Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 09-24-2009, 04:03 PM

UPDATE (09/24/2009): UniWar, the, in my opinion, multiplayer-wise (along with Reign of Swords Ep II – see review above, in the update posted at 08/23 12:14 CET) best enabled turn-based strategy game has just received Push notification for much quicker opponent notification. Note that, of the new games recently reviewed, Real Soccer 2010 by Gameloft (even as of the initial, 1.0 version) also supports Push notification. See the second bullet of the update posted at 08/16/2009 0:19 CET for more information on how it should be used.

There are some other goodies the new version, 1.0.5, offers:

Also note that, now, this game only costs $1. It’s an absolute steal for the price.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:37 PM

UPDATE (09/24/2009 10:28PM CET): there’s another, new, multiplayer-enabled game worth mentioning: Adrenaline Golf Online by Eurocenter.

It’s quite a steal for the introductory price of $1. I don’t think you want to miss it at the current price point.

I’ll post a video of it tomorrow, showing how it looks on the 3G S and the 3G – it has 3G S-specific, additional 3D animations and effects.

Please see the last row in the chart I’ve just added.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:54 PM

Omg you got an update. Download that beyatch
Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 PM

UPDATE (09/24/2009 23:42 CET): I’ve highly recommended the zombie shooter “Alive 4 Ever” in yesterday’s update of the chart.

Today’s news is that version 1.1 will soon be released with a lot of new goodies. Please see THIS for more info.

Also note that the intro price ($1) will soon be increased to $3 – I think the game is well worth purchasing, particularly if you plan to play it in multiplayer mode.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys View Post
UPDATE (09/24/2009 10:28PM CET): thereís another, new, multiplayer-enabled game worth mentioning: Adrenaline Golf Online by Eurocenter.

Itís quite a steal for the introductory price of $1. I donít think you want to miss it at the current price point.

Iíll post a video of it tomorrow, showing how it looks on the 3G S and the 3G Ė it has 3G S-specific, additional 3D animations and effects.

Please see the last row in the chart Iíve just added.
I love Eurocenter's online games. Dinosmash rules.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:46 PM

UPDATE (09/27/2009):
1.) The new version of the best racing game for the iDevice (iPhone + iPod touch), Real Racing, is out. Now, it supports two-player games over Bluetooth, which is great news for anyone having at least a second-generation iPhone or iPod touch and not having access to a Wi-Fi access point.

2.) There are several new multiplayer games:
Snake DOS by Andy Lin 1.0 (it hs received very good user reviews in the AppStore)
Hip Hop All Star by I-play
Piecehunters Premium by GibsonTang.com 1.3
Haunted 3D Rollercoaster Rush by Digital Chocolate, Inc. 1.0.1

Expect the according, thorough info and recommendation to be entered in the chart tomorrow or the day after.

3.) The online version of NanoMechs will soon be released. You can join the beta program HERE, if you’re absolutely sure you do want to test it.

If you don’t want to look the title up from the chart, a quick explanation: the only comparable title, WiFi Warfare by Jesse Starks, is, in my opinion, weaker than this title. I like the graphics of this title better and the, IMHO, much superior control. Now that it receives online multiplayer (in addition to the local Wi-Fi one), the only disadvantage of NanoMechs also disappears.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 PM

UPDATE (09/30/2009): Robocalypse on sale!

I deemed it necessary to post a separate update on this: Robocalypse (iTunes link), which is a very nice RTS (real-time strategy) with decent multiplayer, is on sale for $3 only. Pretty nice a deal, I’d say.

Also see a review HERE.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Umm... So what is this thread about?
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Umm... So what is this thread about?
Multiplayer games?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:41 AM

UPDATE (10/02/2009): Multiplayer gaming news: great Kart out and major Chess Elite rebate – both at $1 only!

1.) The biggest news of these days is that Eurocenter has just released Cocoto Kart Online, a really decent online multiplayer kart racer title.

So far, the only Kart title to offer multiplayer was Krazy Kart Racers (US) by Konami Digital Entertainment, which many considered pretty lousy. Not so with the new title, it’s pretty nice – and the (introductory) price just can’t be beaten.

It runs great on my iPhone 3G S and, with (by default) disabled music OK on my 3G. On the latter, with enabled music, the animation becomes pretty stuttering; that is, you’ll want to keep the music disabled on the 3G.

As with the games of Eurocenter in general, there’s no local (Wi-Fi / Bluetooth) play. (I hope they consider adding it some day – it’d help a lot in minimizing in-game lag and stuttering if you “only” want to play your mate next to you.) Fortunately, being a Eurocenter title also means there are quite a lot online players to choose from, should you not have a mate to play.

TouchArcade news item & comments HERE; dedicated thread HERE and the iTunes link HERE.

Highly recommended at the price!

2.) there is a huge rebate for Chess Elite for three days (that is, after Monday evening, US time), a chess client. It supports Push notifications for both challenging others and notifying them of new moves. In this regard, it’s pretty unique – unfortunately, still very few games support this kind of instant notifications. These worked just fine on my 3G S; on my 3G, for some reason, they didn’t. (It must have been a problem with my 3G.)

Note that it uses its own chess server; that is, it’s not a FICS / ICC client. (If you do need FICS support, go for iChess by myMobileApps instead.) While this means way less players than on FICS / ICC, there are still quite a few ones online and, of course, you can elect to play your friends / buddies only. Particularly taken into account the Push capabilities, at the current price tag, it’s is quite a steal.

There’s a thread HERE on the rebate itself; iTunes link HERE.

3.) The 1.1 update to Alive 4-ever by Meridian has just hit AppStore. It offers all the goodies previously promised (see the UPDATE dated 09/24/2009 23:42 CET in my original iPhone/iPod Touch Multiplayer Gaming Bible):

Note that I'll post a video of the three titles very soon. (Unfortunately, uploading 300...500 Mbyte AVCHD HD video files is pretty slow from home so it takes some time...)