Universal Frozen Synapse Prime (By Double Eleven LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 20, 2015.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Frozen Synapse Prime

Double Eleven Ltd.
    Mac|Life - Best New iOS Game - “truly an intelligent turn-based game” Pocket Gamer - "Frozen Synapse Prime stands out a…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Mac|Life - Best New iOS Game - “truly an intelligent turn-based game” Pocket Gamer - "Frozen Synapse Prime stands out as a welcoming presence in the complex and slightly fusty strategy genre” Take part in the ultimate turn-based strategy game and lead a rebel faction to overthrow a powerful corporation controlling the city of Markov Geist. By commanding an elite strike team of futuristic soldiers including shotgunners and snipers, grenadiers and machine-gunners you can be victorious. Plot paths and issue orders to your units, test your plans and predict your opponent in each turn. Combat plays out on procedural, 3D, destructible and customizable battlefields. - Rich single player campaign with 40+ challenging missions. - Missions vary from eliminating enemies to protecting VIPs, rescuing hostages, to infiltrating and controlling bases - Full 3D Presentation - Experience the world of Frozen Synapse like never before. Newly design characters models, destructible arenas, cinematic replays, kill cams, dynamic lighting, audio and visual effects Become the ultimate tactician. **Compatibility - Frozen Synapse Prime is designed to work for: - iPhone 5 and up - iPad 4 and up - iPad Mini 2 and up - iPod 6 and up Anything below these specifications is not supported and will not play Frozen Synapse (at least properly!)
    Information
    Seller:Double Eleven Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Aug 20, 2015
    Updated:Aug 18, 2017
    Version:1.02
    Size:386.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

[​IMG]
    Frozen Synapse Prime

Double Eleven Ltd.
    Genres: Games Action Strategy
    GAME CENTER ENABLED
    $4.99 USD​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPadFourthGen
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPhone5c
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPhone5s
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 249.9MB

Frozen Synapse Prime

Double Eleven Ltd.
    Mac|Life - Best New iOS Game - “truly an intelligent turn-based game” Pocket Gamer - "Frozen Synapse Prime stands out a…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Mac|Life - Best New iOS Game - “truly an intelligent turn-based game” Pocket Gamer - "Frozen Synapse Prime stands out as a welcoming presence in the complex and slightly fusty strategy genre” Take part in the ultimate turn-based strategy game and lead a rebel faction to overthrow a powerful corporation controlling the city of Markov Geist. By commanding an elite strike team of futuristic soldiers including shotgunners and snipers, grenadiers and machine-gunners you can be victorious. Plot paths and issue orders to your units, test your plans and predict your opponent in each turn. Combat plays out on procedural, 3D, destructible and customizable battlefields. - Rich single player campaign with 40+ challenging missions. - Missions vary from eliminating enemies to protecting VIPs, rescuing hostages, to infiltrating and controlling bases - Full 3D Presentation - Experience the world of Frozen Synapse like never before. Newly design characters models, destructible arenas, cinematic replays, kill cams, dynamic lighting, audio and visual effects Become the ultimate tactician. **Compatibility - Frozen Synapse Prime is designed to work for: - iPhone 5 and up - iPad 4 and up - iPad Mini 2 and up - iPod 6 and up Anything below these specifications is not supported and will not play Frozen Synapse (at least properly!)
    Information
    Seller:Double Eleven Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Aug 20, 2015
    Updated:Aug 18, 2017
    Version:1.02
    Size:386.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Suprised to see this pop up. Any major differences between this one and the first? (Except the graphics of course)

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3 Ayjona, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Wow, really? Just like that? Nice.

Like this day needed more turn-based fun, with Demon's Rise and Galactic Keep...

Do we proclaim this the top TBS release day of iOS history? (There have been release days with bigger names, but I can't recall any with three such very qualitative TBS titles dropping at once.)

Quite a few tweaks to the mechanics, a bit simplified and streamlined, but both the general principles and most of the actual gameplay is much the same.

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    That's grea news and came out of nowhere.I was not interested in the original one (the graphics...) but i'll sure buy this one :)

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Dungeon of the Endless is also turn based, in more ways than one ;)

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #6 Ayjona, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    I just went and forgot about one of the my favourite (and least traditional) PC TBS games of all times. Must be supressed iPad envy ;)

(And here is a thread-misplaced hope that they will port DotE to the iPhone quickly, so that Amplitude can get going on that iOS port of Endless Legend we all know is an impossible inevitability ;) )

I'm starting to think that as a fan of turn-based strategy/tactics titles I belong to the most privileged group of iOS gamers. We've got everything from mobile versions of classics small and wide (XCOM, Skulls of the Shogun, FFT, Banner Saga, Frozen Synapse, Pacific Skies), to the entirely mobile and unique (Ravenmark Saga/Mercs, Last Warlock, Quest and 40K, Galactic Keep, Demon's Rise). And digital board games which come close enough. And so much in between and beyond and etcetcetc ;)

And those are just some of the most recent ones. This privilege goes back to the earliest days of iOS gaming, Wasted Lands (eldritchly horrible controls notwithstanding) and that celtic-germanic turn-based RPG I can never remember the name of...

7. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I agree , I am a fan of turn based strategy games since the original advance wars and fire emblem.. I didn't play frozen synapse but with the graphics how they are, il give this one a shot. Deadly. Love the turn based games lol.

Tony

8. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Any multiplayer on this? Even pass and play?

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The original (released for iOS not long ago) had serviceable but very basic multiplayer* (didn't even use push notifications properly). Would be SUCH a shame if Prime didn't include MP as well.

I've yet to download. Can anyone confirm or refute?

* But still absurdly fun!

10. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    So my version is in Chinese or some other Asian language...

WTF?

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The original Frozen Synapse was made by Mode 7. Not sure who Double Eleven is. Not trying to cause a panic but I am curious if this is a real deal.

12. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    If it is a scam it may be worth wasting 5 bucks to read about it.

13. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    What country are you?

@CygnetSeven:what,do you mean with"real deal"?it was released on Vita and Steam as well.And Android.This port/remake should be"official"enough me thinks...

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Didn't know that. Sorry. Like I said, I was unsure.

15. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Double Eleven is the company who Mode 7 gave the go ahead to remake/upgrade Frozen Synapse. This is indeed "The Real Deal." Haven't downloaded it yet, so no idea on multiplayer yet.

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    So I've read around a few reviews of the other versions of it but leaving aside the presentation I can't find anything that tells me what makes it different enough from the original to make me want to buy it.....

17. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah I actually love the visuals in the original, and that seems like the main reason to get the new one. Does this one even have the red expansion?

18. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    I don't see any multiplayer, but I don't care because I don't play async.

Regardless. The new presentation is the reason to buy this, and there are a couple new movement options from what I understand, like sliding.

It's possible multiplayer is unlocked after certain criteria, but I don't see it on the main menu right now.

E

19. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Really liked the idea of the first game but bloody hell it was hard. Still fancy this though one hell of a week to release in.

20. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Is there any dont Controller support?