• Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.9 MB
  • Version: 18.5
  • Price: $7.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: You can now have Quest, Island of Ice and Fire, Hero of Lukomorye I and Hero of Lukomorye II all together for a significantly reduced price! The Quest Gold contains the highly regarded The Quest, the large Official expansion and the first two expansions from the Hero of Lukomorye series, making it extremely good value!

The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn, engaging and sinister world full of mystery, magic and provocative challenges.

Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, attributes, weapons, armor and enchantments, then explore a huge non-linear realm of four different cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests.

Play an absorbing card game, solve brain-teasing quests and clash with dangerous opponents in this turn- and skill-based Role Playing Game.

You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic end of your own choosing. You will need all your gaming know-how to survive and discover your destiny!

The Quest Gold features:

- well over a 100 hours of gameplay!
- fps-like view with continuously rendered 3D graphics
- ambient visual and sound effects
- day and night cycles with weather effects
- a huge, complex, living world with underground levels
- long and provocative main storyline
- almost two hundred side missions
- optional undead race with different abilities
- complex magic, enchant and alchemy system
- primary and secondary skills
- advanced dialogue system
- readable books, pickable locks, repairable items
- race-, gender-, fame- and outfit-based relationships
- fantasy card game with three decks at the inns
- original soundtrack

If you hunger for even more adventure, don't forget to check out all the other expansions for The Quest, not included in The Quest Gold!

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Mithril Horde Expansion : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-quest-mithril-horde/id349924184?mt=8
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM
after the seed fiasco forget it !

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
after the seed fiasco forget it !
What fiasco? The great deal going on for those with patience to wait for one? Or are you griping about the DLC?

Regardless, this is a good idea and I will be putting it on my appshopper list to wait for a price drop since I am an openly admitted cheap ass.

Game Center/OpenFeint/XBL Gamertag: Chrono Gear
Twitter/Plus+/AGON/Scoreloop/PSN ID: ChronoGear
I'm now a writer at No DPad!
IUGO VIP Code: 20752
12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm guessing that the SEED pricing thing was the developers' decision and not Chillingo. Don't let that stop you
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
If it was cheaper than the cost of the expansions, I'd buy it. But I already have The Quest (and haven't finished it enough to warrant buying the expansions yet...)

Now if they came out and promised more expansions for free in this version, I'd jump on it. And the "having more apps" issue isn't because one you enable the expansions in the main app you can delete them off your device (which I think is a fantastic idea BTW!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Gear View Post
What fiasco? The great deal going on for those with patience to wait for one?
While I am not sure I would call it a fiasco, I will say that its generally not a smart idea to alienate your most rabid customers (IE, your early adopters). I own a fair number of Chilingo games, but you can be sure I have no plans to ever purchase another one in the first few weeks.

Some I will probably purchase eventually, and some I will miss altogether as they fall off my radar, but their revenue stream from me is going to go down after this.

They certainly are allowed to price and re-price their games however they like, but conditioning your customers to pause before purchasing can't be too smart an idea.

Michael
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
While I am not sure I would call it a fiasco, I will say that its generally not a smart idea to alienate your most rabid customers (IE, your early adopters). I own a fair number of Chilingo games, but you can be sure I have no plans to ever purchase another one in the first few weeks.

Some I will probably purchase eventually, and some I will miss altogether as they fall off my radar, but their revenue stream from me is going to go down after this.

They certainly are allowed to price and re-price their games however they like, but conditioning your customers to pause before purchasing can't be too smart an idea.

Michael
that was basically what i meant.......you just used more words

nicely put

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
nicely put
I'm here for you.

I love your signature. Very zen.
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
any chance of a video at some point ??? sure looks nice...........
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post

Michael
please get your facts straight!
chillingo is a PUBLISHING company, they do not develop the games. Their job is to drum-up intrest in the game and spread the word. They had nothing to do with seed's price drop.
To say, you won't be picking up future titles is just kinda stupid.

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!