Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Was wondering are you guys running mono colored teams or mix and match based on alignment or something completely third?

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I am almost always multi but often only red
    and blue, unless a certain challenge calls for something else. I was almost mono blue last week for instance. I don't pick a color strategy
    so much as play the best I've got and that work together well.

3. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Ok, guess my issue is that I don't really see what works good together, so I am just using mono teams right now.

4. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    There are often bonus boosts for everyone of a certain color or alignment, like with the princesses, so that was what I was referring to. It'll be obvious from your charactrers' passive ability descriptions if there's anything to take advantage of.

5. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    In my opinion it doesn't make sense to mix elements until you have enough legendary fables at high enough level to compensate for the lack of +Health% that you get in a mono team.

6. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Interesting. Since my first draw ever was BBW I never had to worry about health, so I hadn't thought of that.

7. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    What kind of elixir enhancers do you guys go for ?

Offensive or defensive ? and which type ?

8. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    am wondering if its worth the effort to try and reroll today to get merlin ?

9. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1129 houseofg, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    Well I'm petty sure it's your absolute best chance to get Merlin, but that still doesn't make it a good one at all. Probably is the best day to use gems if you're going to use them for a roll. Plus I see that those VERY useful link makers are in the mix. I might take a swing or two myself for the heck of It. I don't really need them for anything else.

Edit: I got a Prince Charming and a Lancelot. Didn't have either and really wanted the latter, so, not bad.

Edit part deux: okay, rolled one more time and got a Rapunzel which I also didn't have. No 3 stars, and useful!

10. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I don't think there a right answer to this because it depends on your team composition and strategy, but I have always leaned offensive (crit). That said, used a friend with a 6% block the other day and couldn't believe how many times it proc'd, so I added that to my team as well.

I do think the health, and maybe power, are not worth it.

11. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Thank you for that, i have been going health and power on mine but not really seeing that big a benefit so was wondering if it was the right move.

Had 5 stones on my account to pulled and got red riding hood, not really sure if i will be using her but am currently trying to level up a team of each color to be able to avoid having to fight with a disadvantage and as i dont have an all round leader i figured this was the best strategy.

Will continue to see if i cant get merlin on another account and then bind it to facebook :D

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    RRH, like all link makers, is VERY useful. As I mentioned recently, it is very rare that I don't use her, but I do bias red. Now that I have Lancelot I can do the same with blue teams.

13. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    The only red Leader i have is the red starter and not really sure how strong that team will be when leveled

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Doesn't necessarily matter who your leader is. Feel free to send me a friend request. My 110 Phoenix Prince will give you some red oomph!

pssbW1T9Jh

15. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Request sent, and I pulled queen Snow White on the alternative device

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Nice. Okay, I assume you are Waz and accepted.

17. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Hehe yea.. I just punch in stuff when retooling for a good starter and didn't get around to change it..

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1138 houseofg, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Alright, drew my very own Merlin. I decided to finally spend a few bucks on this game given how long and frequently I've played it. I did the $10 for 12 thing. The first draw was some sort of dreck like the pirate dude. Then came my Merlin. Do you think it ups your odds to pay for the gems? If so they should promote/be honest about that fact.

19. elved

elved Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    The naive part of me hopes that it's purely random but with games like this you can never be 100% sure

20. Raistailin

Raistailin Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I've gotten pretty good draws as a non-IAP player. So, it's probably highly random.

Got Queen Guinevere last night, drawing for Merlin. Not sure how to fit her into many of my teams, maybe as a healer for Goldilocks (I'll have Jack and Brownweave Bear, so lots of link regeneration there)

Edit: For those wondering, you do not cap out at 99 Friend Draws. I'm at 103 right now.