Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-23-2009, 04:16 PM

the title says international stores tho
Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Q*Bert Deluxe now available in the US

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325065512&mt=8

Sorry if this is posted, a search didn't show anything other than news about the international version. Still version 1.0.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:45 AM

alright no more games till next check comes in!

i just bought this...pacman remix....and paper toss world tour.

along with some other ones that came out earlier in the week....should keep me busy....
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Well, this plays just like the original and you have a choice between using Arcade, Modern or Jungle Q*Bert. You also have a choice between using touch controls (tap where you want him to go) or tilt to steer him. There's also a mini-joystick which I prefer. Tilt is way too hard especially on the corners.

The game field is rather small, and it's a lot of wasted space. I don't know why they did it the way they did. There is a giant frame which you can remove around the game field, and it's just black space. The game plays well, but I wish the graphics were a little bigger. Right now, they're on the small tiny side.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:27 AM

That's strange. Now there are two versions in the German store (and probably in other non-US-stores): "Q*bert Int'l 1.1" and "Q*bert Deluxe 1.0". They seem to be identical, but I would like to know if both will get the same updates in the future.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Well, this plays just like the original and you have a choice between using Arcade, Modern or Jungle Q*Bert. You also have a choice between using touch controls (tap where you want him to go) or tilt to steer him. There's also a mini-joystick which I prefer. Tilt is way too hard especially on the corners.

The game field is rather small, and it's a lot of wasted space. I don't know why they did it the way they did. There is a giant frame which you can remove around the game field, and it's just black space. The game plays well, but I wish the graphics were a little bigger. Right now, they're on the small tiny side.
Yeah Albie, I agree that there is way too much wasted space...I don't get that. However, the price is right, and I like that they added classic, modern, and jungle versions, so I'll give them a bit of a pass on that. It's still fun, just not what it could have been.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Yeah Albie, I agree that there is way too much wasted space...I don't get that. However, the price is right, and I like that they added classic, modern, and jungle versions, so I'll give them a bit of a pass on that. It's still fun, just not what it could have been.
The game plays well for what it is. It's just that image is so small. I would've preferred a portrait mode with a bigger game field.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
The game plays well for what it is. It's just that image is so small. I would've preferred a portrait mode with a bigger game field.
+1. You could even have had the screen scroll like it does very slightly in Jungle mode to make the images bigger. You really don't need to see much more than a few cubes around you. It's not really a long term strategy game...hop around and avoid enemies.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

OMG, so glad it's out... Now it's time to download!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM

Over the past few weeks, I felt as if you abandoned me, Q*Bert. I take back all of the bad thoughts. I wish I could unthink them. I'm sorry.

I... I love you, Q*Bert.