Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?
Yes 466 91.02%
No 24 4.69%
Don't know yet 22 4.30%
Voters: 512. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

***Eliminate Fan Kit, a limited time TA exclusive***

Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere.
http://eliminate.ngmoco.com/

Eliminate is the upcoming first person shooter from ngmoco. 4-player deathmatch over Wi-Fi and 3G. It's been submitted, and it's FREE. More details coming soon.

Info:
Pocket Gamer Preview
IGN Preview
Touch Arcade Hands-On

"Yeah, I definitely was expecting it to be awesome... I just wasn't prepared for how awesome it actually was." --
Eli Hodapp, Touch Arcade

Producer Chris Plummer on Eliminate.

Eliminate Community Day

***kmacleod's impressions***

Shooting and aiming are the two most important parts of any FPS, and I'm happy to say that Eliminate handles them flawlessly. All control modes feel natural, and the whole thing is very easy to pick up and play.

"After playing the game for about an hour, I'm absolutely convinced that the game is going to be one of the flagship games for the iPhone, in terms of success and in terms of quality, and I'll be buying it the second it goes on sale."

Part 1
Part 2

Live Roundtable with the ngmofos -- GamerTagRadio

Gamer Tag Radio Episode #211 -- Eliminate

Thunderbolt Games
"After sitting down and playing Eliminate, I can say without hesitation that these are the best FPS controls seen on this platform yet."

"Perhaps the most impressive thing, beyond the fluid controls, was the graphics engine. There’s nothing like this running on the iPhone/iTouch right now."

Thunderbolt Games

Sarcastic Gamer

"I was astonished by how natural the controls felt. It was my first experience with an iPhone/iPod touch game, but I managed to acclimate without much difficulty."

"The small maps facilitate close-quarters combat, ensuring constant engagement and tense shootouts. Environmental hazards add to the action, forcing players to mind their surroundings, while also fending off enemies. One moment you’re chasing an adversary; the next you’re a red smudge, courtesy of a horizontal wall press."

Sarcastic Gamer

Gearheads of War

"The game overall is something that is fun and very addicting to play with your friends or against the world."

"After playing for about a half hour I was starting to do very well with getting some double kills and using the power ups to my advantage. I was quickly creating enemies and going around trying to hunt down some of the other players that were kicking my butt."

Gearheads of War

Gearlive

"ELIMINATE offers an amazing online FPS mobile experience. Simple controls and interfaces allow you to pick up your device and start playing anywhere, while giving you a satisfactory gaming experience...for a game running on an iPhone or iPod touch over 3G or Wi-Fi, it’s pretty darn solid. "

App.Tapper

Gaming Nexus

"This ambitious new title is an FPS entitled Eliminate, and after getting some serious hands on time with the game I can say that as soon as the game releases I will finally have something other than tower defense games on my iPod Touch. A lot of things can be done with a touch screen, but one genre I could never imagine being well implemented on that type of interface was the first person shooter. Until now. "

"The weapons are one of Eliminate’s strongest features, because they look and feel great to use. There’s a large variety in the weapon selection as well, varying between laser guns, assault rifles, and rocket launchers to the more imaginative plasma cannons and gravity hooks."

Gaming Nexus

VIDEOS:
KillTest Trailer

Eliminate Intro Vid

Weapons Trailer

Armor Trailer

Eliminated Teaser Vid

Eliminate on the ngmoshow
part 1--upgrades and matchmaking
part 2--energy
part 3--Walkthrough of the upgrades system
practice mode

Eliminate Fan Kit, a limited time TA exclusive

Last edited by mjmoco; 10-27-2009 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Added stuff
Old 09-22-2009, 01:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Only 4 player? Does that include bots?
Can you tell us how much it will be priced?

LOL. It's hilarious how the slogan is, "Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere," when really, since almost half of the iDevice userbase uses iPod Touches, it's more like, "Bring it. But only if you have WiFi. Otherwise, you're just stuck without any functionality at all." Come on, not even a practice mode with bots? No story, just deathmatches with the bots! Otherwise, it's not for travel at all, which is a huge reason people buy games. Even with an iPhone, it's hard to play online when there's shaky service, and oh no! You went in a tunnel. Bye bye signal. Now you lost some of your energy, and got no credits! Happy day! /sarcasm

Last edited by Fleabag323; 09-22-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Old 09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

4 player, lol.
FAIL,
no, make that EPIC FAIL.
I just hope MC: Sandstorm has more players on it's online MP update, which I'm sure it will.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Long time lurker, finally made an account just to reply to this topic.

Just want to let ngmoco that I am so STOKED for this game to come out. not trying to start any iDrama but I think the energy/credits system is pretty ingenious and once people get their hands on it, they'll understand benefits of it on a mobile "pick-up and play" device.

can ngmoco give us any secret tid-bits about the game? i love checking back at your website, eager for some juicy news.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM

How to sell your game:

Eliminate is the upcoming first person shooter from ngmoco. 4-player deathmatch co-op over Wi-Fi and 3G.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 PM
iPad

Meh. Why a new thread? I thought it came out so mods locked that thread. Its nothing but another upcoming thread. Yawn. We`re(ok atleast me) not interested in any other info anymore other than the release date. Has it been submitted yet or not? If not then how long before you submit it. Other than that everything else is just blah blah blah.

Dont care if it`ll have 4 players or 40. What I do care is whatever the number of online players is, will it work good enough or not. That we`ll know only once it`s released. So wake me up only if you have news about the release.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Meh. Why a new thread? I thought it came out so mods locked that thread. Its nothing but another upcoming thread. Yawn. We`re not interested in any other info anymore other than the release date. Has it been submitted yet or not? If not then how long before you submit it. Other than that everything else is just blah blah blah.

Dont care if it`ll have 4 players or 40. What I do care is whatever the number of online players is, will it work good enough or not. That we`ll know only once it`s released. So wake me up only if you have news about the release.
Yeah, I know it's 'Official' and all 'ngmoco:-(' and all, but that's still no good reason to start a new thread. No exceptions should be made .
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
Only 4 player? Does that include bots?
Can you tell us how much it will be priced?

LOL. It's hilarious how the slogan is, "Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere," when really, since almost half of the iDevice userbase uses iPod Touches, it's more like, "Bring it. But only if you have WiFi. Otherwise, you're just stuck without any functionality at all." Come on, not even a practice mode with bots? No story, just deathmatches with the bots! Otherwise, it's not for travel at all, which is a huge reason people buy games. Even with an iPhone, it's hard to play online when there's shaky service, and oh no! You went in a tunnel. Bye bye signal. Now you lost some of your energy, and got no credits! Happy day! /sarcasm
There is a practice mode with bots.

--MJ
Old 09-22-2009, 01:45 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Meh. Why a new thread?
The other one was a wasteland of pages upon pages of the same people who always complain about Gameloft complaining about Gameloft in an ngmoco thread. Letting MJ post an official thread and just closing the other one instead of deleting dozens of posts made more sense.

For this thread, it would be great if people could actually manage to discuss Eliminate or other things that pertain to ngmoco. I know it can be nearly irresistible to spam threads for upcoming games when there is a limited supply of information about these games but I'd love it if you guys could do me (and the rest of the moderation team) a favor and ask yourself this question before posting in this thread?

"Does what I'm posting directly relate to Eliminate or ngmoco?"

If the answer is yes, post away. If the answer is no, mash your back button or find an appropriate thread for whatever you want to post.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM

just tell us how much it will cost. not clues or trying to say something but actually succeeding is saying nothing.just the price.simple

Closed Thread