Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 AM
mrkgoo mrkgoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teidon View Post
Yea, the price is 4,19 New Zealand currencies, which is 2,99USD or 2,39EUR. So, the DLC might be something like 0,99USD/0,79EUR.

This is an instabuy as soon as it becomes available, which I think will happen at 00:01 thursday in each country. Stupid App Store and it's fail time zone support.
Sounds more like it's supporting time zones.

Anyway, never played this - down loading for Nz$4.19. Maybe it's a special, maybe they changed their minds, regardless, good idea, because at that price it's an impulse buy. At nz$6.49, I would've waited.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
ImNoSuperMan ImNoSuperMan is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,514
Default

Wow. That`s got to be the fastest sale on Appstore yet
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
teidon teidon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
Sounds more like it's supporting time zones.
Well, I find it stupid that if a developer sets a release time, it ends up having 24 different release times - due to time zones. It would in my opinion be much smarter if the developers could set release time as GMT+0 (or what ever the developer wants), and the app would appear the same second in every country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
Anyway, never played this - down loading for Nz$4.19. Maybe it's a special, maybe they changed their minds, regardless, good idea, because at that price it's an impulse buy. At nz$6.49, I would've waited.
Please let us know the price of the DLC when you have the chance.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
TIMELESS TIMELESS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 986
Default

This will be an instant buy for me .
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
mrkgoo mrkgoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teidon View Post
Well, I find it stupid that if a developer sets a release time, it ends up having 24 different release times - due to time zones. It would in my opinion be much smarter if the developers could set release time as GMT+0 (or what ever the developer wants), and the app would appear the same second in every country.

Please let us know the price of the DLC when you have the chance.
I can see what you mean, but I don't see a problem with it. Namco obviously wanted this released on Thursday December 9, so that's when it's releasing.

To be fair, you'd probably find it more annoying if it were released simultaneously world wide, as some people (i.e. NZers) would get it at a weird time like midday. Wouldn't you find it annoying to have to wait until middle of the day to get something, as opposed to just waking up and it's there?

Anyway, I'll check the DLC content. I'm not sure how in-app purchasing works - if it gets the prices from a server or is set in the code, but I'll let you guys know.

I'm more curious about the DLC download size. If the game is 52MB, how big will the DLC be? Or is it code that is already there, and you just pay to unlock?

edit: actually, now that I think about the code cannot have the price hardwired in, as the code is the same for the game regardless of country, so it must get prices from the servers.

Last edited by mrkgoo; 12-09-2009 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Shinto Shinto is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 592
Default

I am waiting for the game too but the IGN review is right in the DLC steal. The total price is not that much but the way thay are selling is not that fair. They are getting used to sell 50% game and the 50% in DLC. I understand that this marketing is to fight the low prices in the Appstore but I prefer they think in another option.

And Inotia 2 did a similar sale 2 hours after released.

Then the controls are good like TA said or ar broken like IGN says. I of course trust more here TA but I am worried at the same time. With the actual price I will buy it no matter what

Last edited by Shinto; 12-09-2009 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
teidon teidon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
To be fair, you'd probably find it more annoying if it were released simultaneously world wide, as some people (i.e. NZers) would get it at a weird time like midday. Wouldn't you find it annoying to have to wait until middle of the day to get something, as opposed to just waking up and it's there?
Well, now those poor USers will have to wait almost 20 hours in agony while you lucky NZers are already enjoying the game and posting how awesome it is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
I'm more curious about the DLC download size. If the game is 52MB, how big will the DLC be? Or is it code that is already there, and you just pay to unlock?
It will probably be separate download. You should find the option to buy the DLC from somewhere inside the game. It will open a pop-up that asks you if you really want to buy "Awesome DLC" for xxx NZ$ and then has an input box for your iTunes password.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM
mrkgoo mrkgoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teidon View Post
Well, now those poor USers will have to wait almost 20 hours in agony while you lucky NZers are already enjoying the game and posting how awesome it is.


It will probably be separate download. You should find the option to buy the DLC from somewhere inside the game. It will open a pop-up that asks you if you really want to buy "Awesome DLC" for xxx NZ$ and then has an input box for your iTunes password.
I meant was it just a code to unlock (as in no down load) or if you had to actually download the extra levels.

OH, and bad news - first a crash on load. But that happens a lot on first installs.

Anyway the main bad news:

the DLC is NZ$5.29. (US $3.99?). This means the cost of the DLC is more than the game itself. I guess that makes sense for a sort of 'lite' vs full version. Pay US$2.99 for the 'lite', and pay another US$3.99 for the full.

So the full game still costs as much as before, except they've adjusted the entry price.



This works out to be US$1 cheaper than before, if it was going to be US$4.99+$2.99. Kind of moot seeing as it's not even released in US yet, but there you go.

Last edited by mrkgoo; 12-09-2009 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
bgribin bgribin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 355
Default

I thought the XBLA version was great, but doubt I'll be getting it now on the iPhone.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM
mrkgoo mrkgoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgribin View Post
I thought the XBLA version was great, but doubt I'll be getting it now on the iPhone.
I guess it works out to be $1 cheaper than before (US$4.99+$2.99 vs US $2.99+3.99).
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent