Universal Monster Adventures - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    A friend and I *really* enjoyed this game for a while, but the multiplayer bugs were just a showstopper for me, and I stopped recommending it unless these were fixed. For example, we could never once play the cliffs together, as it said she hadn't yet cleared the way but she had and we could both play the cliffs on our own. Furthermore, actually connecting was just a horrific experience, and because you had to do it *every single time* you wanted to play a round we finally abandoned it because we were spending longer trying to connect than actually playing the game. Really sad because like I said, we enjoyed it.

2. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #1022 Mess, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    Thanks for all the answers, helps a lot :)

Thats a shame, but being selfish it's good I can now try for free. If I enjoy playing it, never played Pokemon but like the genre, I will drop some coin on IAP (presume there is some!)

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm sorry to hear it, it honestly was a very interesting game to me which I purchased right away as all of your games are usually deep and great. For me it had too many critical problems which stopped me playing and I never returned to it.

When it was released sadly I could never get far as the game was crashing losing all progress at random occasions and I know you tried fixing all of these but to be released like that made me delete it to make space sadly. I hope the two upcoming games are better tested.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #1024 JCho133, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    This is like the only 4saken game that wasn't featured in 2013. It's stupid it wasn't featured bc it deserved it. If it was featured I bet you all my money it would have made it to the top 25

5. Maverik

Maverik Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    That's sad. Once the crashes were fixed the game was one of my staple go to's for some time. I did notice the lack of compelling plot made it less compelling to come back though. By far the largest driver was optimizing my monsters and catching all the moves. A little more story would have been nice.

6. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    u should should push harder & tell the world about the osx version of your games !
    no one knows about it... even me .. a fans of forsaken media .. i used Appzapp pro to track u guys' release

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Bought it on release and while I believe Block Fortress remains your best work, followed closely by Heroes & Castles, Monster Adventures is still fun and charming. While it's a good game...idk, it just never hooked me in the way that BF and H&C did.

But I'm still happy to have supported such hardworking and consistent devs either way. Hope the sale brings a nice influx of new players

8. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    i think this game would had been much more appealing to the mass if u used high res texture and modern style to do it ..

many people just doesnt into this kind of cartonnic low res feeling graphic

9. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    do u have an apple id ? i want someone to have some mutiplay session with me , and i can help u rush through the levels

10. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    same here , but those connection issue is fixed on the update at Nov

i no longer disconnect from a game when i am half way through forest level 1 ....

11. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Another fantastic game. This one didn't suck me in right out of the gate like H&C and BF. Especially after doing a good run, then going into a boss tile and getting rocked. It burns when you lose all those items. Turns out that's also what makes it insanely fun. And now I can't stop playing.

I can safely say this game belongs amongst its legendary brethren.

12. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Been playing Monster Adventures, and I like to say that it's a lot more fun than I thought!

Although it starts off a bit hard, it gradually becomes more manageable.

I found these objectives to be really good for starting out:

1 - Equip 4 essences. Buy them from the vendor person and equip them right away, you don't want to fall behind in stats.

2 - Catch monsters often. Once you net all of the blobs, you get new active skills, but most importantly, also passive skills. Passive skills are great for getting through the rest of the game. Once you've got a checkmark over them, you can just resume to kill them for more gold and buy better nets, etc.

3 - Once you leveled up so you can beat the bosses on the first and second level, attempt to get a healing spell quickly. Buy the Grass element from the wizard, and use it for Meadows. You want to either catch enough bloomer type monsters for Photosynthesis, or get enough Batts/Stratts to get Vampirism. It is important to get healing, as you might not have enough money for apples, and having your health topped off every time you enter a new square will help immensely.

4 - Get counter attack. Not only does it negate half the damage in the game, you can also use it as a lazy way to kill enemies that are very resistant to melee attacks. (Spikes and Charging Turtle thingys.) It also does insane amounts of damage for a quick and mana efficient move. Definitely a must get.

5 - Buy only the essences you need from the first tier, or grt the rares. The middle ones won't change a life and death situation, and saving your money for the highest tier allows better level ups, especially if you have a new monster lying around.

13. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hi FM! :)

Nothing new for this one? :)
    Im so excited for the uncoming update for Bug Heroes 2, too! :D

14. lukerox

lukerox Member

Feb 7, 2014
    How do I get the flower head

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Buy it from the vendor, or get lucky and get it while you're adventuring

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hey Foursaken,
    I recently re-downloaded this game because I felt myself craving it :)

I'm glad that it is still an amazing game, but could you please fix up the mountain wall between the rock area and the wizard? You can walk right through it, and although this can't be exploited for anything, it's still a bad thing to be able to walk into blackness endlessly.

Also, every time I enter meadow level 2, the game crashes. I had multiple blob allies each time, which I think was the cause of the issue.
    After reloading the game I can start level 2 again (which isn't a problem, as I had just begun level 2 anyway) as per usual.
    * I can enter meadows level 2 by not using blob allies, but I thought you should know.

One last thing- when I walk into things there seems to be a LOT of friction with the obstacle- I feel as though there shouldn't be that instant stop, but instead be 'slippery', where your character just slides off it/around it...kinda hard to describe...

Thanks again for the great game.

17. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
  18. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
  19. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I am going to re download and get back into this game. Definitely a ton of fun, even if Bug Heroes 2 stole me away.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey fm any plan on dropping this to free? There are iaps in the game. I so wanna play this game!