fun game. Why don't you match them in the following categories:

1. Hydrus, Dorado, Draco
    2. Draco, Ursa, Sirius
    3. Sirius, Aquila, Lupus
    4. Lupus, Corvus, Lynx
    5. Lynx, Lacerta, Scorpius
    6. Lacerta, Scorpius, Unicorn

I drive a Lupus right now, but I have to exit most games where there is a Scorpius present, just cause it is no fun to die before having fired at least one shot. Also, for a Scorpius driver to get pitted against a Lupus is no challenge if every shot is a kill...

Come on. This cannot be too hard for you guys to do.

20. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    Since I am at it already...

Also, I don't always want to drive the same tank, but the game practically forces you to always drive your best tank in order to reap as many rewards and points as possible.

If you categorize the matching of tanks, then I could also drive all the other tanks in my garage, and it would be a fair battle. I would, for instance love to drive the Dorado, buy some patterns for it and win in this category.

Since this is not the way the game wants you to play at the moment, I practically upgraded all those tanks for nothing. Only to have them in my garage and never take them out?