Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. TheSorRoW

TheSorRoW Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I noticed that the production speed of the ostricth and camel slug has been reduced .. They have a fast production speed (they load faster than Nadia) and it seemed spamable together .. I haven't used it online cuz I'm waiting to sync to my Google account on my other device where I am more advanced in regard of units but I know this units tend to be weak.. But I mean.. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot wouldn't it?

2. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Seen some people running them, imo they're still fodder, they die too quickly. At least Nadia is reliably able to knock out a stack of Hyakutaro.

3. casualgamer27

casualgamer27 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thank you hyun for convincing me to get nadia. Definitely a great unit for my pf deck. I think there are enough pf units to make a pf deck, at least a competitive one for 2v2.

Anyone been having alot of issues with the game lately? I have encountered these problems recently...

1.Sometimes my account name in the game only shows up as - - - - - (dashed line)

2. one of my opponents would have the same game id as me.. Like mirror image shown before the battle starts

3.Third problem is probably a hacker.. I've encountered a partner that spawns the same units that I have on my team, but they don't seem to cost them any ap. Ex they spawn root Mars and all my high ap units in beginning of match

4. About 1 in 5 games IL be the only person to have a score of 2000 points or greater while everyone else (including teamate) only gets 200 points. Does that mean I d/c or everyone else did?

4. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    #2524 xmani3k, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    My another strange weird choice of unit. It's DANGLING SNAIL :D Like the fact that it can not hurts by almost all entry-level units, except of course IORI's special, but somehow rarely use it thing. The snail has a pretty good attack in the form of carpet bombing of acid rain :D, it turns out particularly effective when the two of them. Also has good damage done by its self-destruction. And undisputed plus is immune to MSA. Of course it's not S+, but brings fun and diversity into gameplay.
    Example Video 1
    Example Video 2

5. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Awkward it seems like I've never even tiered the Dangling Snail, I'll get to right away. It seems to be easily countered by the rushing of the Special Forces Bikers, and the triple missiles launched by the Airborne Melty Honey. Seems like, no offense, you got pretty lucky in those videos. Nevertheless, I'll have to observe for myself.

6. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    error

i cant seem to upload pictures in this new layout on touch, been buggy on my phone.. i had a hard time doing my review/strategy guide this time so im sad to say itll be delayed yet again..(been writing up for almost 30mins then when i upload my pics it restarted again).. ill try to learn it more or use my laptop maybe tommorrow to post ..

7. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    So, I went out and bought the dangling snail on a separate account. Seems like the Dangling Snail does have a good dps output, and maybe a Hyakutaro counter. However, there some glaring problems that hinders it's ability in the tier.

1. Hi-Do, absolutely will wreck the Dangling Snail in both normal attacks and special attacks and seeing how frequent Hi-Do is, big problem
    2. Karn/Shoe, another common pair that are easily able to knock the snails down.
    3. Airborne Melty Honey, its special is practically taking potshots at the snails.
    4. Slug Flyer, obvious counter.
    5. Brain Robot, normal attack will strike the snail.
    6. Black Hound, normal attack will strike the snail.
    7. Special Force Biker runs underneath the snail, causing it to suicide uselessly.
    8. Iori, any very fast movement ground units can do the same.
    A lot of common counters, but it could play a good role in the early game. I would currently place the Dangling Snail either at a Low B or a high C.

8. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    A P.F Deck is actually not bad at all in 1v1, here's my P.F Deck I run (Never do though, not my style):

1. Hyakutaro
    2. Slugnoid
    3. Nadia
    4. Drill Slug
    5. Kyo Kusanagi
    6. Goro Daimon
    7. Slug Gunner (Thanks to Chigga, was originally Protogunner)
    8. Elephant Slug
    9. Augenstern
    10. Rootmars

And for your problems, here's some answers/solutions:
    1. Just try tapping your home screen and come back to the game, that usually fixes it for me.
    2. Weird match up bug, it should usually boot you out of the game if you get a mirror match in 2v2 by going to your home screen.
    3. Home screen, I wouldn't even try to be teammates with a hacker, even though it's a free win.
    4. Everyone d.ced, if you d.ced you would either get the normal You lost transmission screen, or booting you to your phone home screen

9. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    Wow great minds think alike.. Lol

My deck only has two differences.. I got slug flyer in for slug gunner and zombie Marco for fun instead of the drill slug. I was thinking about trying Bradley but that doesn't hit air units. The red shobus and air units seem to give me trouble if enemy send them early on.

I think pf decks are really strong in early stages. Kyo with his invincibility frames In special can counter lots of ground units and get you the early edge in ap. I've been earning tons of medals with this deck

O ok so those issues are nothing new then. Glad to know I'm not the only one facing these problems.

10. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    As always, good job, Hyun! :cool:

11. divaio9191

divaio9191 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    You are guys talking about pf deck, i saw on mine and i need 4 units to be all rebel deck, anyone played that? Will work? Or better is mix than all the same unit? I mean this if all rebel:

- Iori
    - Mature
    - Lv armor
    - di-cokka f
    - Shoe
    - Karn
    - Patrol bot
    - Hi-do
    - donald morden
    - Jupiter king

Or put there girdia-o, airborne melt honey, allen/c allen, r-shobu/rr-shobu, but will work vs better players?

12. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    #2532 casualgamer27, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Rebel decks have been popular a while ago. If you look through old posts you will see there are many examples listed. You are missing and need more lower ap units like 25 to 90 range

I think mix decks are still the strongest; however, a good deck isn't just all about including top tier units.

It's only recently that pf decks are more common now due to new pf units and buffs. I'm only using a pf deck because I'm bored of my other decks and tired of seeing the same units always being used

13. SRaven

SRaven Active Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I used the dimpling sneil at the beginning of my adventure.

Without suicide it would be overpowered unit (NO counter in early game, with that and a MSA blicker like girida-o you would win the game...)

Unfortunately it suicide each time a fast unit come below it and 90% of the time it is useless as it hit nibody...

But I will try it again tomorrow to see if it was buffed...

By the way... after 1 week I learned mature timing (is pretty tricky to use her properly as her long range attack hass TOO long range). Is amazing to see how her block biker and huyakaturo (or how is spelled) i early game and brain bot in late game...

LOL

14. SRaven

SRaven Active Member

Feb 20, 2015
    2 notes...
    1) good point for snail: hi-do, karn/shoe... are nit a snail counter as they are late game hunit... snail is errly game unut with whay you call w. Mortar syndrome (useless in late game)

2) bad point: it can't hit hyakutaro as it normally stack behind another unit. When snail arrive to this unit, it will suicide... not enought range to hit hyakutaro...

Snail is an incredibly good short range wall destroyer (sarubia...) and early game clearer (girida, lv armour, ...)

But any melee unit will cause useless suicide and any antiair will destroy in in one shot... so just useless

15. SRaven

SRaven Active Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I think juppiter k and hido doesn't fit toguether...

So I would remove j.k.for an early game unit (if you want the standard rebel deck with no mid game) or girida-f if you want a more smooth transition.

With your deck you will lose before the late game...

Airburne melty honey is a good unit in rebel deck as has high hp so best benefit from 10% bonus, but you have to see if you need a wall (probably yes...)

Rebel deck works... I have one

16. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    That is extremely greedy deck, and greedy decks rarely works without Kyo, Goro, Mature, but two of those units aren't even Rebel. If you go back a several pages, you could see my Scum Deck, it works out pretty well, although people are now able to go head to head with it. The major problem with this deck is the fact you have 6 late game units, and at least for 1v1, that's never a good sign. 2v2, this deck could work, since your partner can help cover you. I would most likely replace the Patrol Bot for Girida-O, and I personally think this deck could work as a Rebel Ramp Deck.

There was a reason why I said maybe counter to Hyakutaro, never did I flat out call Dangling Snail a counter to them :p
    Also, Winter Bazooka Syndrome, W.Mortar is still good for defense in all stages.

Kyo, after SNK made him MSA resistance, makes him an excellent unit to send solo in the early game.

17. casualgamer27

Jan 30, 2015
    Anybody got clues on what units are on the next update? I've been seeing less hackers and my total ranking doesn't appear anymore. Maybe they are working on cross platform between droid and ios?

18. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Usually every other thursday evening in Japan/Korea time, so if it goes by this pattern, it should be this thursday.

19. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Once again Joseph, we meet again, fancy new username eh? Beat me twice, but I beat you I believe again you left the second match. Great use of the Augenstern, definitely awesome at covering Rootmars and tanking Brain Robot's specials.

20. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    hey man, nice meeting you again on 1v1 and thanks, where friends thou so you can see my title:)

you had an interesting starter with the sf rider and mortars,.. And its on a long map too(your luck is better than mine).. i dont know how i manage to win 1st game(just a scrape on your base).. 2nd game i figured it out(still long/mid map)(definitive win)... 3rd game is interupted, i appologize... but you know me bro ill continue it if i could..(and try to get the hangouts app so we could duel/chat anytime:)

my review last night is actually about augensterm and some starter units as well.. its just that my phone wont let me post pics..

im working overtime to finalize it somehow.. and about our match, and also the ones i faced its like im playing on slow motion, a little lag but not barely noticable..