Movie Industry - a mobile game about running a film studio.Looking for your feedback!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JustaDevil, Apr 22, 2014.

1. JustaDevil

JustaDevil Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Hungry for some Blade Runner vibe? Here's one of our latest sets.

[​IMG]

2. RhapsodyGames

RhapsodyGames Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    Since Qwertz is not interested in beta-testing you get the prize :). Send us you email via private messages and we'll send you an invite as soon as the testing starts.

3. rodens48

rodens48 Member

May 22, 2014
    when is it set to release?
    you said august-september, and now we are at the end of september, is there a delay?

4. JustaDevil

JustaDevil Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Thanks for asking! IThere is a delay, unfortunately. As it happened with many dev teams before us (and surely will happen in the future) we decided to put more effort into polishing the game and adding more content. I hope we'll be able to share the game in mid november. In the meantime we'll be posting content updates to keep everyone excited.

5. rodens48

rodens48 Member

May 22, 2014
    Hey is there any news? it's almost 2015 i'm still following your game

6. MitsuharuSan

MitsuharuSan New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Same here, actually. I would like to think that this game isn't cancelled or something.

7. rodens48

rodens48 Member

May 22, 2014
    well their last activity in this website was in october, so i don't think they see this messages

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Why dont you contact them via their website ?

9. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I think that is a good place to start but it's strange that they haven't been in this thread since October. I only just found out about this game and from the looks of those pictures and all it is certainly right up my alley. Wonder if they've abandoned the development/release of the game. Funding issue? If it is I hope they'll let us know soon. I would gladly pay if they intend to make it premium. :)

10. MitsuharuSan

MitsuharuSan New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Well, this was supposed to be the "official thread", so it's not unreasonable to ask for news here, I think. The developers themselves promised some updates a while ago, so...

11. RhapsodyGames

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    #71 RhapsodyGames, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Update

Hello, guys!

Thank you for comments and suggestions. I am pleased to announce that we've entered an open beta stage. Currently the game is only available online at Russian social network Vkontakte. And yes, there is no English translation for the time being.

We will release an international version for Facebook in a couple of months and iOS/Android in summer.

Those of you who are wondering why we've decided to publish on social first: the main reason is marketing costs and overall competition in mobile space. We want to bring the best possible version for iOS and Android and this means that we have to test it on other platforms first.

Here's a couple of new images from our game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MitsuharuSan

MitsuharuSan New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Great! Thanks for the update, can't wait to try the game when it comes to iOS! :)

13. RhapsodyGames

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    We'll keep you posted on that :).

14. RhapsodyGames

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    #74 RhapsodyGames, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Update on development process

[​IMG]

Hey guys!

Just want you to know, we are hard at work with iOS and Android versions of the game. Currently we've tested all game mechanics and fixed all the bugs we could find.

During our open beta stage in Russian social networks we've gathered a lot of feedback from gamers and moviegoers. Based on it we rebalanced our game and added cool new mechanics, such as:

- Character training (previously characters gained exp. points only when they were working on movies);
    - Daily and weekly festivals: if you get to the 1st place in weekly festival, your name and photo will be seen on a blimp and a billboard in all Movie Studios of the world;
    - Item transmute: you'll be able to re-roll items, you don't need.

This is just a small glimpse at what we were able to achieve during our social "soft-launch". Trust me, the game is great and I can't wait to show it to you.

Now for our development schedule. I'll try to break it into few key milestones:
    1. Implementing SDKs for iOs, Google Play and Facebook. We need Facebook to sync your progress
    2. Open beta for Facebook and Android users;
    3. Release on Facebook and Google Play;
    4. Open beta for iOs users;
    5. Release on App Store.

We don't have an ETA for our open betas, but our team is working really hard to bring Movie Industry to you.

15. RhapsodyGames

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    [​IMG]
    Here's a little work in progress animation of one of our key characters. What do you think about it?

16. runningbird

runningbird Member

Apr 27, 2015
    I think the game needs some unique winning conditions that challenge gamers of different types. The idea is not bad at all.

17. RhapsodyGames

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    We have different types of leaderboards that take into account different gameplay approaches. We also have daily and weekly contests, where you can show the world, that you are the best movie producer in the world.

18. RhapsodyGames

Apr 22, 2014
    Russia, Moscow
    [​IMG]
    Here's another animation. This time it's Olivia – the screenwriting genius.

Off-topic question: Do you think that we should work on adding chat to Movie Industry?

19. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    No one uses chat, believe me it's a mindless feature! I don't know the exact level you hope to reach regarding social interaction & multiplayer, but if it's bar-none then don't focus on chat

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    You're wrong, social games need a chat function. If you're making a game where you work with or compete with people you need chat. MC5, DH5, Marvel champions, class of clans clones, and plenty of other games benefit from it. It's other players that keep people playing these kinds of games.