Universal [OLD THREAD] Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yeah,right,all ROCKSTAR GAMES Are universal,except CW,and for The fact that The devices Are more powerful,they can't turning back like separate app,look at RAGE hd,tID pull off from The store RAGE HD,and RAGE,but when it's back,it's back only RAGE HD,so,i think ROCKSTAR do The same when(if)he come back in The store,optimized for widescreen devices,with retina,and maybe ICLOUD 

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #3582 Intendro, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    But some people must have bought the non-HD one... What, did they lose that game then? :mad:

I bought the non-HD GTA CTW... Wait, was there even an HD one?

3. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I also bought The standard version at launch when he came out,Yes,there an HD version for iPad,but Now they have pulled out them from The store cause Are not compatible with iOS 7,but only at The moment,i'm sure they come back,as an universal app,so,people that have buy HD,they have The universal,and viceversa,if you like me have bouth The standard,then you have an update version with retina,widescreen support,with better graphic,i'm sure this happened
    Edit:you can play you're standard version if you don't have iOS 7 like OS,if you have deleted,you can redownloaded from you're purchased history

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Back and still no widescreen support.. Just can't be bothered playing games on the iPhone with black borders. Looks like I'll just have to grab the iPad version.

5. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Update is out!! IOS7 and retina support! Looks and plays great (for 10 minutes anyways) on my rMini

6. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Too bad there is no 4" support.

7. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,unbelievable,retina support for iPhone 4,4s,but no 4 inch display!

8. L33

L33 Member

Dec 23, 2010
    UK
    I thought this was an Apple condition where all apps now have to be optimized for the 4 inch display?
    The description in the app says it is optimized for iPhone 5, so how have they managed this?

9. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Looks like no retina for iPod Touch 4G :(

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,i know that every App Update,or new App had to' be optimized for iPhone 5,it's an Apple rule,Apple e-mail all The devs time ago for let them know this,and on febrary they had to' be optimized for iOS 7,i think,in this case,Apple doesn't see that GTA:CW update it's not optimized for iPhone 5,infact,in The description of The app say: This app it's optimized for iPhone 5,i hope Rockstar GAMES update CW again..

11. ArtOfPanik

ArtOfPanik New Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Spain
    I remember playing this game a few months ago. It worked perfectly. Now it lags so bad on some places of the map. I'm using the same iPhone 4 as I did before.
    Anyone experiencing the same problem?

12. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I downloaded the Lite onto my iphone 5 and no joy. Won't get past the intro movie. I downloaded twice, including rebooting, and I have memory available. Running ios 7.

13. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Same to my friend,i can't speak for myself cause i've The non Lite version,but my friend with iPhone 5,iOS 7.0.4 have same problem..i start to' think that ROCKSTAR GAMES has upload on iTunes(without know it) The same incompatible version that they pulled from The store time ago,if i'm wrong,Someone else have play after update running iOS 7?

14. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #3594 oldsnake, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    What OS you running?iOS 6x,iOS 7x?
    They add retina on iPhone 4/4s,and if you running iOS 7,it lags cause iOS 7 use much more memory of you're device than iOS 6,this is a major problem,not for this game,but for all The games,The devs had to' optimized they're Apps for iOS 7,this is a bad problem!i've lot of GAMES that i play on iOS 6 without any lags,that run so smooth,i try them Now with iOS 7,and they lags.. It's all up to' The devs..

15. ArtOfPanik

ArtOfPanik New Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Spain
    I'm running iOS 7. It sucks so much. I shouldn't have updated my iPhone to iOS 7. Like you, I have a lot of games and apps that doesn't work as good as they used to. In fact, most of them are completely unplayable because of how much lag they can achieve. Anyway, thank you so much for your answer. I was hoping it wasn't iOS 7's fault. Not entirely, at least.

16. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    if can help,sometimes,for some games,if you close all apps running in the background,and reboot you're devices not help,for me ( only on some game)and after do a backup of you're data(savegames) disinstall,then reinstall some games(better with iTunes) solve some problems,of lags,stability issues,a fresh download directly on iOS 7 helps me,iPhone 5,iOS 7.0.4..

17. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Still no multitasking. Close the app to answer a text and there goes your progress. Mannnnn

18. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Another reason why I always say idevices are not proper portable consoles. Expect this to happen! Unless you are on a droid device.

19. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Another update,they add this time iPhone 5/5s widescreen support?I deleted from my iPhone 5 cause last update they doesn't added support for 4 inch devices..someone know if it's been optimized for?Tnx

20. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    aaaaand the answer is: no. no 4 inch support.