Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That would be brilliant. I back up my save files via an app on my Mac. PhoneView. There are quite a few others and not all require jailbreaking I think. But I did pay for a full version of the app I use. But iCloud seems like a no-brainier.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ughhh I'm dreading getting a new iphone. I'm going to be stuck with 8.3 - 9. I know I'm going to want one eventually...

3. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks for the thoughtful writeups. I think the wife approved me getting a 7 dollar app for Father's Day ;) so should buy jt today

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Please come back and tell us what you think. Remember, it takes some time to learn so be patient with it. It's like a baby :)

And ask if you need help!

5. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Decided against adding this to my rediculous backlog. A game that requires the level of commitment this does, without some way to back up saves...is a deal breaker to me.

6. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    So Finally I bought the game,I'm always buy game at launch to support developers,but this it's not my kind of game,so I decided to give it a try reading the comment from EP,and others.I've only launch the game for 5 minutes just for see,but on iPhone 6 plus,it's blurry,with horrible texture due to device,but,A game,for me,it's not only graphic,so,no problem,but it happen something strange: App size I was already know was 1.1Gb uncompressed,I've installed,to find out that after installation that the game is 1.1Gb,I look in my Setting-General-usage that it's 1.1Gb,but,I've 600Mb less that before downloaded,it the first time it happen this thing,better Disinstalling,then Reinstalling? Anyone experience something similar? Thanks.

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    With large apps, I sometimes find more space is taken up for a while. I use iCleaner to get rid of it, but I think for non-jailbroken devices you can just shut your phone off and restart it. That should clear any cached data.

8. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Thanks,no JB here,i've Shut down My iPhone at last 6 Times,but 600Mb goes away,even if it's 1.1Gb,i've 1.7Gb less.it will never happen Before in Years on iOS.

9. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Before iOS 8.3 that is. You can manually move your save with iFunbox but it's pretty understandable since you can spend 100s of hours playing. And losing that kinda blows.

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    This Game Need Icloud Like no Other games,now more on iOS 8.3.

11. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I haven't been able to grab more than a tutorial mission at a time, sheesh real life go bug someone else ;)

This seems ridiculous, though, 11 different weapon tutorials.... Still working through these. I want to understand what I'm doing as I don't think I'd have a clue if I didn't crawl through these tutorials...

I do like the controls, the slide to different attacks, movements, etc, is genius and I wish other game designers would emulate it.

12. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Once real life decides to take a break bugging you and you get a chance to sit down and put a little more time into it the game becomes more awesome. Nothing like farming that last item to complete that full set of armor you've always wanted.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    And when you finally gotten that last piece you decide to play one more run to test out your armor. Then from that run you get one rare material, so you decide to do a few more runs just to get that next weapon. And when you finally get the weapon, you'll want to do just one run to test drive your new beatstick. And you love it. And so you decide to do just one more run coz you really like the new weapon. After that you realize you are a few more materials to upgrade your new weapon. And you play some more.

It's a vicious cycle, one that's common in MHFU once it starts its hold on you.

14. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Yeah that cycle got a hold of me for 6 straight hours. Then there was online. Nothing like playing with a HR9 dude for 2 of those hours and doing all sorts of quests only communicating through gestures. That feeling of accomplishment too when soloing Shen Gaoren and defending the fort. The feeling of having 1 try left in your group and killing it on the last try. Time to go play more Monster Hunter.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't think I'll ever get to HR9. Forever HR8 :(

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. I'm at HR7 and don't know if I'll find the time to get to HR8 even. Well, the time AND 3 other people who can help me get there.

17. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Nothing like playing online for 2 hours with the same people and speed running so many quests.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Love those moments!

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    That is 100% true. I got way too addicted when I played this on my psp haha Sadly I never beat it back then because I could play with people (horrible Internet) even with 200 hours put into it but now I'm determined.

20. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    wish they update the app and add filesharing so i can restore my previous savegame