World Productivity is set to plummet! - Firemint acquires Puzzle Quest devs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Maybe they can make a better version of Puzzle Quest. :p

3. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    If anyone can fix the performance issues in the awful iOS port of puzzle-quest 2, then it would be the programmers who worked on Real Racing and Real Racing 2. I mean, the game has very nice production values, but it barely works on iOS.

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I Know whats next. Real Puzzle Quest.

5. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    big fish swallows little fish, i see the trend will be more clear in 2011. don't know whether it is good or bad...

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  7. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Dont think it is that way mate. They acquired Infinite not bought them out. I think it is more that they joined together to make one dominate force. It seems like a complete dif situation to that of Chillingo and Ea. I think the two have joined in a bond.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, that "barely working" game has been destroying my free time, so I'm not sure there's really much to "fix" besides a few small annoyances. iOS gamers can be so neurotic and petty.

Of course, it would be great to see something with the depth and breath of PuzzleQuest and Firemint production values...

9. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    PQ2 has very oddly stretched graphics on an iPhone. I realize the gameplay is great, but it just bothers me to have everything distorted. Especially the odd shaped skulls :(

I do hope firemint can do something for it, though wasn't this a Namco thing?

10. gennataos

gennataos Active Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Sounds like a good pairing...I'm looking forward to their releases.

11. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Same here, and it plays much better on the iPad than the other devices.

I'll hold off on judging this one till they release a game :)

12. Real Puzzle Racing.

13. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Shouldn't it be Real Flight Quest? You're a racing plane that drops bombs on hordes of orcs. DUH!

14. Firemonkeys Sam

Firemonkeys Sam Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Community Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    We're very excited to be working with the talented people from Infinite Interactive.

Just to clarify some questions about the iOS versions of Puzzle Quest 2 - while Infinite Interactive developed the DS, Xbox and PC versions, the iOS versions were fully developed and published by Namco.

15. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Thank you for the clarification. I guess that I can blame Namco for the less-than-optimal iOS port of Puzzle Quest 2. Well, I still think that if Firemint did the coding for Puzzle Quest 2 on iOS, the game would run much better. Maybe Namco would be willing to sell you that game back so you could re-work it.

One could argue that Real Racing was the first great game for the iPhone platform in terms of showing just what was possible in terms of graphics and gameplay. Congratulations on the merger and I wish you all the best of luck with your future projects.