iPhone: Q*Bert (Now available in U.S. too)

07-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Q*Bert (Now available in U.S. too)

i didnt know qbert was out did it just come out

edit:

link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320570609&mt=8

Also now available U.S. version ($1.99): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325065512&mt=8

Last edited by Zincous; 08-05-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Added US itunes link
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
the title says international stores tho
08-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Q*Bert Deluxe now available in the US

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325065512&mt=8

Sorry if this is posted, a search didn't show anything other than news about the international version. Still version 1.0.

08-05-2009, 02:45 AM
alright no more games till next check comes in!

i just bought this...pacman remix....and paper toss world tour.

along with some other ones that came out earlier in the week....should keep me busy....

just throwin in my 2 pennies...
08-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Well, this plays just like the original and you have a choice between using Arcade, Modern or Jungle Q*Bert. You also have a choice between using touch controls (tap where you want him to go) or tilt to steer him. There's also a mini-joystick which I prefer. Tilt is way too hard especially on the corners.

The game field is rather small, and it's a lot of wasted space. I don't know why they did it the way they did. There is a giant frame which you can remove around the game field, and it's just black space. The game plays well, but I wish the graphics were a little bigger. Right now, they're on the small tiny side.
08-05-2009, 04:27 AM
That's strange. Now there are two versions in the German store (and probably in other non-US-stores): "Q*bert Int'l 1.1" and "Q*bert Deluxe 1.0". They seem to be identical, but I would like to know if both will get the same updates in the future.
08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Well, this plays just like the original and you have a choice between using Arcade, Modern or Jungle Q*Bert. You also have a choice between using touch controls (tap where you want him to go) or tilt to steer him. There's also a mini-joystick which I prefer. Tilt is way too hard especially on the corners.

The game field is rather small, and it's a lot of wasted space. I don't know why they did it the way they did. There is a giant frame which you can remove around the game field, and it's just black space. The game plays well, but I wish the graphics were a little bigger. Right now, they're on the small tiny side.
Yeah Albie, I agree that there is way too much wasted space...I don't get that. However, the price is right, and I like that they added classic, modern, and jungle versions, so I'll give them a bit of a pass on that. It's still fun, just not what it could have been.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Yeah Albie, I agree that there is way too much wasted space...I don't get that. However, the price is right, and I like that they added classic, modern, and jungle versions, so I'll give them a bit of a pass on that. It's still fun, just not what it could have been.
The game plays well for what it is. It's just that image is so small. I would've preferred a portrait mode with a bigger game field.
08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
The game plays well for what it is. It's just that image is so small. I would've preferred a portrait mode with a bigger game field.
+1. You could even have had the screen scroll like it does very slightly in Jungle mode to make the images bigger. You really don't need to see much more than a few cubes around you. It's not really a long term strategy game...hop around and avoid enemies.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-05-2009, 03:45 PM
OMG, so glad it's out... Now it's time to download!

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Over the past few weeks, I felt as if you abandoned me, Q*Bert. I take back all of the bad thoughts. I wish I could unthink them. I'm sorry.

I... I love you, Q*Bert.