Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    i dont know the exact deal about the increases but i have a theory.. lets say its 2000hp trevor and pow hp says 33% increase..

2000hp
    x .33%
    -------------
    +660 hp additional increase <<<<its an invisible number that will not be shown but it will be added

2. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    #602 joseph1234, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    add me please

hey guys add me too (android and if possible on iOS too)
    [​IMG]
    [email protected]

i added hooked and spiel minutes ago(i dont know if its successful though)
    christianM,whats your email bro? if not you can just add me

3. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    sorry man, I think my internet connection is abit suspect..

4. oneasian

oneasian Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2014
    I'm a big fan of the Gunner Unit. I use it in combination with Clark and the Iron ISO to start matches.

For 80AP it can take a lot of damage and its melee does great damage

5. Spiel Chow

Spiel Chow Active Member

Jul 9, 2014
    what's your email address?

6. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #606 Emuchu, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

@dabossofu: Against a rush deck with many small units, I can usually get J.King around 82 seconds and Morden around 78, because killing units awards AP. Big units usually start pouring out soon after the first MSA trade, which is why Titan decks usually play conservatively until then. I'm on iOS and v1.3, though, I dunno about Android people.

Here, some screenshots from the game I just played.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I forgot to get a screenie of the results screen, but I'm at 680 wins against an opponent at 600 wins.

I'm on the left, spawning big stuff. I could've probably done it more optimally, too, like swapping that Slug Gunner for a Caterpillar. I don't see what's unusual about the screens you posted, but maybe I'm missing something?

EDIT: In Daboss' second match, it looks like his opponent just reacted late to a rush. He was stacking 1200-ish AP, but you got to his base early and he spawned his J.King and Caterpillar too late. It's a sign of inexperience, not sore-loser hacking.

7. christianM

christianM Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    i added u already bro see u in game haha

8. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #608 Emuchu, Jul 25, 2014

Calm down, guy. I don't want to get defensive on an Internet forum about a game, but please stop accusing the players here of being hackers. We're all peers, here, and I'm just trying to figure out why your experience with this game seems to conflict with my own and the general attitude of this forum.

It's a given that weird stuff happens in this game all the time--double MSAs and weird summons and what have you, but from the beginning, I've been arguing that we're seeing glitchy stuff related to the game itself and it's high desync rate and not a conscious hacking attempt, and I believe this because I think more players would be complaining of hacking if there really was a 90% hacker rate, where I would guess the hacking rate to be below 1%.

But this is all moot because we're playing different versions of the game on different platforms, so I'd like to hear what other Android players are experiencing.

EDIT: I can hit 1800 AP at 82 seconds, so far, but I'm having trouble finding experienced players in 1.3 who are still running small-mid decks, so I'll keep trying to hit 2300. I'm pretty sure it's possible.

9. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012

It's alright, I can understand the frustration. Uh... No, I don't think iOS and Android can play each other. MSD uses GameCenter and Google Play for their matchmaking and not their own SNK servers.

iOS and Android users are completely isolated from each other, so I don't know what you're experiencing over there.

10. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    hey guys.. im sorry to ask because im such a newb on this stuff,

during a friendly game on MSD(on android,and iOS if possible) is it one player invites you and you join like this scenario:

1)one sends an invite, is the other player notified about him being invited?
    one player must be the "host" and the other "guest" type matchmaking

or scenario 2
    2)both of you will try to or must invite each other

patrick and I tried last time and im such a failure.. the closest thing that happenned is it got to a point where it seems to connect(it got to MetalSlug Defense background player wait mode and not on google background) then it disconnects...
    I kind of need some briefing about this stuff so any help would be appreciated(android and iOS users)
    i want to prevent this disconnect stuff from happening ever again(frustrated here)

oh btw In have 3 acquiantances as of now..
    hooked(sorry about last time mate :( )
    spiel chow (you messaged me hours after i added you, requesting for a game.. sorry about that too(maybe time difference perhaps)
    and
    christianM <<latest to add (si jollibee ata bro :) )

11. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    On iOS, it's scenario 1. It goes like so:

P1: open MSD > Wi-Fi Versus > Friend Match > Select Friend > Okay
    P2: gets a BRIEF notification > clicks it > waits

12. christianM

Jun 20, 2014
    #612 christianM, Jul 25, 2014
    yes bro jollibee pic hehe. i also tried to invite u but no response.

regarding number 1 scenario, since i invited u did u receive any?

13. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    i added you into my circles so just look me up bro ill be on your list.. :)

14. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    hey thanks again Emuchu,your a big help and btw another question...
    lets say your in another game, in the middle of the match a friend invites you... does the notification appear or does it appear ONLY in the friendly match lobby?

15. joseph1234

Jun 27, 2014
    what time did you invite me bro? sorry but no notification appeared to me... give me time to tinker about this friendly match making stuff so i can adjust.. before you know it i'll be the one thats gonna make a way for us to have a match :)

16. christianM

Jun 20, 2014
    #616 christianM, Jul 25, 2014
    I invited u around 10 something or 11 am something this morning. Do we need to have our both msd app to n open? Seems like this friendly matches procrdure is not so user friendly lol

17. watashi101

watashi101 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    @Emuchu FYI I encountered a Korean-named player who spawned Morden+Catapillar at game time 96, so shocked to me that I didn't take a screenshot. Luckily there's just 2 of them and it's at 1.2, so with some good manipulation of Trevors and SamTanks, I finally made a win.

While it is certainly beyond an explainable situation, I sincerely think it is a connection problem rather than a hack. To think it simple: why wouldn't a cheating player spawn all units right from start, just to save some time for the next match?

I tried a few friendly matches but cannot reproduce the situation though. Right now just confirmed the cool down time will be reset. I shall post a video up if I succeed making one.

18. Spiel Chow

Spiel Chow Active Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Wow, found new hacker on android ... i purposely rematch let him win one more time so i can post screenshot.

this is the start to show my base is full hp and i purposely send early units to make him use his trick

[​IMG]

while i going over ... my base already almost destroy by nothing ... something like invisible canon directly hitting my base ... got sound effect

[​IMG]

i lost the game without he even need to touch my base ... fantastic game ...

[​IMG]

19. christianM

Jun 20, 2014
    i experienced this a few times even on the previous versions. but i play with no sound so i will not be able to know. seems like ur awake now can we try some friendlies? hehe

20. christianM

Jun 20, 2014
    haist..i just encounter this player named T.Katori. and seems like his hover unit has no cooltime. i mean he is able to send 1 hover unit after another like its unlimited. i dont have hover unit myself but i dont think its possiible coz i know it needs 240ap. and he can also release high ap units at the same time. anyone can enlighten me?