★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A Good Endless Runner?

07-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr haptic View Post
Punch Quest would be my choice, it captures the charm of arcade gaming perfectly and melds the best qualities of a sidescrolling beat-em-up with an endless runner.
Heck ya! Another great endless puncher/runner.
07-30-2014, 01:50 PM
It's not even half as good as it once was now that it became free to play, filled with insanely stupid upgrades and extra gibberiah, but Whale Trail is still one of my favorite endless games and probably even still one of my favorite ios games. Because of the wonderful soundtrack, beautiful art and smooth controls.

07-30-2014, 04:34 PM
I would instantly say Boson X if not for the "with upgrades and stuff" part of the OP.

Here are my recommendations:

Adventure Beaks
Zombie Tsunami
Captain Antarctica
TMNT Rooftop Run
Dead Ahead
Indiana Stone
Run N Gun
One Epic Knight
TheEndApp
Temple Run 2

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Spooky Hoofs, an underated game. I don't think many people know of this game, it's an horror inspired endless runner with boss battles. It's a really great game.
07-31-2014, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyomi View Post
Spooky Hoofs, an underated game. I don't think many people know of this game, it's an horror inspired endless runner with boss battles. It's a really great game.
Agreed. Pretty old, but still pretty good.

Gamesmold's other games are pretty good too... Blood Roofs (a lovecraft-inspired bahind the back runner) and the ever-unique Shadow Vamp are 2 of my favorites.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-31-2014, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Heck ya! Another great endless puncher/runner.
Yep, after loving jetpack joyride I came across punch quest as a means of scratching the itch that game had created. To me punch quest is a little bit better than jetpack but I've found that I need my endless runners to have a combative element.
07-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone
I'll look into all of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I would instantly say Boson X if not for the "with upgrades and stuff" part of the OP.
How can one not love Boson X