Universal Into the Dead 2 (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Oct 11, 2017.

1. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    This game is painfully slow to load on my 6s plus. The gameplay also seems laggy at times. It never plays smoothly for a consistent amount of time. Anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

Overall, I do like the game, but at the moment it’s a bit frustrating for me.

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We have had some reports of that. We had made some optimizations (mostly around memory usage) for the 6 Plus and 6S Plus, though these were not as complete in version 1.0.2.

We have 1.0.3 already approved which we are just doing checks on and which should be released later today. This contains some general bug fixes and some very minor optimizations. These may or may not be noticeable in general play.

Optimization work is ongoing and we have some specific stuff that should help, but it might be another week or so at least for a new version beyond 1.0.3 to be released.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just wanted to drop by and say I am loving this game and bought the $10 IAP I dont care! :cool:

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Love the game! I'm willing to support but I do NOT like the 10$ IAP. It's monthly which I've never seen in a game before. I've seen the MONTH vip which gives rewards everyday for a month but the fact that this auto renews is crazy. If you do not cancel it, thats 120$ a year. Some might not realize what they are buying. It appears like a single 10$, but its a auto renewing purchase. I'd love to throw down 10$ for it, but not if it auto renews. I'm sad it's implemented like this. It should read 10$ for "one month" and after the month is up, one can chose to re purchase for another month.

but a auto renew 10$ purchase is more than Hulu and Netflix combined lol.

Other than that, keep up the great work debs. It's a beautiful game and I am enjoy the story lots.

5. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Just want to make sure you're aware its an auto-renew 10$ a month (unless you go into some settings and cancel it)

6. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    You do know you can purchase and then cancel the subscription immediately and you still get your month of rewards....

7. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Well, we'd prefer people didn't do that because it costs us $3 every time somebody does it :/

I mean, you can already play the game completely for free. We feel that's a good deal.

8. batmania

Dec 4, 2014
    #28 batmania, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Did not know that and while it’s crappy you still make a profit right?

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Couple of things I hate are timers and “subscriptions”!! I know the dev said you don’t need it to play this game, but any game that necessitates that I will absolutely NOT buy. Period. Just sayin’. ;)

10. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Audio drops out (gun shots)

Anybody else experienced this? Lot of times the audio of the gunshots drops out?

Oh, and about my open unrelated question: will there ever be a Breakneck 2?

11. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Pretty sure he meant buy a one month subscription then cancel the ongoing subscription so it didn't renew next month. Not that he would cancel that $10 transaction immediately.

12. batmania

Dec 4, 2014
    That’s what I meant just cancel the ongoing subscription

13. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    When people buy something, Apple takes a 30% cut, so on a $10 subscription we get $7. When people refund something, the refund comes completely out of our account, so a refund on a subscription which we only got $7 for requires us to pay back $10, and we end up with -$3.

So yes, we'd consider it crappy for people to do that and cost us money when we are already allowing people to play a game we spent a couple of million dollars on completely for free.

We have a version 1.0.3 which is already approved and might be released soon once we finished testing. This fixes some issues around weapon sounds. That may or may not fix your specific problem.

At this stage it isn't planned, but we do need to revisit that game and see if we want to update it.

14. batmania

Dec 4, 2014
    oh yeah not what I meant at all. I meant buy the subscription but then cancel the subscription, if you wanted so you don’t forget, NOT ask for a refund. That’s dirty right there. Would never suggest that.

15. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Buying then canceling a subscription should be fine.

16. batmania

Dec 4, 2014
    No worries. But congrats on the release. I’m thoroughly enjoying the game, it’s fun.

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Wierd bug, when i go in to survival and try to start the new event it shows my progress on yesterdays event, my rank top screen from yesterdays event and hitting enter does nothing.

18. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Oh trust me I’m not stingy! I’ve already dropped money. You guys deeerve it, it’s an awesome game. IAP doesn’t seem intrusive. Love the daily challenges. I just dislike auto renew subscriptions. Who wants to go in and cancel every time? Why can’t I just choose to purchase a month at a time? Because I would. I just dislike auto renew. I’ve never seen that in a game before except world of Warcraft.

19. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    v1.0.3 is now available on the App Store. Update to fix a few niggly bugs when you get the chance.

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Forced ads?