Fantastic Free games with Full Premium Unlocks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Feb 20, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I have probably overlooked some great free games just because they were free. Please tell me some must have free games that have a full premium unlock this includes ad removers. I'm looking for games that only have this as the only IAP in the game. This means no consumables. Thank you!!!!

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks for starting this thread, I'm looking forward to other members suggestions. I'll start with a few off the top of my head:

Lego Star Wars
    The Walking Dead- Season 1 & 2
    Star Realms
    Soul Gambler

The first two you probably own or are well aware of, but the second two are slightly more obscure. Star Realms is a card game, like a simplified Ascension. That's a $5 unlock.
    And Soul Gambler is choose-your-adventure type of interactive comic. And that comes with a $3 unlock.

3. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Most Big Fish games are like this.

4. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Two that came out last week: Staying Together and Eyez - Spatial Puzzle Platformer. Eyez does have one other $0.99 IAP besides the full game unlock (which is $1.99), but it's not consumable, it's a one time thing to make the game a bit easier.

I recommend both!

There are also still games that offer lite versions, which I think is comparable. Bobbing: Get Addicted Edition and Trainyard Express come to mind

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #5 Exact-Psience, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    All these i highly recommend:

Taekwondo - single unlock all IAP
    Checkpoint Champion - one remove ads IAP
    Bloo Kid 2 - one remove ads IAP
    Dragon Slasher - single unlock all IAP
    Lone Wolf - has a single IAP for the unlock everything bundle
    Zen Pinball - single IAP for each table

And i just want to point this one out:
    Phoenix HD - this has consumables, but it has a perma-purchase coin TRIPLER which renders the consumables useless. Has single IAP for each ship.

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Ace Attorney HD Trilogy and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies 1/2 free chapters + IAP for the rest.

Same for Drakerider and Ghost Trick, BUT Drakerider is broken on iOS 8 and I think Ghost Trick is in the same situation.

There was also a free game about a dark imp or something... but I don't remember the name. It gave you choices for different things like killing someone after talking with him/her or not.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Reaper - Tale of a Pale Swordsman... I think that's the right one. And yeah, the only IAPs are full unlocks, which gives you different starting bonuses i believe.

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yeah, that's the one! It's also available in Steam. Very good game.

Saturday Morning RPG is free with 1/2 chapters (I think) and the rest through IAP. It also has some consumables but they aren't needed at all. It also has a premium version though. The price is the same.

Jet Car Stunts 2 is also free with some levels and the rest are sold via IAP. I recall buying any of the "bundles" also give you access to user-created levels or saving them.

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is also free (one chapter) and the rest through IAP.

Turbo Dismount is also free with some IAP and one to unlock all.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I'll chime in with my two personal "free" favorite games,

Sky Force 2014 - permanent IAP for star doubler. Also IAP to remove small add banner on menu
    Deep Loot - permanent coin doubler IAP

This is a great thread, relating to one i asked in the dev forums : how viable is it for you (the devs) to release free games with iap to turn into a premium experience similar to those two games? Unfortunately it didn't get many views / replies

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You gotta mention the consumables on both of those. They have consumable IAPs. It's what Coolpep was trying to look for. But i agree, those are great games.