Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Thats sounds probable. They could also start some sort of tavern brawl ranking system because as of right now, it holds no real purpose than having fun. I don't mind that cuz I think its neat, but it may grow stale. The win counter adds some depth and longevity. Might also be used for future tavern brawl 'rules' in some way.

Everyone one who can try tavern brawl should; its fun and has a lot of cards you dont normally see that you can play with. Its a little imbalanced as someone mentioned, but its really just for fun and its certainly winnable as either character. Plus one win gets you a free pack so....youd be crazy not to try it.

side note - the first time i tried the tavern brawl, my opponent quit right when it started. I instantly won and got my free pack....i thought it was bugged or something :)

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I have a theory about this because it just happened to me too. I think people do that if they don't draw the hero they want.

3. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yup, currently Rag is seen as inferior, I can win with Rag though so go figure.

Play the weapon out and treat it as an early control deck is my tip.

It's a fun mode, a break from the ladder or arena.

Free too, I just don't get the haters.

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Agreed. It's intense, and a blast no matter which side you play.

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Can't figure out how to switch my card back on the iPhone. I know I've done it before but can't seem to find it now

6. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    They moved it out of the options section. It's in the "my collection" area now.

Tap the drop down menu that sorts cards by class. In that menu you'll find icons to set player avatars and card backs.

7. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    People are starting to figure out how to play Rag. Nef is easy, because you can just play him like an aggro deck. Rag is more of a control deck early on, like you said.

I actually enjoy the Rag deck more, even though I do better with Nef. I guess because pulling off a win with Rag is more satisfying, hehe.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Thank you

9. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Very true. The more i played this first brawl, the more people played better as rag; myself included. He was just harder to initially figure out, but actually feels like a stronger all around deck IMO. Cant wait for the next brawl!

10. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Says "Back in 23 hours" for tavern brawl now. Looking forward to seeing what the next one is going to be.

Do we know if it will always be premade decks, or might we be prompted to make special decks using crazy rules some weeks? If the latter, would that deck be saved in its own slot within the tavern brawl mode during that week?

I would love to see some construct-your-own weeks for tavern brawl. Crazy rules like spells only (no minions allowed) could be fun. Or perhaps a brawl where both players start with full mana crystals, but fatigue kicks in on the first turn. Would be fun to see what kinds of decks people come up with for matches with crazy rules.

11. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    That sounds like fun! I hope future tavern brawls have deck building aspects

12. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Your wish has been granted with BananaRama!!!

I think this is a little of a "lite" version of what is to come. I think this is testing the waters of makeing your own decks and I bet they alternate each week between premade decks and constructed decks. This tavern is going to be a blast for quite a while. All they need to do now is make it to where your wins in the arena actually mean something other than the initial card pack. Now don't get me wrong I'll take a free card pack every week FOR SURE. I've had a few friends open up legendaries from that free pack.

13. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Big announcement tomorrow, gentlemen... most likely the new Argent Tournament expansion :D

In other news... Druid is fun as ever.!

I knew it was coming right from my opening hand:
    [​IMG]

Whoops...
    [​IMG]

14. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This week's tavern brawl is pretty crazy!

Dropping Alextrazsa on turn one (set opponent's health to 15) and pyroblast on turn two (deal 10 damage) is loads of fun! Haha.

15. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    So far, my new favorite card from the upcoming expansion <3

[​IMG]

And with it, the 'upgraded' powers are:

[​IMG]

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #1836 Brrobotix, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Oh. My. God.
    And I just crafted Dr.Boom, should've held out for this badass

17. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Nice!

I'm sitting on 1800-something dust, waiting to see what the new card set would bring. Now I know what I'm spending it on!

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    That's crazy efficient! haha

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Haha I was just about to craft Dr. Boom but I'll have to wait till the expansion is out.

He is pretty amazing isn't he? Especially if you run a mech deck.

20. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Gotta love Hearthstone. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying Magic too, but they really have got this one so right.