Spiderman Unlimited

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    As far as the game itself goes, then yes, it's a terrific game. However, I recently redownloaded it, and much to my dismay, I found that there was no sound anymore. I remember that this issue existed at the launch of iOS 7, but I thought it had been fixed with a recent update, but I guess I thought wrong... Anyway, it's still a great game, but if the sound thing would bug you, now you know what to expect.

I'm definitely interested in the game's premise, since, apart from Batman and a few others, Spider-Man is the one comic book character that could justify a game centered around alternate versions of him (it's not for nothing that Marvel's Spider-event of the year, Spider-Verse, has pretty much that same premise), even though most of the alternate costumes of Spidey shown on that trailer aren't necessarily alternate versions of him, but rather different outfits that he wore at different periods of his "career" (the Future Foundation uniform, the Captain Universe uniform, the Big Time green one. Only the two Scarlet Spiders - Kaine and Ben - can be considered different characters). Spider-Man's particular power set might lend this endless runner - a genre that's been, pardon the pun, run to the ground lately - a different flavor, so it's got that going for it too.

However, and I hate to keep harping on this point, my acquiring this game at this point hinges on it having a constant requirement like other GL games: I realise it's probably Gameloft's policy at this point to include this requirement with any future games, and I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment here by hoping that this will be playable offline, but yeah, can't really justify the purchase (or download if it turns out to be F2P) if that's in there. Just my two cents...

I'll definitely be on the lookout for any news this week during E3!

2. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I was finally able to get some extended time with the game at E3 and I honestly think the game is balanced and brings a good mixture of elements to the runner genre. It's not just another Minion Rush, it brings a lot more to the table.

Between the collecting of suits, events, story mode, leveling up, etc. this game could keep me busy for a really long time.

From what I've seen the game has got a lot of content planned in the long run, so it should be able to keep you occupied. I also like the fact that we are keeping a cool comic book vibe with the game.

3. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Has anything been said regarding a potential constant online connection requirement? I've done my best to read every preview/E3 report, but none of them mentioned anything regarding it...

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Do we have any news on this release? A date maybe?

5. September (to match with Spidey-verse un comics) freemium game.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I think gameloft are going all out with online connections but they did remove it on the other Spider-Man.....I think captain America would do better without it too.

Just puts so many people off,

7. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Die runners/match3/on-rails and other crappy lazy genres, DIE!

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Generally they are and only two ever kept my attention for a while, I'll still try this but never hold my hopes up for a runner type.

9. New trailer :http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku3iMq1CMoM
    Its still a runner, right, but, i think with the web swing, it can add his personal touch to the genre.
    And man, i love the art style (mayhem style)

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Thanks for the video! Im pretty amped!

11. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    It looks pretty.

And boring.

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    "crappy lazy genres". Wow.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    We get you dont like it the last time you posted. :D

14. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Just wanted to comment on this and say that with the Web Slinging and combat aspects you can definitely add your own flair to your runs.

I had a blast previewing the game at E3 and am really looking forward to this game coming out later this summer.

We also just teased a few villains on Facebook that you'll be fighting against in the game, so if you haven't make sure you like the game page! https://www.facebook.com/SpiderManUnlimitedGame

15. Thx, looks even more awesome.
    Can you tell us 2 things ?

Adds or not ?
    Permanent online connection or not ?

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  17. Gameloft_Kyle

Gameloft_Kyle Active Member

Hi all!

Glad you all are excited for the recently revealed Spider-Men that will available in the game.

Those 9 are just the tip of the iceberg! A few more will be revealed before the game launches. Plus, there will be a constant release of new content, and new Spider-Men, after launch. :D

Also, just to clarify one thing - Spider-Men characters can't be purchased in-game. Unlike in TASM2, where suits were IAP, the characters in SMU can be summoned through a portal as you play the game.

18. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait, what? Are we talking like a Skylanders style physical "portal" device where we will have to buy the device and figures for the characters we want in the game?

19. What on earth are you talking about ? The portal is in the story...