Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Loopy Laboratory Tips / Solutions

this is to post solutions for loopy laboratory levels

arn
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM

Help on level 12...I feel like such a loser because its supposed to be still a relatively easy stage but the box just wont sink over the hole and i just keep friggin' drowning.

HELP!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:46 AM

I can help you out here, if you remind me which level this was...

I can't go back to a previously played level in the same game, and I don't really want to play through the first 11 levels again in a new game just to get here...

So, can you post a screenshot or a couple of screenshots panning the entire level if it's fairly big and I'll get back to you...
Old 01-09-2009, 05:30 AM

AWESOME! I hope that you can help me with the solution.

Here are the screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (84.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo(2).jpg (84.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg photo(3).jpg (84.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg photo(4).jpg (81.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 AM

*** HERE IS A HINT ***

OK, I don't remember if this is the first level in which "cracked floor tiles" appear, but the thing to note about cracked floor tiles is that they WILL support a weight, but only ONCE.
So the important thing there is that the cracked floor tile will only completely break once you or an object moves OFF that tile. That's why merely pushing the crate ONTO the cracked tile will not make it sink immediately. The tile breaks when the crate moves OFF the tile, meaning you fall into the hole that has just now appeared.

So, that's a hint. If you want to try and complete the level with that information, stop reading now.

If you want a blatant solution, continue reading...

*** HERE IS THE SOLUTION — SPOILER ALERT ***

Move to the cracked tile near the bottom of the screen. Step on it once, then immediately take a step back to where you just were. The floor tile will now completely break. Go back and fetch the crate. Push it into the hole. Walk over the crate. Fetch the battery there. Stand on the green button to drop the raised tile at the top of the screen. Now you can fetch the battery there. Fetch the other batteries as normal. Go to the exit.

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 01-09-2009 at 05:49 AM..
Old 01-09-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
*** HERE IS A HINT ***

OK, I don't remember if this is the first level in which "cracked floor tiles" appear, but the thing to note about cracked floor tiles is that they WILL support a weight, but only ONCE.
So the important thing there is that the cracked floor tile will only completely break once you or an object moves OFF that tile. That's why merely pushing the crate ONTO the cracked tile will not make it sink immediately. The tile breaks when the crate moves OFF the tile, meaning you fall into the hole that has just now appeared.

So, that's a hint. If you want to try and complete the level with that information, stop reading now.

If you want a blatant solution, continue reading...

*** HERE IS THE SOLUTION — SPOILER ALERT ***

Move to the cracked tile near the bottom of the screen. Step on it once, then immediately take a step back to where you just were. The floor tile will now completely break. Go back and fetch the crate. Push it into the hole. Walk over the crate. Fetch the battery there. Stand on the green button to drop the raised tile at the top of the screen. Now you can fetch the battery there. Fetch the other batteries as normal. Go to the exit.
THANK YOU! I feel quite like a dork for not figuring that out for myself, hahaha!
But thank you, I was about to delete the game since I hit the 9-page limit already and so I'm not too patient with the games as I normally would be.

Thank you again!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:21 AM

No problem.
Stick with it, it's a great game — but be patient, as the later levels can get quite tricky...

So, did you go for the hint or the spoiler?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
No problem.
Stick with it, it's a great game — but be patient, as the later levels can get quite tricky...

So, did you go for the hint or the spoiler?
The hint. Ha! I guess that makes me only half a dork! :P

You finished the game? That's cool! And if you recommend it, I'll stick by it and see it through!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 AM

Any Help on 46? or is it just tedious and precise shifting of the reflector blocks?
I got stock on level 46 awhile ago, set down the game and forgot about it -lol-
Old 01-09-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
Any Help on 46? or is it just tedious and precise shifting of the reflector blocks?
I got stock on level 46 awhile ago, set down the game and forgot about it -lol-
I think I remember that one, as, if it's the one I'm thinking of, I too had a bit of trouble with it at first... Scratched my head for ages over it! But as always, once you see the solution, it suddenly seems obvious and you wonder why you couldn't see it sooner...

Can you put up a screenshot of the level to remind me which one it is...