Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Default Aftermath - (by TwoHeads Games) - Now Universal!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 03-18-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 AM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Those screenshots look stunning. I wonder if the game looks that fantastic in motion..

Definitely not picking this up, though, since I'm absolutely sick of twin-stick shooters
Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Screenshots do look good. I could not find any video and the links for support and devs site listed at app store do not exist. No video, no support equals no buy.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 AM

I've TOFTTed. Given it a good 45 minutes of play or so, sat at my desk and in the waiting room at the dentist.

It's really rather good, actually, and well worth the launch price based on what I've played.

The controls work well. You follow the arrow through the levels to get to a waypoint, trying to avoid being munched on by endlessly-respawning zombies on the way. The levels are very dark, so you need to need use your torch to light them up - your character automatically fires at any zombies within the torch light.

All the way it's raining and there's lightning, which lights up the level for a second and can show you a lot of zombies you hadn't noticed.

It all works and it's very atmospheric. Hard too, after the first couple of levels. I'm on the third level now and gradually getting better as I explore the place and find my around.

There's the odd rough edge - shadows are boxes and I glitched through a door once - but they don't take away from the fact that this is a very impressive game.

Don't seem to be too many levels, but it looks like the last one is a Survival mode, which is nice - and there's OpenFeint high scores.

Given the cheap price, I reckon it's well worth a look.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:47 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

DevilishlyGood, are you the dev? If so, it's wrongly categorised - at least, in the Australian App Store. It's under 'Books'. Just so you know. That as well as the fact it's bought & downloading now for me.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
DevilishlyGood, are you the dev? If so, it's wrongly categorised - at least, in the Australian App Store. It's under 'Books'. Just so you know. That as well as the fact it's bought & downloading now for me.

*laughs*

No, he isn't. Look at his post count.
People like him posting so much on TA don't have the time to develop apps...
Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 AM

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Screenshots do look good. I could not find any video and the links for support and devs site listed at app store do not exist. No video, no support equals no buy.
Seems to me like another case of a developer surprised by the speed of Apple's approval -- I can't imagine that something as sophisticated as this is being thrown out there without any support.

After thirty minutes or so with the game, I'm in full agreement with ThatRevChap's impressions: this is a pretty impressive game, particularly for the current price. The environment and character animation remind me of GTA: Chinatown though not as detailed. The lighting effects are very nice, the controls are responsive and well implemented, gameplay is simple but challenging (particularly after the second level). Open Feint integration, well designed menus, and autosave add that extra level of polish. The only concern is that the story mode is likely short, though as ThatRevChap pointed out, completing it seems to unlock a survival mode.

Definitely worth checking out at the sale price.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:08 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I have to agree, this is a pretty fun game at a great price.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 3.x

I just downloaded, and I like it. I saw the screen shots, and I'm always a sucker for 3D games, and I like dual stick shooters, yet none seem to keep my interest long, so I'm always lookig for the perfect one.

The game is darker that what is shown in the screen shots. I like how the levels have a structure to them as you have an objective (although the paths are linear), itstead of most other dual stick shooters where your points are based on kills and you are placed in an open sandbox. With Aftermath, none of your kills are counted toward your final score, instead it is your accuracy, remaining health, and time (though I'm sure kills count with the survival mode).

Those reasons alone make Aftermath different from other dual stick shooters on the app store.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
Yeah, that mystified me as well that it was under Books in the US store, but as the description was a game, I went ahead and started a thread for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
*laughs*

No, he isn't. Look at his post count.
People like him posting so much on TA don't have the time to develop apps...
lol...sad but true