Fallen Ep1 Help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, I'm enjoying this game and want to get a bit further before doing a review. And I can be kinda retarded when it comes to puzzles in gaming... so yeah... I'm kinda stuck. A couple of things really.

1. What's that second thing you get out of the bag in the shower room?

2. How do you open the first aid box in the shower room?

3. How do I turn on the security cameras?

4. How do you switch weapons? I already have the wrench, I just don't know how to equip it...

2. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Anyone? I'm really stuck... I'll give it another shot but I don't know how I'll do... And I want to write that promised review.

3. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    you only get one weapon the entire episode. there is no switching. also, as it stands, the first aid box seems like it was left in on accident, as i've scoured every corner of the game trying to find a means to open it, but have been unsuccessful. in the main thread, everybody else has mentioned their inability to open the box. safe to assume it can't be opened at this point.

to turn on the security camera you will need a combination of items that you find throughout the areas. i believe you'll need a wrench, the cleaning spray, the main board chip, and some colored fuses. you use all of these items on the fuse box right next to the locker doorway.

4. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ok thanks, the description of the wrench made it sound like it could be a weapon... And I guess I havn't searched enough as I havn't found the cleaning fluid or the fuses... and maybe the box is a preview of EP2, since you might open it in E2, meaning it might be an update or DLC? Who knows?

Thanks again.

5. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    yeah it could be something we don't open until the second episode. as for the items you've missed, just keep looking around...if you need the answers, i can tell you where they are.

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I gotta look a bit more... I'm trying to figure out what's up with the shower drain... I keep getting to where I kill the first bug thing and then I keep hitting the home button without saving... it happened twice... I fail.

7. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    This game is very hard. But I love it.

8. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    no joke, make sure you make saves every five minutes or so. you can't access your inventory or save in mid battle(which is bizarre because i think we should be allowed to heal ourselves while fighting), so if you get caught and die, you gotta go back to wherever your last save was...and if you get unlucky, that could be a ways back.

9. ShowDog

ShowDog Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I need some help with this game.

I have gotten to the showers, where I see a dead body and a pile of clothes. Pulling off the clothes reveals a hairpin, which I haven't been able to find a use for. There is a drain in the shower that I cannot interact with, and this seems to be a dead end for me. I tried to pick the locker with the hairpin, but that didn't yield any results. Whatever I'm missing, running back and forth and even restarting the game didn't help me find it. I'm hoping you guys can.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    As any thief knows, you need more than a hairpin to pick a lock. To the right of the showers there's another area with more items, including a screwdriver. You can keep going further in the same direction and find a whole new area with several set pieces.

11. ShowDog

ShowDog Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I totally missed that there was another screen to the right of the showers, the angles led me to believe that there was nothing but a wall in that area. Thanks for the tip, something like that can be incredibly frustrating!

12. tumbleninah

tumbleninah Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    dublin
    ohhhhhhhh...cool....;)

13. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    In the showers you can stop and look at one of the holes. He says that someone must have not had fun there. What do you do there? How do you heal?

Also what dies the magnifying glass on the iventiry screen do?

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    In order:

1) Not sure what's in the drain -- would be good to check it out again with the screwdriver.

2) You heal by taking pain killers. So far I've found only one bottle, though we all assume that there are more inside the medicine cabinet (which nobody has been able to open)

3) I haven't been able to make the magnifying glass work on anything. Perhaps it's there for future episodes.

15. RKRigney

RKRigney Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Journalist
    Poplarville, MS
    I feel so stupid, but what in God's name do I do after breaking the glass? WHAT LEVER?

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You need to turn on power for the door outside the glass. If you paid attention as you went into that area, you will have seen a sign for "B3" (if I remember correctly). So, press the B3 button on the panel and turn the dial.

17. RKRigney

Nov 26, 2009
    Journalist
    Poplarville, MS
    Thanks, man :) You're a lifesaver

18. RKRigney

Nov 26, 2009
    Journalist
    Poplarville, MS
    Where the hell are pain pills?

*spoilers*

I already met the cop, so I can't go back into the shower area if they're in there, and I have almost no health left

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Unfortunately, you no longer have access to them. You may have to start over again (which, considering the length of the game, is less of a bid deal than it sounds). I don't remember exactly where they were -- may have been with the body. There are multiple save slots, so it might be a good idea to save before you get the monitor fixed.

20. RKRigney

Nov 26, 2009
    Journalist
    Poplarville, MS
    Yeah, I had to restart the game. I was right at the very end before, but I remembered all the puzzles and it took me a little less than 30 minutes to beat the entire game on my second run. The pills were located with the body, as you said.

It wasn't THAT big of a deal, but time is money, and that game stole my time. That was just bad game design. Hopefully an update will be released that allows players to get access to that area no matter where they saved.