iPad: Upcoming iPad Games

03-19-2010, 01:08 AM
#1
Upcoming iPad Games

It's clear that there are a lot of big iPad games coming down the line, so we've opened this iPad specific upcoming game section to focus on them in the lead up to the iPad launch.

Basically, rules are the same as the Upcoming iPhone Games section but for iPad specific games.

arn
03-19-2010, 03:45 AM
#2
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Tehran-Iran
Posts: 1,335
new section should be cool

Gamecenter: italodance / PSN: italodancemp3

iOS MFi Controller: MOGA Ace Power

03-19-2010, 07:50 AM
#3
Awesome! Thanks arn! I'll have to get my own dual-stick game listed at some point. (I was planning to wait until closer to release date, but if I hear interest from other users I'll post some screenies. Hint, hint. )

To other devs: I don't recommend posting screenshots that include the simulator frame. From what I understand, that is still NDA information.
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
#4
Super Shock Football coming to iPad

Our electric football simulator "Super Shock Football" is coming to the iPad. We're targeting launch day right now and have lots of new features not found in the iphone version such as additional teams, weather effects, and new gameplay features. Check out the original iPhone game thread HERE.

New media showing off the iPad build coming soon

Hope you all like it!

Steamroller Studios maker of Super Shock Football
Latest News: Super Shock Football HD hits the App Store
Super Shock Football HD on TouchArcade
For more info check out our Website or follow us on Twitter.
03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
#5
The Creeps! will be making an appearance on the iPad!

Larger maps, high resolution graphics plus a new tower.

I'll post images and more details here later
03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
Awesome! Thanks arn! I'll have to get my own dual-stick game listed at some point. (I was planning to wait until closer to release date, but if I hear interest from other users I'll post some screenies. Hint, hint. )

To other devs: I don't recommend posting screenshots that include the simulator frame. From what I understand, that is still NDA information.
How would that work on ipad?

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
03-19-2010, 08:05 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularStormy View Post
The Creeps! will be making an appearance on the iPad!

Larger maps, high resolution graphics plus a new tower.

I'll post images and more details here later
The Creeps on iPad!! Still one of my favorite!! I will be looking forward to this one... "ohh, it hurts..."

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-20-2010, 12:23 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Candy Mountain, Charlie!
Posts: 658
But, shouldn't devs still focus efforts on iphone since that's where most of their customers are?
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfires View Post
But, shouldn't devs still focus efforts on iphone since that's where most of their customers are?
It looks like some developers are shifting to iPad only games to see how the games sell on those right now.
03-20-2010, 01:48 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfires View Post
But, shouldn't devs still focus efforts on iphone since that's where most of their customers are?
Will a little effort they can make them universal (in some cases) so that one purchase recognizes the device and uploads the appropriate version of the app.

Also, there will be an ipad only app store, so this offers devs a chance to have their brand better noticed than it otherwise would in the iphone/IPT app store. Thus, even if there are fewer ipad purchases, their company gets higher profile effective advertising, which may increase their iphone/IPT app sales.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 03-20-2010 at 01:52 AM.