Universal Alien Tribe 2 - A 4X Real-Time Strategy Space Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ritter, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Thank you for the great response. Beta testing is now closed for the next Alien Tribe 2 version!

2. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    The new update is coming soon...

We are working hard on the next update and the beta version will be available to all beta testers hopefully next week. This will be by far the biggest update with a lots of changes, new stuff, easier handling etc.

The next update should improve the game in three ways:

1. Easier introduction for new players / better information management / alerts

If you don't know the game and if you don't play the tutorial some people didn't know what to do. We have now some hints and messages (also warnings) for the user. For example: People have built the arkship but they didn't know to escape through the black hole. Well it is documented in the in-game help but now the user will see a short message. We also have several other hints/ alerts for the user.

2. Difficulty / Balancing
    We changed a couple of things with the difficulty and balancing and it should be more balanced now. Especially the energy clouds should be less aggressive in the beginning. This update also introduces a new station which helps if one of the Malloc attacks destroyed half of your defense.

3. Less micro-management
    We tried to reduce micro-management in several ways. For example you can now do research from the quick panel. Also a lot of other small changes.

We did also some updates on graphics, new sound fx and lot of other small changes. We also fixed a bug which could cause a crash. Also a few nice surprises.

We still have a few things that we want to implement like Game Center Achievements and a save slot for the game. The problem with the save slots for the game are the GEOs because if you find one you can use it also in an other game and it causes problems with the save slot. But this is just a logical / technical issue and we will find a solution.

What else do you wish for the next update? We would like to hear the small and efficient things which can be done in less than 2 days programming. ;-)

3. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Could we get a "Go to" button for the ships?
    When a new ship is build it will wait near the planet. To it to move somewhere I will have to go to the planet first, then move the ship.
    Could we get something where a tap onto the new ship in the list will tell it to "go somewhere"?

4. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    #144 ritter, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    We found a good solution for the "Go button" issue. It will be in the next update and it will work like this:

1. Drag from a planet from the shortcut panel to a point on the galaxy / solar system
    2. The planet's build menu opens and you can start to build a ship
    3. After the build is finished the ship will move to point the user selected / dragged to

What do you think about this?

5. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Update 1.2 coming soon

Hi dear gamers,

I can now proudly announce that the next update is nearly ready to release. It brings many improvements and some changes. Furthermore there is an additional build option included in the update: The Construction Base. It let you build all guns and some important infrastructure components in the surrounding arrea.

Still beta testing.

Greetings,
    Stefan

6. 3Dayo

3Dayo Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Re:Update 1.2 coming soon

Good to know!!, would you mind giving an approximate ETA?
    The construction base idea sounds interesting!

7. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    We think beta testing will be done by the end of this week and then we will contact some sites for a review. The new version is really great and has a lot of new features / changes (I think 20+ changes). We also have to do some video tutorials.

8. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Save slots

Unfortunately we have a short delay for the next update. It has been tested so far and the response is awesome. Thank you for all the people who were involved in the beta testing.

But why the delay? We finally have to decided to add a save slot to the game for the next release. Yes, you can now save the game to a special slot and reload it later. After we have integrated this we will have a new test run and then we are hunting for some reviews of the big websites. :)

9. 3Dayo

3Dayo Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Awwwww, I was really looking forward to it this week!
    How many save slots will there be?

10. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi 3Dayo,

I implemented one save slot. You can set your savepoint via the ingame menu and you can load your savepoint from the main menu.
    When you win the game your savegame and your savepoint are both deleted.

Best regards,
    Stefan

11. 3Dayo

3Dayo Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Hi guys,
    Its been a couple of weeks? any news on the update?

12. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi 3Dayo,

I have to do one small graphics change, then the update is done.
    We hope to get a preview on one of the big game sites (keep your fingers crossed). After that we can make the update public - I think in about 2 weeks...

@all: When you like the game please help us with good reviews to get such a big preview.

Best wishes,
    Stefan

13. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Game Impressions

It is basically my fault that we have this delay. But it is worth the wait we have over 40+ changes from graphics to sound to gameplay etc. The new version will be submitted by the end of the week.

We have created a couple of new videos for Alien Tribe 2. Here is the first one:

Alien Tribe 2 - Gameplay: Building a defense - 4X RTS Space Game

Alien Tribe 2 - Gameplay: Attack of the Malloc - 4X RTS Space Game (iPad)

More Videos to follow:

14. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Game Impressions

The newest version of Alien Tribe 1.2 has been submitted to Apple today. It has more than 40+ changes and we are really excited what you think of this version.

All that we need now is a review - so if anybody can help us it would be awesome. And if anybody from TouchArcade is reading this - you will receive an email for a review reques once the App is approved by Apple :)

Here is a new video:

Alien Tribe 2 - Gameplay: Research Center & Terraformer

15. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi dear players,

we designed a new website especially for ALIEN TRIBE 2:

http://www.alientribe2.com

The site is not finished at the moment but you can already see the patch details for v1.2 at 'Blog' (and much more).

The Update should be released in about 2 weeks.

Best wishes,
    Stefan

16. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Release Date

New version will be available April 17th 2014. Here are my personal Top 5 new features of version 1.2:

- New build option: construction base
    - Rallye points for new built spaceships
    - Savepoint for loading / saving
    - New research options
    - Stations link now automatically when built

17. 3Dayo

3Dayo Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Great News!

I cant wait for the 17th!
    Thanks!!

18. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    The countdown is running - only 5 more days to wait! We also think about porting the game to the iPhone but we want first to test if a complex game like this works on the iPhone.

What do you think, would you play this game on the iPhone?

19. 3Dayo

3Dayo Member

Jan 25, 2014
    I dont use an iPhone

My phone is an Android but I'm not sure I would want to play a 4X game on a phone, I prefer tablets for serious games. In my opinion, phones are for playing games to while away time..

20. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    v1.2 is out

Hi,

Alien Tribe 2 v1.2 has been released now. At the time i write this lines the App state is 'Processing for App Store', but the update will appear in the AppStore shortly.

Sorry for let you wait so long. But we did a lot of changes and enhancements at the game and then there were a lot of things to do before the release. You know ... review requests and such stuff. But finally IT IS OUT NOW. :D

As we already said: we have a new ALIEN TRIBE 2 homepage. Sadly it has no forum. There was a forum for the first part of ALIEN TRIBE but all the spammers were not fun (also with captchas). Our URL is http://www.alientribe2.com.

For everyone who wants to support us: Please write a review at the AppStore or at Metacritics (http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/alien-tribe-2-the-4x-rts-space-game/user-reviews) or both.

I almost forgot to mention: we make a special sale from 14th of April to the 21st.

Tell us what you think about the new version,
    Stefan