★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apps you want to see on the iPhone?

05-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
Apps you want to see on the iPhone?

The launch of "iPhone 2.0" and the iTunes App Store will take place in late June. On that day, purchasing a game for the iPhone can be done quickly, easily, and from just about anywhere.

A variety of applications of many sorts will be available for download from the iTunes App Store on launch day and plenty more are on the way.

Which apps are you hoping will show up on the iPhone? Which killer app would turn your iPhone or iPod touch into your notion of the ultimate mobile device?

bp

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
05-25-2008, 08:22 PM
as far as the apps go i would really like to see some good business apps not for me.... but for all those enterprise people but one app which i would like to buy is where i can send any data or music or anything from my iPhone to my MacBook where i don't have to connect my iPhone again and again with the cable.

05-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
How about a very high quality telnet / SSH client for doing emergency, on-the-go server maintenance? I'd buy it.

blakespot

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakespot View Post
How about a very high quality telnet / SSH client for doing emergency, on-the-go server maintenance? I'd buy it.

blakespot
i would have to agree with u... i would also spend money on apps like these..
05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Well IBM was talking about porting mobile version of Lotus Notes in January ;p but i don't know that they may change mind after march 6.
05-29-2008, 09:45 PM
i was thinking of someone should have a app where we can edit all the documents of Microsoft Word in our iPhone ... that will be cool too...
05-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Microsoft said they were evaluating the iPhone SDK. So hopefully... but even if MS doesn't do it, Im sure there will be some sort of wordprocessor for the iPhone.

I need/want a good IM client. Hopefully AOL will deliver. Or Apple will do it.

arn
05-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Who knows what M$ will do ;p There made Office for Mac OS X so who knows ;>
05-31-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm sure we will see MS Office for the iPhone.
06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
MS makes Office for the Mac. Why not the iPhone? Just more revenue for M$. People will want EXCEL and Word editors so why not the "real" thing. Its coming my friend. The ground feels a little cold!