★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post

It's a shame too, because I thought the gameplay itself was great. Nice graphics, personality, etc. However, it would have been so much better as a premium title, as I can only assume the same applies to this version as well.
Sometimes I wonder how many people hear this EXACT phrase in their head every time a new Glu game is released...

Fall in love, download, play for a bit, notice ridiculous IAP prices, ignore them, play a bit more, hit enormous pay-wall, delete game... fall in love, dow...

DBC

I give up.
03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
If you use the "Tapjoy Method", its not too bad. I do that with all of Glu's games. Sure it's a pain in the ass sometimes, but its worth it with some titles. I played Gun Bros for months without spending a dime and just downloading/opening/deleting Tapjoy apps. I'm doing the same now with Gun Bros 2 and Eternity Warriors 2. Lol, there in NO WAY I'm paying 20 bucks for a weapon or whatever on some of Glu's games.
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm enjoying it so far.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
03-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Sometimes I wonder how many people hear this EXACT phrase in their head every time a new Glu game is released...

Fall in love, download, play for a bit, notice ridiculous IAP prices, ignore them, play a bit more, hit enormous pay-wall, delete game... fall in love, dow...

DBC
Yup. Lure you in with a great game, get you hooked and then force you to grind incessantly to advance until you burn out or pay up, while simultaneously restricting half of the potential upgrades with a second currency that is analogous to putting salt into a large paper cut while listening to fingernails on a chalkboard while watching Titanic in slow motion in prison.