• Publisher: para9
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 48.9 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: muBlip is a rhythm & shapes game that will require you to flex your memory muscle. The core gameplay is simple: learn multi-touch patterns then replay them as accurately as possible. Think of it as Simon says meets multi-touch.

Finalist in the 2010 IGF Mobile Awards
"An enjoyable, challenging and singular experience" - Touch Arcade
"A unique and enthralling experience" - Finger Gaming
"One of the best rhythm games out on the App Store" - AppSpy
"A challenging, beautiful and unique music game" - Touch Reviews
"Novel touch controls, muBlip makes for a memorable experience" - 148Apps
"One of the funkiest, freshest type of game you can play" - Reviews on the Run

~~~~~~~~~
FEATURES
~~~~~~~~~

- Play 13 great levels featuring music by para9 and Duchess Says
- Choose between casual and hardcore mode
- Compare scores on Game Center leaderboards
- Learn the basics via a quick tutorial
- Attempt advanced levels that include multi-touch gestures
- iOS 4 compatible with support for Retina display

muBlip is rhythm: The visual patterns of the game follow the rhythm of the song, so listen carefully to the music. Timing is key to succeed in muBlip.

muBlip is shapes: Each blip is represented as a beautiful and distinctive shape, use that to your advantage when learning patterns.

muBlip is memory: To master muBlip, prepare to exercise your memory muscle. The better you are at memorizing the sequence of blips, the higher your score.

~~~~~~~~~
CONTACTS
~~~~~~~~~

Follow us at twitter.com/muBlip
Visit us at www.mublip.com

Palfince's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-16-2010, 01:34 PM
This actually looks like fun. However, my memory skills stink, so this may be a little too challenging for me.

03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
aw cool! not only do you have to remember the shapes, but the rhythm as well! looks so cool!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow, this is definitely a keeper. Great rhythm game, excellent selection of tunes, and hard mode really makes you want to learn the song from start to finish.

I can't wait to play this on an iPad, because I'd really love using the extra room.
03-17-2010, 07:57 AM
This game deserves WAY more attention than it is getting!

I hooked more on this than I ever was on DDR or Tap Tap revolution, especially trying to get 3 stars.

At least watch the video people!
03-17-2010, 08:42 AM
For some reason this looked more fun in the video than it was to play. Might just be me though. I think I just can't get into a game where the note still plays whether you get it right or not. Couldn't get into the "tap tap" games for the same reason. In games like Rock Band, etc. you feel like you are making something happen. Because you are. Here and in Tap Tap it feels more like you're just miming.

This still isn't bad, and the memory game part works well I guess. Just don't see myself going back to this much.
03-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
For some reason this looked more fun in the video than it was to play. Might just be me though. I think I just can't get into a game where the note still plays whether you get it right or not. Couldn't get into the "tap tap" games for the same reason. In games like Rock Band, etc. you feel like you are making something happen. Because you are. Here and in Tap Tap it feels more like you're just miming.

This still isn't bad, and the memory game part works well I guess. Just don't see myself going back to this much.
Got to agree with you there, I absolutely love the game's style but it just doesn't feel right. I've played through all the levels and I just don't really want to go back to it.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Have you unlocked the hardcore diffuculties yet?
03-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I am still waiting for someone to do Elite Beat Agent on the iPhone.
03-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Bought it earlier, the style is lovely but I am crap at these kind of games. I'd say if you are good at this stuff, it's great.