Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Coz you can play MHFU for iOS instead. :p

...Unless im missing the part where PSP emulators work on iOS9.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah I can because I haven't jumped to iOS 9 yet. I'm not sure if emus work on iOS 9 I guess. Iemulators.com have a few but don't know if they'll work for the person who said they're emulating on their Mac. Thought it would be worth a shot to try. Bummer that Apple stopped signing 8.4.1 finally.

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Guys my gf was able to play MHFU on her iPad 4 running iOS 9 still

Is it broken on other devices?

4. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this. I can play this on my iPad 4, as well, but can't play it on my iPod Touch 6th Generation. The A4/A5/A5X/A6/A6X are safe on iOS 9. It's the 64-bit, Metal enabled processors (A7, A8, and A9 lines) that's affected.

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sure hope Capcom has figured that out too! Nice work.

6. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,Right.What Make Me Mad it's that MHFU doesn't support 64 Bit,this i think it's why don't work on iOS 9 in any A/7+ devices.Apple Guidelines Say Clear that every App Submitted Beginning 1 February On App Store Must Include 64-Bit Support,and Again Starting 1 June app updates will also need to follow the same requirements.Last MHFU Update it's from September 2014,This Say All.Come On Capcom!!

7. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Hey, PPSSPP works on ios 9, i have ipastore just for emulators but the controls not fit well on ios, we need to press r1 + Pad to move, and to do that on emulator is terrible!

In Mac im playing with ps3 controller!
    :) (Bluetooth rules)

8. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Does MHFU works well on unjailbroken iOS9? We cannot enable Dynarec JIT if we aren't jailbroken, so...

9. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Well on iphone 6 yes, some tines takes some lags, minimals.

Im jailed too

10. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Yup, that's what I meant... Jailed iphone can't activate Dynarec JIT Resulting in significant speed limitation.. if MHFU lags even a little, then MHP3rd HD, Tactics Ogre, and Final Fantasy Type-0 will be unplayable..

11. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Monster Hunter 3rd HD dont run in iphone, tested, other games run fine!

But others dont, like GOW

12. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    I think MHFU has been removed from the US App Store! Anyone confirm please?

13. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    It's removed from the Canadian appstore as well.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. Can't find it in the U.S. App Store. It's still in my Purchase History, but I do have it installed on my device. MH Dynamic Hunting is still in the store though. Hope this means we'll be getting the much needed update. It'll either be that, or it's gone for good... That F2P MH game is probably coming soon. Ugh.

15. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Yep lots of new ios 9 folks must have complained and capcom took the easy way out it seems :(

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hopefully not. Other devs like 2K just removed games like Bioshock to update it, but didn't initially tell anyone that they were planning to update it. So, maybe Capcom is going to update it and put it back up on the store. But then again, best not to get our hopes up too high I guess.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I think it is a rather good sign! They are fixing Ghost Trick now and I guess they treated MHFU in the same way and are now fixing it.
    Stay positive, guys! :)

18. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #5698 oldsnake, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Yep,i Think The Same Way,Pulled From Italy App Store Too,But The Fact That Old Capcom Titles Like Devil May Cry,Dead Rising,Resident Evil 4,and others Still there,with a WARNING For iOS 8,MHFU it's only 1 Year Old,maybe it's High Price (compared to' The Other Titles Mentioned) have Take Capcom to Pulled Until They Fixed and Then Back in The Store,It Make no Sense Pulling a Game that everyone with iOS 8x can play and purchase.Then,Again,it's not Like Bioshock That it's Completely Broken by iOS 8.4.MHFU don't Run on A7+ Devices not Cause iOS 9,But Cause isn't Compatible with 64 Bit Devices,It's a More User Friendly to Update.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Don't forget, a lot of users on 6S/6S+ might have already bought it. Who reads the Appstore product descriptions anyway? Quite some people do not, you see that by reading the complaints in the comments.

20. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Didn't they flat out state in a recent news article that they will not be updating this one? I know the recent articles where devs are saying their updating their games to bring them back, capcom mentions other titles in their stable but specifically do not mention monster hunter.