Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 212 35.04%
No 293 48.43%
Not my type of game 100 16.53%
Voters: 605. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

Default We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

This thread is dedicated to All the geniuses of TA who think they know more about gaming market than the devs themselves.

You may not have made/sold a single game but you still believe you know how much any specific game should cost more than the devs who spent countless days/months of their lives on their game.

Let these greedy ******** know they cant charge more than 99cents for this junk. In fact, it should be FREE!!

Let them know they are DOOMED unless they agree to our, the Elite TA forum member's demands!!!

who am I? I'm proud to tell you I'm TA's very first spammer. They banned me looong time ago but I'm happy to see I'm not needed here anymore. Carry on my legacy young padawans!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default iOS Price Discussion Recycle Bin - Canabalt still isn't worth $2.99

I saw Canabalt on the front page today, and I just finished playing the flash version online. For the few minutes I played the game, I had an absolute blast. The animation and sounds are fantastic! However, I'm a little worried about its replay value. Do any of you have Canabalt? Have you gotten tired of it? Is it worth $2.99?

UPDATE: No, I do not believe it is worth $2.99. It would probably be better to spend $10 on Mirror's Edge than $3 on a stripped down clone of it.

Last edited by tsharpfilm; 01-10-2010 at 07:47 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
iPad mini 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
I saw Canabalt on the front page today, and I just finished playing the flash version online. For the few minutes I played the game, I had an absolute blast. The animation and sounds are fantastic! However, I'm a little worried about its replay value. Do any of you have Canabalt? Have you gotten tired of it? Is it work $2.99?
The game is fun for a while (a week at most), but after that I regret buying it. I absolutely think it's worth a dollar. I know money is something devs need but the app store today have much better games than this- Canabalt.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
I saw Canabalt on the front page today, and I just finished playing the flash version online. For the few minutes I played the game, I had an absolute blast. The animation and sounds are fantastic! However, I'm a little worried about its replay value. Do any of you have Canabalt? Have you gotten tired of it? Is it work $2.99?
well, the good news is that the game is pretty much exactly the flash version + twitter high score shoutouts. So you 100% know what you are getting.

The $2.99 price point has been a point of contention, so your mileage may vary, but we put it in the top list because we enjoyed playing it well beyond the first few days.

arn
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 PM

If you enjoy the flash game then yeah. Aside from a small amount of framerate dip its the exact same game. The music is still killer and the jumping is still satisfying as hell.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
but we put it in the top list because we enjoyed playing it well beyond the first few days.
That is a good standard. If a game is still being talked about in the threads and in the Top 100 games weeks after it was released then it is worth it to most people.

Last edited by DaveMc99; 11-03-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 03:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Old 11-03-2009, 03:44 PM

This is really an outstanding game, one that I find myself coming back to again and again. Well worth $2.99 in my opinion.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:50 PM

IMO it was not worth it. The gameplay content is really shallow and the only thing you are able to do in the game is tap to jump. Background scenery repeats itself over and over. The game has a cool presentation, the type that will make you say "wow this is awesome" when you first start playing and then 10 minutes later have you yawning and wanting more out of the game. Play Canabalt for 45 seconds and you've seen everything the game has to offer, no lie. The sad part is that over 90% of all $.99 games in the store have more content than the $3 Canabalt. Save your money.

Last edited by freedog; 11-03-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 04:04 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Yes.