Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-25-2008, 12:14 PM
iPhone 4

Send a message via AIM to blakespot
Default Games you want to see on the iPhone?

The launch of "iPhone 2.0" and the iTunes App Store will take place in late June. On that day, purchasing a game for the iPhone can be done quickly, easily, and from just about anywhere.

On day one, many games will be available for download and many more will be coming in the weeks and months (and years) ahead.

Which games do you want to see land on the iPhone platform? Any old school classics or modern favorites you're dying for?

bp
Old 05-25-2008, 06:24 PM

Worms ^^ 2D version ("worms 2"-like, something like N-Gage port) ... and guess what... it may happen, Team 17 said something about it just after march 6:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...the-way-259328

But my true wish "Rez" port by Sega, best beat game i ever seen ^^ Sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWWkgx2Stc

Why not use touch in this game? ;]
Old 05-25-2008, 09:18 PM

i would like to see some type of Fighting game like motal kombat not really the same title but something in fighting genre and another one will be the most anticipated from my point of view will be DOOM.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Sony's Wipeout would be one that I think would "feel" right on the iPhone. It's another racing type game, but somehow the use of accelerometer seems like it would work out just right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_496.jpg (81.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default NHL iPhone Game

I think someone should make an NHL game for the iPhone (And yes, I am Canadian )

The controls would be simple. You use the accelerometer to move your player around. To shoot, you flick the screen in the direction you want to shoot, and do a down then up motion for slap shots (very similar to NHL 08 skill stick). To pass, you just slide your finger in the direction of the player you want to pass to to. Other various moves:

Change player: double tap
Check Player: tap other team's player
Poke Check: hold finger down on touch screen

BTW, Anyone can use my idea (I don't have a mac, so I can't program this). Just PM me if you are going to use my idea (and put me in the credits!!!).

All comments are welcome (don't flame me if you don't like my idea, please!).
Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
Sony's Wipeout would be one that I think would "feel" right on the iPhone. It's another racing type game, but somehow the use of accelerometer seems like it would work out just right.
Good notion. I'm a huge Wipeout fan ( obviously ). Tilt control could add to the game. We might get a taste for this in the soon-to-be-released Wipeout HD coming for the Playstation 3, as the SIXAXIS controller is accelerometer-equipped. Would love to see the franchise land on the iPhone.

But...it's unlikely. Sony owns Psygnosis who is behind Wipeout. And...well...you know who makes the PSP...

blakespot
Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 AM
iPhone 4

I'd not mind seeing a simple game of accelerometer-controller Lunar Lander on the iPhone / iPod touch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ll.jpg (7.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-26-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatt_american View Post
i would like to see some type of Fighting game like motal kombat not really the same title but something in fighting genre and another one will be the most anticipated from my point of view will be DOOM.
Making the fighting game for touch screen might be difficult ;> someone need to invent good fighting input first for touch screen only device. Visual buttons are simply to flat and slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakespot View Post
I'd not mind seeing a simple game of accelerometer-controller Lunar Lander on the iPhone / iPod touch.
I think we gonna see it ^^ and i think it will be free ;]
Old 05-26-2008, 11:09 AM

that would be a challenge for the developers to sell the fighting game with the on screen buttons. i personally don't like onscreen control but i am sure there might be a solutions...
Old 05-28-2008, 04:39 PM

Well we got Namco on-board already ;p they except making arcade games, they mostly do fighting games, they got 2 great series in there hands ^^: "Tekken" and "Soul Calibur/Edge" i don't think they are keep makeing Sony exclusives, they already made ones Soul Calibur launch product for DreamCast ;p well the only problem is still... controls on touch screen only device ;>