Universal [PH Soft Launch] Iron Blade: Medieval Legends RPG (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Old soft launch thread

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This is region locked so you'll need a VPN.

Oh, and also - ITS AWESOME.

it's kind of like dungeon hunter 5 with some of the systems, but it's very different gameplay.
    You don't control the movement of the hero directly, but instead control blocking and attacking, special moves, etc.

Tap left to block, tap right to attack. Hold right for a special attack, swipe and hold for changing targets, etc.
    it's got a great rhythm to it and rewards you for playing smart instead of button mashing.
    There's bloody executions and range attacks etc etc.
    once you get the hang of it it's super fun.

Gear to collect and upgrade, skills to learn, etc.
    Later on you unlock a keep that other players can attack. You populate the keep with soldiers and stuff that you collect.
    That part is a bit like DH5 but again, you are attacking in waves with a more "rhythm one vs many" style.

Stylish and looking great so far. This is in Soft-launch so expect bugs and imbalances and don't rage-quit when something doesn't work, just be a good gamer and submit a bug report ##

3. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Server based game, and I just got off the hype train.
    Great icon ----- but I will pass.

4. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
  5. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #6 yankeeblue000, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Looks ok. It's seems like a cool mechanic but, I'm assuming it's f2p with the need of a internet connection to play. I could be wrong though. I don't mean to be negative but I stop playing Gameloft's games since they strictly went f2p for their games. Most of their games have become Pay2Win. This could be different. I'll wait on impressions. If it's not the average f2p Gameloft game then I'll check it out. Good luck

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    This region locked stuff is stupid! Haha

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    agreed, if a soft launch is region locked it should be tossed back in the upcoming section heh.

8. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    It looks okay but nothing special.These past couple of years Gameloft dropped from the number one spot as a mobile developer and this game proves why.Once Gameloft was trying really hard to impress with graphical fidelity of their games because most of them were just rip-offs of stuff already out there(COD,GTA and others).Now they have lowered the graphical standard and started blending in with the rest of the developers on the mobile market.They went free to play and not like Madfinger Games but like Supercell.It's just,they don't make anything special anymore and can I just say-they have 4 different games in Softlaunch now,when will these games actually release?How many games will they softlaunch before one of them actually reaches all of us.I haven't played yet NOVA,GNO,the new Asphalt or this because of their region lock.

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm really enjoying the combat in this, one vs. many kind of like assassins creed.
    The graphics are beautiful for a tablet.
    Also cool that your equipped gear levels up as you use it. Helps reduce grindiness.

There's actually a story in this too, with good voice acting and cutscenes. Feels more like a proper RPG than DH5

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #11 Amenbrother, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    The loot is what I would be draw to so how is it? Color coded or what?

EDIT: Also is the loot dropped by enemies or just at the end of the level you see what you got?

11. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    can gameloft make an okay game after all these year since asphalt 8, there such talented bunch

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Hah,is not it funny that this game has pretty much exact same combat like in Eisenhorn - Xenos (to be honest it's more like in that Batman game from Gameloft which was pulled not a long while ago)?I'm not derailing this thread,just notice that this even works on iPad 2.

13. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    What is most interesting to me is that Gameloft seems to be getting a lot less fame over these games even compared to some indie titles on the forums.I just think a lot less people are playing/trying Gameloft games now.I remember how big of a deal Asphalt 8 was back in the day and games such as MC4 and others and now some of these new Gameloft games pass very much under the radar.It's not that this game is bad or anything,it's just that it's nothing different.

14. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #15 slighmd, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    IMHO it's because of what Gameloft did ie. their greedy freemium pay2win paywall games. I remember playing Dungeon hunter 1 and 2, and their platformer that looked like Kirby. They were awesome premium games. Then DH3 came out, and became free and arena based. Graphics were beautiful but aside from that, everything sucked. Then DH4, with your oh so small inventory and their super-powered-but-for-sale items in there taking up space ie. you got a 50DPS sword, and in your inventory is a 600DPS sword. But if you want them, you have to pay up. Then you'll get to this paywall, an absurd boss with a wave of adds that's way off the difficulty curve. Unless you buy the big sword, you'll almost never beat the boss. After that, I generally stayed away from anything Gameloft.

15. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Reminds me of shadow of mordor.

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Why does every Gameloft thread need to devolve into a discussion about F2P or Pay2Win or all that? Usually these comments are made by people who haven't even played the game.
    Play the game, talk about the game.

I'm not saying your opinions are invalid or anything, but there's a General Game Discussion forum for a reason. That's the place for this conversation.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #18 Amenbrother, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Just let me know when its not region locked or its out in the US :(

18. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Most of us can't even try the game because it's region locked. However, it's been a long while since I played a Gameoft game that I enjoyed for more than a couple days(newer releases, their old premium games were great). Hit that paywall and I'm done every time.

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Seriously want to play this!